The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-10-2019, 11:08 AM   #41
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudrunner View Post
I mean he did say he loved her, even if he was goaded into it by Angel.
Indeed he did.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/9065a2d5...1rjo1_1280.jpg

Old 12-10-2019, 11:55 AM   #42
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Tigerclaw is partly right, though. That relationship could have used more "show, don't tell." That's why I really liked the two part Universe comic where the two infiltrate Null HQ together. Showed they have a good dynamic without having to explicitly be "romantic"
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:28 AM   #43
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Raph and Alopex have certainly had a vibe of two people with a crush for awhile. Like during the North Hampton arc, the fight with Bebop and Rocksteady or when they got thrown into the chicken wire.

Spoiler:

Here is she is, defending Raph during one of his episodes
Spoiler:

Plus there's several panels where Alopex is the one supporting Raph with a touch or hug.

Spoiler:

Big Spoiler issue #100
Spoiler:

(I wish I could find the last panel in issue 50 where Alopex is holding up an injured Raph but you get the idea)

I mean, it's small bits, but given her limited time on panel, a significant % of that time is spent furthering her relationship or signaling she feels close to Raph. So I don't think her and him having a romantic relationship comes out of nowhere.

Last edited by Mutant Ninja Anole; 12-16-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Mutant Ninja Anole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 12:34 PM   #44
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Yeah I guess that's fair, she's always around to comfort him. They do the best they can with the time they had. I guess really it's just that conversation with Angel that was kinda off-putting. That's the part that they could have shown at some point. But all-in all they have shown enough to prove they're at least close.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:28 PM   #45
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I found this other pic. It's another cover. You can see Mona Lisa in the background.

Spoiler:
Old 12-16-2019, 06:33 PM   #46
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I found this other pic. It's another cover. You can see Mona Lisa in the background.

Pizza gyoza, anyone?!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:42 PM   #47
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Pizza gyoza, anyone?!
That's maybe Mona Lisa. I just don't know why she's sitting alone there.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:01 PM   #48
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
That's maybe Mona Lisa. I just don't know why she's sitting alone there.
Jennika seems to have some in front of her. I know I'm reading too much into a cover but maybe that's where they all first meet.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 07:47 PM   #49
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Jennika seems to have some in front of her. I know I'm reading too much into a cover but maybe that's where they all first meet.
Maybe she goes all fangirl like when she sees the Turtles sitting on the other side.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:02 PM   #50
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Now that Mona Lisa made her debut in this issue. I wonder what ya'll think of this version of the character?

I think this version of Mona Lisa is pretty good. They kept some of her origin from the original series.

This version of Mona Lisa still has a thing for Raph. She sees him as a Superhero. She only knows about him because she has seen him a lot from the distance. She thinks Alopex is cute. Which was the reason why she volunteered to help with that homeless shelter for Mutants.

I'm sure she will get to meet Raph in a future issue. It will be interesting to see the reaction from Raph when he meets Mona Lisa for the first time. I don't think it will be love at first sight considering he has feelings for Alopex.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:31 PM   #51
neatoman
Emperor

My impression is that we don't have much to go by yet. The most I can say about her is that I don't mind that she's clearly more inspired by the original depiction of the character than the Nickelodeon version (pretty sure the only thing taken from the Nick version is the color scheme). As of yet I'm not sure where she's going to go, for all we know she could be in like two more issues and completely forgotten after that.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 03:40 PM   #52
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
My impression is that we don't have much to go by yet. The most I can say about her is that I don't mind that she's clearly more inspired by the original depiction of the character than the Nickelodeon version (pretty sure the only thing taken from the Nick version is the color scheme). As of yet I'm not sure where she's going to go, for all we know she could be in like two more issues and completely forgotten after that.
Given how we now have Mutant Town. She can make some appearances from time to time. After all she's gonna be working at this Homeless Shelter for Mutants. Eventually they will come up with something that will result in her having some adventures with the Turtles. She doesn't have to appear in every issue. So her involvement depends on where the stories go.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:45 PM   #53
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

One thing that solicits emphasized was the Turtles will go their separate ways after Splinter's death. It gave the impression that they would at the arc's end. However, it appears that Old Hob's antics will bring them back together after having been a part in a six months period that was skipped over.

It is interesting to note that the EPF is put in charge of the mutagen bomb clean up considering it would seem that John Bishop's corrupt practices would have been exposed with his apparent death. Would we see Ravenwood taking a role in the next year or would she be more likely have a place in the 2020 annual that takes place in the 6 month gap?
Old 01-11-2020, 06:11 PM   #54
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Given how we now have Mutant Town. She can make some appearances from time to time. After all she's gonna be working at this Homeless Shelter for Mutants. Eventually they will come up with something that will result in her having some adventures with the Turtles. She doesn't have to appear in every issue. So her involvement depends on where the stories go.
Or she could turn out to be lying about her backstory and is really a salamandrian spy sent by Ch'rell to find recruits for a conquest of earth. My point is that we haven't had her around for nearly long enough to speculate.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote