The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-10-2014, 05:44 AM   #1
us_sofcskey
Random Punk

Finally!!

Well I'm just now getting around to watching the 2k3 series after all these years.

Right now I just finished watching notes from the underground part 1 this morning.

So half of season 1 down in 2 days...... The show so far is amazing..... I grew up watching the FW cartoon and loved it and bought that whole collection back in 2012 on dvd and still haven't finished it, I think I'm somewhere on the European vacation on season 7.

I can only watch 2 or so eps of the FW cartoon then I get bored and have to do something else, however the 2k3 series I can watch 6 or 7 then I have to make myself take a break.

Overall much better pacing and so far love the 2k3 series.... glad I'm finally sitting down and enjoying it
us_sofcskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:24 AM   #2
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I'm glad that you like it. Yeah, I grew up with the 87 cartoon as well and I can without a doubt say that I enjoy this cartoon more than the OT. It truly is amazing.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:54 AM   #3
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

I saw the old toon when i was a kid, now a lost interest for that show, there is a bit of nostalgia (just for thje first season), but just that. But with the 2K3 series is something different, i really like it. Good t know u enjoy it!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:26 AM   #4
us_sofcskey
Random Punk

still thinks it's weird how they do splinter's origins story though.... 2k3 did it with him being a rat that got mutated.

same as the comics and the movies..... whereas in the fw series he was a human that got mutated into a rat.

Makes you wonder how they decided to make the decision in the nick toon to make him human first considering the fw series was basically one of the few if not the only that had that origin of him being human first.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:04 AM   #5
mrminister4446
Thug

I've watched the 2k3 series twice now. The first time I started at season 3, because when I was a kid, they never aired the seasons after 1 and 2. I only decided to watch it because when I was a kid, this show was amazing, and I was suprised that I had missed soo much. It was truly epic. Now I've watched it again from the start, and I still find it to be as cool as it was when I was little.
mrminister4446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:40 PM   #6
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Yeah the 2k3 series is awesome Much better than the FW and Nick shows. It's really underrated and doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I'll never understand why FW and Nick are more popular than this show
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #7
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist

Cool to hear you're liking it so far!

And hearing you're only on Notes from the Underground so far, I can definitely tell you it's only going to get better.

Spoiler:
*Is totally not referring to The Shredder Strikes Back or some other potential spoiler stuff for you*
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #8
us_sofcskey
Random Punk

Just finished monster hunter episode this morning .... so far the shredder strikes back arc is my favorite so far..... notes from the underground arc was alright and tales for leo was pretty good.

It's funny I was a teenager when this show premiered in 2003 but after watching the first 20 episodes the only ones I had seen before were the first 12.

I guess the turtle titan episode turned me off when I was 14 I guess, because other than the first 12 the only other 2k3 stuff I had seen was turtles forever.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #9
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by us_sofcskey View Post
Just finished monster hunter episode this morning .... so far the shredder strikes back arc is my favorite so far..... notes from the underground arc was alright and tales for leo was pretty good.

It's funny I was a teenager when this show premiered in 2003 but after watching the first 20 episodes the only ones I had seen before were the first 12.

I guess the turtle titan episode turned me off when I was 14 I guess, because other than the first 12 the only other 2k3 stuff I had seen was turtles forever.
Glad you're enjoying the series! Though you shouldn't have watched Turtles Forever - the FINALE of the 2k3 series - before everything else. There are just too my things spoiled for you as it is.

But eh, it's done, just continue enjoying the series in sequence and you'll be fine. Have fun!
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:07 PM   #10
us_sofcskey
Random Punk

I watched turtles forever when it came out on tv in 2009... the 87 toon character crossover got me interested to watch it..... I own it on dvd now too .... but it didn't really ruin much of the series except shredder was an alien that they froze.

But if you lurk around here much its hard not to read that at some point.
Old 12-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #11
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by us_sofcskey View Post
I watched turtles forever when it came out on tv in 2009... the 87 toon character crossover got me interested to watch it..... I own it on dvd now too .... but it didn't really ruin much of the series except shredder was an alien that they froze.
Interesting. So you knew about the Shredder's true identity going into the series. I have to admit, my curiosity is peaked. What opinions, and or questions, have you formed about the character watching the first season with the knowledge that you have?
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:07 PM   #12
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Interesting. So you knew about the Shredder's true identity going into the series.
I did too when I did my first run-through of the series. I was sure I'd hate that but I ended up really liking that twist.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #13
us_sofcskey
Random Punk

It didn't change much for me I think .... The way they introduced shredder as an utrom up to that point I still wasn't sure if maybe he was human working for the utrom or not.

Overall still enjoying the series bout half way through S2 just finished the leather head episode

Last edited by us_sofcskey; 12-15-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Old 12-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #14
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Interesting. So you knew about the Shredder's true identity going into the series. I have to admit, my curiosity is peaked. What opinions, and or questions, have you formed about the character watching the first season with the knowledge that you have?
I knew about Shredder being an Utrom before watching the series. I found out his identity when I played the Battle Nexus game.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #15
Davetello
Banned

Well played, man. I'm so jealous when I hear someone has started watching this for the first time. I wanna wipe my memory of it and Mirage so I can enjoy it without knowing what will happen
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:15 PM   #16
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think I've watched through the entire series around 5 times. Of course I originally followed it when it aired from February 2003 to 2009 when it ended. I saw every episode when it aired for the first time when it was "new" and followed it the entire run.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:19 PM   #17
Davetello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I think I've watched through the entire series around 5 times. Of course I originally followed it when it aired from February 2003 to 2009 when it ended. I saw every episode when it aired for the first time when it was "new" and followed it the entire run.
Well done, that's some commitment and achievement to see them all when they first aired. There must be something special about knowing you're amongst the first people on the planet to see something. I'm not able to do that with American shows as I'm not one of you.

But yeah, I must have seen it through about five times too. Truly spectacular show.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:22 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetello View Post
Well done, that's some commitment and achievement to see them all when they first aired. There must be something special about knowing you're amongst the first people on the planet to see something. I'm not able to do that with American shows as I'm not one of you.

But yeah, I must have seen it through about five times too. Truly spectacular show.
It was also truly exciting at the time because it was the first time Turtles came back. Back then nobody ever expected TMNT to return with a new cartoon show, it was a shock in itself.

The fact that the show started off darker resembling the DC shows like Batman/Superman and Justice League at the time got me really excited too. In fact that's what everyone compared it to when it first came out, the DC animated universe and Gargoyles...I was happy we got a TMNT show that could be compared with them
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:25 PM   #19
Davetello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It was also truly exciting at the time because it was the first time Turtles came back. Back then nobody ever expected TMNT to return with a new cartoon show, it was a shock in itself.

The fact that the show started off darker resembling the DC shows like Batman/Superman and Justice League at the time got me really excited too. In fact that's what everyone compared it to when it first came out, the DC animated universe and Gargoyles...I was happy we got a TMNT show that could be compared with them
Yes, as said before, it first came to my attention in November 03, when it was being shown on Sky TV, I think it was the Cartoon Network or Jetix. I came across "Tales of Leo" and started watching from there, then went back to fill in the previous eps.

Like you say it was mature, in the vein of the likes of JL, Gargoyles etc. Truly wonderful show and the serial storytelling was fantastic. It's a shame that so many people refuse to acknowledge it because they can't see the TMNT as anything other than the FW series they were raised with.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:39 PM   #20
Brooke507
Foot Soldier

I watched season one episode 2 of the 2k3 series last night! I love it!
Brooke507 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4kids