The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-19-2020, 01:21 AM   #21
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

OHHH IT'S ABOUT TIME SALLY DID THAT

Spoiler:

Hob's had that punch coming for a LONG TIME and it's so good that it finally happened.
Kinda get why Klunk was shifted to being a white cat for that particular scene, and didn't see it coming that the weasels would have been really young.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:12 AM   #22
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
Cat slippers!
Would Hob find those unsettling?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 07:25 AM   #23
Wentos
Foot Soldier

I just read issue #103 and I loved it! TMNT is the highlight of my pull list for the first time in a long while.

Making the book more character-driven is a very welcome change of pace and I really like that the book is taking its time introducing us to the new status quo. Honestly, the book could just be about Mutant Town for a couple years and I wouldn't breathe a word of complaint. It's such a neat setting and there's a million things you could do with it.

Ever since Nick bought the franchise, every verision of TMNT has felt like a different spin on stories we've all seen before. For the first time in a decade, it feels like TMNT is doing something completely new. I have no idea where this is going and that's really exciting to me.

(Also Sophie's art is wonderful. This is the best the main series has looked in a long time.)

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 07:42 AM   #24
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Next issues definitly going to be a catfight, that's for sure.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:00 AM   #25
AquaParade
Banned

Great issue. I'm enjoying the pacing of this book way more than I have in years, even if I'm not necessarily sold on the full cast of characters we are playing with. I also have critiques regarding dialogue, but it's an improvement, in my mind.

Thanks to the creative team for their hard work.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:40 AM   #26
Cloudrunner
Foot Soldier

Raph's bitchiness has been turned up to 11 this issue. Still wonder how all the turtles' issues are going to be resolved in the next two issues, if they're all really meant to be together for the concert like the cover of #105 shows.

Maybe Klunk is actually a magic cat and he'll appear before each turtle like a ghost of christmas past. Maybe it's Kitsune in disguise leading them all back into the city. Maybe Donnie and April just happen upon the action since they're apparently right there in the background. Maybe Alopex needs to give Raph a stern talking to / backhand to keep her ho in line. Guess I'll have to wait to find out.
Cloudrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:46 AM   #27
ChosenOne
Banned

As usual, the only negative thing I have to say about each issue is that they seem to end so damn soon. This one even more so.

Saw it coming a mile away that the weasels were kids, I think I even mentioned it in the thread for #102.

I hope Klunk isn't gone for good... (Bonus points: I hope Saki is the one to find and return him to Mikey!)

More than Hob, I bet all the Campbell naysayers felt that punch too. Congrats for the great work, Sophie! This comic just keeps getting better and better.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:10 AM   #28
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Great issue. I'm enjoying the pacing of this book way more than I have in years, even if I'm not necessarily sold on the full cast of characters we are playing with. I also have critiques regarding dialogue, but it's an improvement, in my mind.

Thanks to the creative team for their hard work.
This sums up my thoughts pretty well, honestly. The story is a lot more engaging than it's been in a while, largely due to how well it's paced. But yeah, unfortunately, I can't really get over the dialogue. Luckily, all the other good stuff makes it a lot more bearable.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:25 AM   #29
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Sally's been eating campbell brand spinach from the canned goods the last few months. The question is is old hob a fast draw cause what is he with out a gun? I kinda wanna play the popeye theme song during the fight in the next issue.
Old 02-19-2020, 11:00 AM   #30
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Nice to see Sally with a mane. Makes her look more like a lioness and less like Lady Hob.

I dig Raph's outburst. He's speaking for some of the readers, no doubt, and it will be good to see Jennika be accepted into the clan. Address those reader concerns! Bring in Jennika! Resolve the clan division!

I really don't like seeing Hob sell off mutants into slavery. That seems out of character. When have we ever seen Hob willing to screw over any mutants in the name of other mutants? (Other than Splinter and the Turtles, who of course he has a tremendous amount of beef with.)

I don't buy it, sorry.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:56 PM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord

Old Hob has always been selfish, he basically does things for himself even if he’s saying he does it for mutants everywhere. His character has kinda gone into a rut to be honest because there’s no where his character can go after the mutant bomb. I thought he would eventually warm up to humans but it feels far too late now for that to happen.

Kinda a breather issue until the last scene with Sally/Hob. I also must say Koya (and bludgeon) should have left the Foot altogether or been killed off in issue 100.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:29 PM   #32
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Nice to see Sally with a mane. Makes her look more like a lioness and less like Lady Hob.
Funny how it happened just in time for her to step out from under Hob's shadow, innit?

Quote:
I really don't like seeing Hob sell off mutants into slavery. That seems out of character. When have we ever seen Hob willing to screw over any mutants in the name of other mutants? (Other than Splinter and the Turtles, who of course he has a tremendous amount of beef with.)

I don't buy it, sorry.
I don't think Hob sees it that way. Let's be honest, he has always used other mutants as his foot soldiers. He probably figures those three might as well be literal Foot soldiers in exchange for supplies for Mutant Town, 'cause if he kept them, he would use them in the exact same way but it would mean three more mouths to feed with little to no food on hand. Gotta say I kinda see his point.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:35 PM   #33
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Old Hob HAS always been selfish. And he does things his way.

But he didn't let Seymour sacrifice himself, remember? And he keeps Pete around, useless birdbrain that he is.

He's selfish and narrow-minded and angry, but I don't buy that he'd sell mutants to the Foot.

Gonna need more explanation or context to convince me in the issues to come, because right now, it just seems like taking Hob to full "evil" instead of the antihero he has been.

Even though he did set off a mutagen nuke.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:45 PM   #34
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
He's selfish and narrow-minded and angry, but I don't buy that he'd sell mutants to the Foot.
Exactly. He sold them, in exchange for much-needed supplies. It's the middle of Winter and there are at least dozens, if not hundreds or even thousands, of people in there that need food and other goods. Should he stick to his guns just to keep three more mutants on board, and slowly watch while they all starve and freeze to death including those three? Or take a more pragmatic approach and exchange three "assets" for the prolonged survival of his people? It's not like Hob sold them off to a much different lifestyle than he would provide them anyway. If anything, they'd be better cared for by the Foot than at a ghetto for mutants. They'll still be child soldiers wherever they live, but at least they'll live. It's not nice, it's not pleasant, but it is what it is.
Old 02-19-2020, 02:09 PM   #35
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Exactly. He sold them, in exchange for much-needed supplies. It's the middle of Winter and there are at least dozens, if not hundreds or even thousands, of people in there that need food and other goods. Should he stick to his guns just to keep three more mutants on board, and slowly watch while they all starve and freeze to death including those three? Or take a more pragmatic approach and exchange three "assets" for the prolonged survival of his people? It's not like Hob sold them off to a much different lifestyle than he would provide them anyway. If anything, they'd be better cared for by the Foot than at a ghetto for mutants. They'll still be child soldiers wherever they live, but at least they'll live. It's not nice, it's not pleasant, but it is what it is.
I guess.

But it is refreshing to finally see the Mutanimals crumble. It could never last.
Old 02-19-2020, 02:33 PM   #36
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
But it is refreshing to finally see the Mutanimals crumble. It could never last.
Agreed. That they would split or even break up entirely became painfully clear around the time Slash left.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:07 PM   #37
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Interesting issue to follow up with a preview advertising the Mutanimals miniseries, considering.

So the weasels were indeed kids. They being tiny was a source of speculation the whole time.

Aside from the whole aspect of Hob selling kids, I do wonder what Jennika thinks of the Foot taking on kids. That is, as someone who was homeless and found a home and identity with the Foot.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:39 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

So what is up with that white albino Turtle kid? I mean that is a Turtle, right? So we technically have 6 mutant turtles now.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:59 PM   #39
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I also must say Koya (and bludgeon) should have left the Foot altogether or been killed off in issue 100.
As long as I'm around, Koya and Bludgeon will NEVER die!!!
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 05:11 AM   #40
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

I think one of the most disturbing moments was when one of the little tikes called hob dada. Makes you wonder how many more there are.