The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Is TMNT/Marvel a good idea?
Yes 5 27.78%
No 9 50.00%
Maybe 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2023, 10:59 AM   #1
Lil G
Stone Warrior

TMNT/Marvel

I know this will never happen in a million years but I have always wondered what TMNT would be like in the hands of Marvel. I've seen a lot of fan art crossovers and have always wondered what a TMNT Marvel movie would look like. Also, I feel like the turtles would fit well within the Marvel universe considering it's a parody of Daredevil, and the characters have traits of X Men. I don't think I would mind if the property was sold to them, and I honestly think Marvel would be able to take them to new heights unforeseen. I was just wondering if any other TMNT fans feel the same way and what you all think.
Lil G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:05 AM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

TMNT/Marvel would be cool, TMNT fits criteria of what makes a superhero.
Old 05-25-2023, 11:10 AM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Probably you'd see a middling 20 or so issues and then it'd hit cancellation numbers and you'd never see it again. Lots of mutants and slapstick humor.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:37 AM   #4
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

Probably worse than the current IDW TMNT comic. That means TMNT will be a total capeshit comic. This is really bad. Endless stories. No villain dies permanently. The Turtles not allowed to kill any villains.
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:44 AM   #5
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

If they hadn't gotten bought out by Viacom, I'd probably be against it, but since they aren't their own thing anymore, sure.

It'd be pretty awesome to see them in the Marvel universe with Daredevil, Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc.

And between DC and Marvel, I'm more of a Marvel guy anyways. So sure why not.
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:44 AM   #6
Monty Mole
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLabRat View Post
Probably worse than the current IDW TMNT comic. That means TMNT will be a total capeshit comic. This is really bad. Endless stories. No villain dies permanently. The Turtles not allowed to kill any villains.

That pretty much sums up IDW though.
Monty Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 12:01 PM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'd be all for it to see crossovers like they've already done with DC, etc. I worry about them ending up owned by companies like Marvel that already has a vast sea of superheros the TMNT could get lost among and not get enough attention. I wish for them to remain a property that gets around and can continue to do plenty of crossovers with any other company who is interested, but concerned that companies like Marvel/Disney might end that if they got their hands on the TMNT.

edit: Too bad fandoms can't establish organizations and collectively take ownership of properties themselves, with members voting for what's to be done with it and what companies are given rights to produce various media, etc. (And gives member fans the right to produce their own stuff officially if they've got the funds to do it.)

Okay everyone go win the Power Ball or Mega Millions jackpots so we can pool the money and buy them from Nick/Paramount, 'kay? lol Maybe then they can keep rights to produce films IF they listen to us.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-25-2023 at 12:11 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 12:08 PM   #8
IMJ
Emperor

Really depends on who they team with.
Something like TMNT with Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends or TMNT with X-Men would be better than TMNT with the Avengers or something like that.

TMNT/Daredevil could be as great as the Batman Team-Up was...
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 12:16 PM   #9
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

A Marvel crossover? Why? So Captain Marvel could prove how much better she is than the turtles? Or so one of the turtles could join the polyamory with Wolverine, Jean, and Cyclops? I don’t think so
Old 05-25-2023, 02:04 PM   #10
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
A Marvel crossover? Why? So Captain Marvel could prove how much better she is than the turtles? Or so one of the turtles could join the polyamory with Wolverine, Jean, and Cyclops? I don’t think so
Some genius Marvel writer would have a romance between the brothers and X-Men's Beast for no other reason so as to embrace.... ahem... Bestiality.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 02:25 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Really depends on who they team with.
Something like TMNT with Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends or TMNT with X-Men would be better than TMNT with the Avengers or something like that.

TMNT/Daredevil could be as great as the Batman Team-Up was...
It'd make way more sense than a DC acquisition, that's for sure. Right away the TMNT's origins can be baked into Daredevil's -- officially, at last -- and there could be all sorts of neat connections between the Foot and the Hand. In fact, the presence of the Foot Clan in the Marvel universe could have all sorts of ramifications even outside a TMNT book. And imagine the Turtles spending like a year or two as actual members of the X-Men.

I just wouldn't trust Marvel -- especially the Marvel of today -- to not completely squander the opportunity and put the wrong people on the books.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 03:02 PM   #12
Lil G
Stone Warrior

I think the majority of these replies are valid points, and actually am surprised at the results of the poll. It seems equally split into three groups. Not going to lie, I would love to see Marvel movie graphics on the turtles. Not referring to the new Modok but more what they were able to do with Thanos and Hulk. As far as comics, I am more on the negative side of things that the turtles would have more problems than necessary for a Marvel acquisition as far as a main comic line would be concerned. But as far as crossovers? Bring it on.
Lil G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 07:39 PM   #13
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I would not be against it but I seem to remember people being against Disney acquiring TMNT. What would be the difference?

I voted maybe but I should have voted yes since they’ve done a lot of Marvel stuff.
Old 05-27-2023, 12:56 AM   #14
Shark_Blade
Emperor

TMNT meet Spider-Man in NYC.

Yes why not.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote