The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 12-08-2018, 07:53 PM   #1
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
fastest way to unlock characters

After 10 minutes of playing, whatever match you were in vs will end in A New Foe Appears screen
Defeat them
After you get back to the stage select screen, open up the Switch menu and close Smash Bros. Software
Open the game up again and start a Smash Match
Quickest rules are Stamina Battle - 10HP
After that match, the new foe screen will appear again
Repeat until you unlock everyone
Thats cheating!!!!!!

Lol I have been doing the spirit quest/campaign and I do agree with other that it is bit hideous at times its something to do and it gives me a chance to practice with different characters.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:47 AM   #2
Icebot
Foot Elite

I just got the game and started playing it. This is my first ever experience playing a Super Smash game so I’ll be practicing.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:55 AM   #3
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Joker from Persona 5 announcement was the best character crossover reveal yet. Still got the chills and unbelievable feelings. People are still feeling surreal.

Well done, Nintendo - you made a milestone in history again.

Persona 5 on Switch next?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 06:27 PM   #4
Allio
Foot Elite

Just got Little MAC in World of Light. With him with Legend Rank 4+zapperfish/victimizers, I have broken adventure mode
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:00 AM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Been playing this. How do I unlock different modes?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:18 PM   #6
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Been playing this. How do I unlock different modes?
All modes are available from the start.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:42 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

I already have all 1,300+ spirits except the ones you need to buy the Let's Go games for. Surprisingly getting them was a lot quicker than I expected and not that time consuming, getting the trophies in the old games took a lot longer.

I played for 15 days straight after I got it, but the online is poor due to Nintendo's crappy online servers, so it's best to be played with CPU's or friends at times. I've already moved on from the game back to PS4 games now, but I'll still return to it once every few weeks or so just for some fun matches.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:40 PM   #8
Allio
Foot Elite

So some datamining has been going on and it seems files for Piranha Plant and Joker are in as well as one titled

Spoiler:
Brave which some are speculating is
Spoiler:
Dragon Quest Hero

The only one that seemed to be getting these characters right so far (along with other gaming leaks) is saying the last three are

Spoiler:
Ryu hayabusa, Doom guy, and Steve
Old 01-05-2019, 09:32 AM   #9
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

The main skin from Minecraft.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:16 AM   #10
Sumac
Banned

Eh, no MK Kharacters?
That's disappointment. Especially since they have brought Akira from Virtua Fighter. On the other hand, no chars from Tekken either.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #11
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't care for Ryu/Joker/Steve at all but I think they're iconic enough to deserve a spot even, a Dragon Quest hero makes my day and I really wanted either Doom Guy or Scorpion to be in the game so if the leak is real I'd be satisfied. The only way I see me getting the DLC though is if they included the 15 missing stages, I actually haven't played the game since the first week that it launched and haven't unlocked most of the roster so I'm in no hurry.

I think I've outgrown Smash since it's the second game in the series in a row that I just don't care to play. I'm sure I'll play it from time to time but it's far from being the franchise that deserves all the hype it gets from me but I'm sure I'll be in for the hype for Smash 6 in a few years

We'll likely get a Nintendo Direct this month so they might reveal another DLC character and confirm/deconfirm the leak. Also those who haven't redeemed the piranha plant DLC code you better do it soon!
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 07:02 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Eh, no MK Kharacters?
That's disappointment. Especially since they have brought Akira from Virtua Fighter. On the other hand, no chars from Tekken either.
You were actually thinking they would include MK characters?
Old 01-05-2019, 07:22 PM   #13
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You were actually thinking they would include MK characters?
MKXI is being released on the switch at the same time as the PS4/XBO version after not having a MK game since Armageddon in what 2006? There were rumors of one of the DLC characters being a western mature game hence people keep saying Doom Guy/Scorpion, both are iconic and would deserve a spot. I mean if Doom Guy is rumored why is scorpion so out there? We've gotten far more bizarre choices like Snake, Cloud, Joker.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:01 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wasn't being snarky I just... wow, that would be even more mind-blowing.
Old 01-20-2020, 01:53 AM   #15
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Dixie Kong was planned to be a playable character in Brawl which may improve her chances of being future DLC here.

But then again, just because a character has been considered before doesn't mean they're gonna come back now (looking at you, Plusle and Minune).
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:40 AM   #16
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Dixie Kong was planned to be a playable character in Brawl which may improve her chances of being future DLC here.

But then again, just because a character has been considered before doesn't mean they're gonna come back now (looking at you, Plusle and Minune).
Does she have a sword?

I would love Earthworm jim!

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:54 AM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

In terms of Nintendo all-stars who are recurring and not yet playable, the only really big ones not in Smash after all this time are Dixie Kong and some form of playable Toad. I guess you can count Waluigi too, but he's only been in spinoff games which is why he feels more minor.

Donkey Kong is the only franchise on the roster who doesn't feel complete. As said, it's absurd DK went all the way through Smash U with only 2 reps, it's one of Nintendo's biggest selling franchises. But Sakurai doesn't care for DK obviously, so that's why it's treated the way it is.

I think some form of Toad/Toadette as male/female alts will probably happen in the next Smash after this one, especially with Captain Toad as its own game, and Nintendo has been putting Toadette in every mainline Mario game lately. Waluigi will probably only happen if fan demand for him reaches Ridley and K. Rool levels.

And besides all that, the lack of a Zelda rep after 20 years is very suspect. But again, who knows. Zelda may never get a new rep, so I've kinda given up here.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:46 PM   #18
sdp
Megan Fox = April

How can they top ultimate, I really hope Smash 6 is totally different and sakurai isn't involved. I think the man has been great for smash but at this point I'd rather see new blood on the game and see sakurai make an awesome game that isn't smash.

The roster itself without sakurai would be a drastic change and that's good. Same if the game feels a bit different. Sakurai's talents are also being wasted with smash in a way. He did great but he's just continuing on doing what's worked so far and I'd rather new stuff from Sakurai and Smash, if not Smash 6 will only be Smash Ultimate without all the fighters. I wouldn't get mad if Sakurai is in smash 6 though despite the two paragraphs I just wrote.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:59 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
How can they top ultimate
I don't think they'll try. Not for a good long while. Any new Smash Bros. game with even 1/4 less the existing roster is going to disappoint.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:50 AM   #20
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
How can they top ultimate, I really hope Smash 6 is totally different and sakurai isn't involved. I think the man has been great for smash but at this point I'd rather see new blood on the game and see sakurai make an awesome game that isn't smash.

The roster itself without sakurai would be a drastic change and that's good. Same if the game feels a bit different. Sakurai's talents are also being wasted with smash in a way. He did great but he's just continuing on doing what's worked so far and I'd rather new stuff from Sakurai and Smash, if not Smash 6 will only be Smash Ultimate without all the fighters. I wouldn't get mad if Sakurai is in smash 6 though despite the two paragraphs I just wrote.
That's why people want their fav characters in this version, it is most likely the only chance they would be in smash with every character from smash history.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote