The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-09-2018, 04:26 PM   #601
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Came across this article a couple days ago, which came out prior to the 2014 film, that talks about brands and whatnot favored by TMNT fans vs the general population.

Kind of interesting imo, and seeing that TMNT fans have a +36% above the general population in Jeep ownership kind of tickled me seeing as how I have one. (Okay, technically they based it on likely movie-goers, but I'm sure that skewed in the direction of fans to a decent enough extent.)

The Honey Bunches of Oats made me laugh though, that is some serious love for that cereal. On the flip side, what is with the hate on the ice cream??

Quote:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-...b_5578363.html

More on brands below, but one thing that jumped out was the propensity of TMNT likely watchers to eat at fast casual restaurants like Panera or Noodles & Company. The film-goers are 4 times more likely than non-goers to eat at a fast casual joint at least once a week or more.

So, what does this all mean to advertisers? We looked at hundreds of different brands we track to see which ones were most and least popular with likely TMNT movie-goers, compared to the general population. Below are the top ten brands that over- and under-index in popularity:

These two charts show a consistent theme in the brand affinities of TMNT's likely audience. Casual and fast-casual dining, mid-market apparel and sporting goods, packaged goods, and caffeine drinks are a huge hit with this crowd. Higher-end grocers, big box retail, and cars -- with the notable exception of Jeep -- not so much.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:39 PM   #602
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Came across this article a couple days ago, which came out prior to the 2014 film, that talks about brands and whatnot favored by TMNT fans vs the general population.

Kind of interesting imo, and seeing that TMNT fans have a +36% above the general population in Jeep ownership kind of tickled me seeing as how I have one. (Okay, technically they based it on likely movie-goers, but I'm sure that skewed in the direction of fans to a decent enough extent.)

The Honey Bunches of Oats made me laugh though, that is some serious love for that cereal. On the flip side, what is with the hate on the ice cream??
What the heck? How is this even a thing?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:26 PM   #603
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I don't know! But someone who studies these things must have a fun job.

And I only realized just now that it was even via Huffington Post of all sites. lol

edit: It's surprising, given the forced product placement in these films, esp the first, that PD didn't use the info for the second film.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:06 PM   #604
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Splinter is part Ainu and knows how to make Ainu food
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:50 AM   #605
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Splinter is part Ainu and knows how to make Ainu food
Splinter is a rat, rats can't be part Ainu, because Ainu are people and not rats.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:14 AM   #606
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Splinter is a rat, rats can't be part Ainu, because Ainu are people and not rats.
I mean, there are continuities where he was a human first, obviously.

Personally I think Shredder's clan originated in Okinawa. Years ago when I looked up the name Oroku, I think every since instance of someone with that surname was from Okinawa.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:40 AM   #607
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post

Personally I think Shredder's clan originated in Okinawa. Years ago when I looked up the name Oroku, I think every since instance of someone with that surname was from Okinawa.
I remember the character profiles in the old Mirage website saying both Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki in the FW series were from Osaka. I think that info was on the back of their action figures back then as well. Whether it's canon or not, I dunno.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:04 AM   #608
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post

Oroku Ryōchū? He was from Okinawa, and was exiled and imprisioned for bribery
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:32 PM   #609
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I think that info was on the back of their action figures back then as well.
Yes, it was.

http://www.tmnttoys.com/88figures/5007.htm

http://www.tmnttoys.com/88figures/5006.htm

Archie Splinter, as Hamato Yoshi, also studied at the Osaka University.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:07 PM   #610
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Oroku Ryōchū? He was from Okinawa, and was exiled and imprisioned for bribery
Probably one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I remember the character profiles in the old Mirage website saying both Hamato Yoshi and Oroku Saki in the FW series were from Osaka. I think that info was on the back of their action figures back then as well. Whether it's canon or not, I dunno.
Yeah I know the figures said they were from Ōsaka but I didn't remember the site saying it too. Different incarnations probably came from different places, too. I know Mirage Splinter was from Chihaya.

But I meant like, Saki/Nagi's ancestors were probably from Okinawa/Ryūkyū Kingdom.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:51 AM   #611
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

This is kind of random. It's hard to believe that I first talked about this nearly three years ago. However, the thought recently came back to me after watching the Batman episode Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin. Penguin and his henchmen kidnapped Batman and Robin along with Alfred and put them into bags/sacks. Batgirl was the only one to avoid this method of being captured in the series.

In the classic TMNT series, Leonardo, Raphael and Donatello had this situation happen to them at least once. However, I don't think Michelangelo was ever captured in that method. Not that it's a big deal or anything but I did find that kind of strange. He and Batgirl have something in common that's pretty random.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:18 AM   #612
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
In the classic TMNT series, Leonardo, Raphael and Donatello had this situation happen to them at least once. However, I don't think Michelangelo was ever captured in that method. Not that it's a big deal or anything but I did find that kind of strange. He and Batgirl have something in common that's pretty random.
Wasn't that The Maltese Hamster?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #613
pferreira
Foot Elite

Not sure if this deserves it's own thread by why is there an Commodore Amiga American port and a European port for the 1989 TMNT game? Wasn't one enough?

(By the way I like the Euro version better).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Unpopular Opinion:
I hope Joss Whedon never, EVER works on any TMNT-related property. He would just make it too humor-orientated. He would also try to add in misogynistic/sexist elements that reinforce gender stereotypes.

No. Just ... no. Stay away, Joss.
Unpopular opinion although sometimes the most popular ones are pretty wrong.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 04:40 PM   #614
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Wasn't that The Maltese Hamster?
I just watched the episode and unless I missed something I didn’t see villains putting Michelangelo into a bag/sack. The closet thing that ever happened was Bebop and Rocksteady trapping him in a large pot or urn in Cowabunga Shredhead.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:44 PM   #615
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

How technogically savvy do you think Shredder is and if he is somewhat savvy do you think he texts
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:41 PM   #616
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
How technogically savvy do you think Shredder is and if he is somewhat savvy do you think he texts
I see Shredder as a traditional Japanese man who grew up in the 80's so I don't think he knows much about computers or technology. He likely leaves the tech stuff up to the Foot tech division or his underling depending on incarnation, like Baxter or whoever else. In fact this is why Shredder flat out says he keeps Baxter alive and working for him in most series, because Baxter is the brains and knows all about technology while Shredder doesn't.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:06 PM   #617
sdp
-

OT shredder send pretty competent controlling the technodrome
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:03 PM   #618
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

A lot of the time, he was also pretty competent in using the technology Krang threw at him, usually with only one lecture on how to use it. It was usually extraneous circumstances (thanks to either turtles, Bebop and Rocksteady, or the Special Friend of the Day) that things went wrong.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:39 PM   #619
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

So I searched Turtles on Etsy and stumbled across this gem and laughed hard enough to make my ears burn.

I dunno... it's like he needs help, but is strangely content with the situation. Or maybe he only needed air and tore through the back of the car with a katana to get it.

Perhaps he's just hiding from Bay & Co. upon hearing the words "third film," and trying to escape from NYC before the producers show up.

If that Etsy seller is to be believed, it appears that his brothers are also trying to escape within an apparent fleet of identical cars smuggling giant mutant Turtles to freedom. (Although there appears to be a second, somewhat different looking imposter Mikey among them. The plot thickens.)
Old 07-25-2018, 03:24 AM   #620
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Waiter: What would you like to order, Ms. Mega Muffins?

Me: I would like a raspberry jelly-filled Doughnutello. Along with that, I'll have a nice side of Ravioilael, with a full cup of Macaronangelo and a fresh glass of Lemonardo.

Waiter: Okay ... is that all?

Me: Yes, sir.

Waiter: Hmm, very well. Enjoy your meal.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 11-04-2018 at 04:44 AM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote