The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 11-22-2017, 11:09 PM   #9961
sdp
-

My games finally arrived today, sadly the rest of the week is a bit busy as will next week so not much playing will get done until the 14th of december or so.

I love the Switch cases, they're so cute, they're making me fall for physical media again, I never bought a physical game until Star Fox Zero about 2 months ago, same with 3DS, my first physical game for it was Pokemon Sun. I still love digital, I just learned not to do it with Nintendo.

I also realized today that I already have Cave Story for 3DS, I just never played it, oops. I don't regret buying it again since I love the instruction booklet, I'm saddened that Mario/Zelda don't have booklets, they used to be very good about giving full color booklets in all their games, when did that change?

The Explorers Edition of Zelda is definitely worth it if you haven't gotten the game yet, the map is cool and the small book is like a mini Hyrule Historia even if it's mostly about BOTW, I guess you can count it as an appendix.

Barely played any Mario/Zelda so can't comment yet.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:51 AM   #9962
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Explorer's Edition

I already have the game, but the booklet was just calling me. So maybe I can see about giving the game to someone.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 07:26 PM   #9963
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Finally bought Street Fighter V, as it was only $12 on Black Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:52 AM   #9964
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I finished call of duty world war 2 3 days ago and soon i will play Assasins Creed Origins then Ghost recon Wildlands and Nier Automata. These are the 3 last big games of 2017 that i havent play yet. Bought already Assasins creed origins but iam waiting for my new 4 TB SSHD to arrive in the next days to install and start playing.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:00 PM   #9965
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Obtained 246/251 Pokemon in Crystal version, only 5 more to go! Those are Feraligatr, Meganium, Ampharos, Remaroid and Octillery.

I will basically need to train the under-evolved forms of those Pokemon that I have in Pokemon Gold which I am currently playing through, and then trade them over.

I can't wait to complete the Pokedex, but I seriously need to make a backup of my save files at this point, because if something goes wrong, I am horribly screwed.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:58 PM   #9966
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

I started playing Assasins creed Origins yesterday. It is very good. It also has some of the best graphics i have ever seen. On max settings 2560x1440 it looks almost like a movie! I have played all previous assasins creed games too. I recomend it!
Old 12-05-2017, 12:29 AM   #9967
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I've finally done it, after all this time, a dream has become a reality. I've caught all 251 Pokemon and completed the Johto Pokedex.

I'm literally speechless right now and can't describe how good it feels to have finally done it. It was an incredible journey that took me 4 games to complete. Pokemon Red, Yellow, Gold and Crystal.

Not only was it really fun (and very time consuming) to catch em all, but it was also really fun to play through the story and notice the differences between the versions. At times it was really funny, really heartfelt and even frustrating, but in the end it was totally worth it and an amazing experience

This is the list of my Pokemon teams whom helped me complete each game:

Pokemon Red:
1. Charizard
2. Raichu
3. Gyarados
4. Golem
5. Mew
6. Pidgeot

Pokemon Yellow:
1. Pikachu
2. Charizard
3. Venusaur
4. Blastoise
5. Sandslash
6. Primeape

Pokemon Gold:
1. Meganium
2. Feraligatr
3. Noctowl
4. Steelix
5. Ampharos
6. Mew

Pokemon Crystal:
1. Typhlosion
2. Victreebell
3. Golduck
4. Donphan
5. Heracross
6. Fearow
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:10 PM   #9968
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Mega Man amiibo

I figured I'd get the amiibo in preparation for the two Mega Man Legacy Collection games coming out next year. You just never know how scarce these amiibos will end up being in the future. In the mean time though, I can just use it on Breath of the Wild.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:14 PM   #9969
Powder
So tired of this place

The metallic paint on him looks great. I don't do the whole Amiibo thing but some of em sure are sharp.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:18 AM   #9970
CyberCubed
Overlord

Resident Evil 7 "Not a Hero" DLC is FREE for all consoles. Definitely going to start it soon, I didn't buy any of the other DLC because it's too expensive at the moment.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:28 AM   #9971
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Resident Evil 7 "Not a Hero" DLC is FREE for all consoles. Definitely going to start it soon, I didn't buy any of the other DLC because it's too expensive at the moment.
Considering it's a major plot point in the story and how bare bones the game is, I wouldn't call it free. The game was just unfinished.

Anyway, I played some of it and it's really meh. The portion I played overdid it with the fog/poison air. It feels unnecessary and ruins the flow of exploration. I've also just been fighting lots of enemies, so it's not really scary either. Just feels like a bland action game. I also hate how much they ruined Chris. He might as well have been a different guy. I also hear End of Zoe is a disappointing action fest with a thin plot.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:52 AM   #9972
CyberCubed
Overlord

RE7 pre-DLC was the perfect length, it was longer than any of the classic RE games and if it went on longer the gameplay would have gotten a bit stale.

For DLC it doesn't really matter since it's optional, and if it's free, well all the better. As I said, I sure as hell am not paying $29.99 for the season pass....I'll wait a year for some PSN sale when it's $9.99 or less...lol.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:18 AM   #9973
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
RE7 pre-DLC was the perfect length, it was longer than any of the classic RE games and if it went on longer the gameplay would have gotten a bit stale.

For DLC it doesn't really matter since it's optional, and if it's free, well all the better. As I said, I sure as hell am not paying $29.99 for the season pass....I'll wait a year for some PSN sale when it's $9.99 or less...lol.
It is definitely not longer than any of the classic games. Maybe Resident Evil 3, but even that had Mercenaries mode. Resident Evil 1 and 2 each offered 2 unique scenarios, with Resident Evil 2 even having that 4th Survivor mode, which is more than 7 has. Sure, after having beaten the classics once or twice, they do become way shorter games, but that goes for most Resident Evil games, and that includes 7.

Last edited by Turo602; 12-13-2017 at 04:30 PM.
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:34 AM   #9974
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well yeah I was counting a single playthrough. The old games pre-RE4 only took around 6 hours to beat. Only REmake and RE2 make you replay the games as both characters to see everything though. Remember RE0 you have Rebecca/Billy together so there's no branching storyline, same for RE3 that is just Jill, or Code Veronica that is just mainly Claire and then Chris.

In fact only REmake and RE2 made you play the game multiple times to see everything.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:23 AM   #9975
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Well yeah I was counting a single playthrough. The old games pre-RE4 only took around 6 hours to beat. Only REmake and RE2 make you replay the games as both characters to see everything though. Remember RE0 you have Rebecca/Billy together so there's no branching storyline, same for RE3 that is just Jill, or Code Veronica that is just mainly Claire and then Chris.

In fact only REmake and RE2 made you play the game multiple times to see everything.
But my point is, those games all had more content than RE7. Even 4-6 and Rev 1 and 2, which is why I called it bare bones. And it's not just RE7, Capcom in general seems very cheap and money hungry with their games as of late. We all know what Street Fighter V and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite looked like at launch. I even hear Dead Rising 4 is a very lacking game as well.

The enemy variety in RE7 is non-existent and the Baker house is very small and doesn't require much exploration to navigate through. The design becomes much more linear about halfway through, and the tapes only add padding to the game by making you play through sections twice. The only tape that felt utilized properly was the birthday tape. I've even heard that lots of content was cut from the game so that they could rush it out. They even released the first batch of DLC about a week or so after the game launched. The whole game screams economical to me and it shows. I mean, what's there is technically solid, it's still Capcom after all, but the overall game is just disappointing. Though that goes double for me since I'm also greatly let down as a Resident Evil fan by their poor attempt at returning to the series' roots.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:18 AM   #9976
sdp
-

Man, Resident Evil story became such a joke, I was a huge fan of the games and the story up to RE Zero right before 4.

RE4 was a fine game, it just doubled on the crazy, Capcom could never figure out where to take the series after 2. RE3 retreaded old ground, Code Veronica went the crazier route which the other games followed and got ridiculous in 5 and 6. 7 should've been a reboot to get rid of all the baggage the old continuity has.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #9977
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Been playing BOTW for a week now and I think its a good game. So far I like it as much as Horizon Zero Dawn
Old 12-26-2017, 08:40 AM   #9978
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Christmas haul Part 1 (Games):

Nintendo Switch (Neon)
Nintendo Switch Screen Protector

Super Mario Odyssey
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Pokken Tournament DX

Sonic Forces Bonus Edition (Switch)
Super Bomberman R

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
Mario Party: The Top 100
Pokemon Ultra Moon
Metroid: Samus Returns

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Deluxe Edition (PS4)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 Deluxe Edition (PS4)

Deluxe Switch Console Case - Mario Kart Edition
Nintendo Switch Car Charger

Also downloaded Yooka-Laylee and Sonic Mania for Switch.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 12:53 PM   #9979
Prowler
Emperor

Mario Party the top 100? What game is that? Haven't heard of it.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:04 PM   #9980
Ninjinister
無問題

How do people get more in one day than I do all year?

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games