The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-28-2018, 03:21 PM   #1
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

Favorite OG Subline

What's up everyone? I don't know if this thread exists or has existed - my apologies if either is the case - but as I'm trying to grow my old school Turtles collection I'm coming across LOTS of Turtles toys and was curious...

What's everyone's favorite subline of the old school Turtle toys? There's SO many : sports, military, music, samurai, wacky, etc. I thought it'd be fun to start up a thread and see what everyone's favorites were and why.

I love the Samurai Turtles figures (from the third movie) and the Shogun Turtles. I'm biased 'cos I really like anything samurai related, but both sets are really great to me. Love the textured skin, the detailed armor, the shiny armor for the Shoguns', and the art/packaging. When I was younger I had all the samurai Turtles, but now only have a Japanese version of Mikey. I only have Shogun Leo currently, but I'm working on filling out both these sets (Turtles only). Some other personal favorites are the Military Turtles and the Metal Mutants, but for me the Samurai and Shoguns are collection grails.

How about y'all?
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:25 PM   #2
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

I am partial to supermutants and the universal turtles
Old 06-29-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Movie Stars, Mutations, and Wacky Wild West.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 10:16 AM   #4
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Shoguns, Universal and Wild West are all great picks!

The troll turtles are fun. Giant or regular size. I like them because they don’t look like a typical action figure. Also they scream 1990s to me.

Also really like the storage shell turtles. It’s great how the shells open. And the expressions!

Lastly, I really like all the various sports themed, Turtle games and Sewer Spitting figures. I group those together on a shelf and they go well together.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:47 AM   #5
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Love the wacky Wild West ones
Wish they could get away w doing those variants in today's world
Old 06-29-2018, 12:44 PM   #6
DVD
Mad Scientist

So many great lines.
I have the Star Trek and the Apollo sets on display just now. That’s because of the Dimension X (space suited) 2012 fugures. All go well together.

Person favorite line though is the Universal Monsters (both series).
The inspired figure in that set was April as the Bride.

I also liked that BB n RS got onto a lot of sets, with my favorite figures of those guys coming in the Warriors of the Forgotten Sewer line.

And of course, the Cave Turtle box sets deserve to be singled out. Those are really cool.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:52 PM   #7
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Can't believe I forgot bout the warriors of forgotten sewer
Amazing

Also need to mention winged warriors
Old 06-29-2018, 04:08 PM   #8
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Funny, as a kid, when all of these sublines started to overtake the line, it killed my interest in the figures. I always liked to collect the different types of mutants and characters, not many versions of the same Turtles. I would have much rather seen a figure of M.A.C.C. or even Zach or a Polarisoid than Sewer Spittin' Turtles. Eventually, there were a few I liked and bought..Star Trek, Movie Star, and Ninja Action.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 05:42 PM   #9
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

I always loved the Rock N' Roll turtles and the first wave of Mutant Military turtles. Classic Rocker Leo and Lieutenant Leo are two of my all-time favorite figures. I also have a soft spot for Warriors of the Forgotten Sewer. The Universal Monsters are pretty neat, too.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:55 PM   #10
nellyp
Stone Warrior

I really love the rock n roll turtles as ones that I had as a kid and have now as an adult.

One that I am interested in getting still but never had as a kid are the sewer Heroes. Mighty Bebop and Rhinoman are ones I always wanted. Donatello’s homage to Batman is also one I have been wanting to get. I do have Super Mike loose without his accessories so it would be good to complete him soon too.
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:14 PM   #11
Vundi
Hench Mutant

I have 3 favorites:

The Universal Monsters line because I love those old monster movies.

Movie Star turtles. Hated them as a kid but I love them now for some reason. Don't really know why. My TMNT collection was packed away for 25 years and when I came across them while unpacking them I just though they were so awesome...even though I remember not liking them back in the day.

The Storage Shell turtles. Mostly because I love the big expressive faces they all have.
Vundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:24 PM   #12
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior

Movie Star Turtles have been my favorite since they first came out in 1992
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:49 AM   #13
ZacksSoUgly
Foot Soldier

I'm loving the answers so far! Thanks everyone! These are always my favorite kinds of threads.

Seeing lots of love for the Movie Star Turtles. Had some (if not all) of them as a kid, but specifically remember my dog chewing a couple of them. I'm trying to recollect them now (have 3/4 Turtles loose). Also quite a few responses for the Rock Star Turtles. I love almost everyone in that set, but Raph (my favorite Turtle) is WEAK. He's "Heavy Metal Raph", but looks more like "Glam Rock Raph" with the zebra pants and yellow boots. Still a pretty killer set, though.
Kevin Eastman Interview

TMNT Collecting Social Media
Instagram : @ZOSOtmnt
ZacksSoUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:02 PM   #14
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Definitely the storage shell turtles, movie stars, and the og turtles.

Runner up has to be the micro/mini mutant turtle playsets.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote