The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-09-2005, 12:17 AM   #161
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwgtrunks
Actually, I think the games are more like $40-$50.
As much as I love DMC I wouldnt even pay 50 bucks for a crappy PSP port of it.....or Viewtiful Joe! I cant wait to get that for DS
Anyone know when prices on these suckers might go down? Or when there might be DS package deals?

Famous Mario DS quotes from my friend*Warning! Pg-13 but still disturbing

GOD Yoshi knows how to ride pole!!

Yeah, f*cking smart, just fall asleep when youre surrounded by lava...I swear Mario's mexican

GODDAMN HOMOSAND AGAIN!! I SWEAR TO GOD IM GONNA KILL ALL THE SAND ONE DAY AND MAKE A HUGE WINDOW OUT OF IT!!

I CAN beat the game now, the minimum you need is 80, but I gotta...ummm...catch 'em a- *gets sued*

How does eating a retard with a propeller on his head make you breathe fire?
spitfire666xXxXx: Because Gonzo the clown is watching you from Hell

Wanna play with my touch-screen, baby?

Dude when you punch things with Wario he goes "PUNCH, PUNCH, YEAH!!"
It's like he wants to like fist you with his...fist

spitfire666xXxXx: Ill show u my Wario-ware

I can imagine Wario having sex-
THRUST! THRUST! PENTETRATE!!

Last edited by Spitfire; 01-09-2005 at 12:40 AM.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 01:05 AM   #162
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
I can imagine Wario having sex-
THRUST! THRUST! PENTETRATE!!
Ugh *vomit*

Oh, and about the PSP game's $39.95 prices......try $49.95 apice. They're insane.

And Gwg, I know Pokemania never died. It just slowed a bit from a somewhat lack of innovation. I was just saying that a MMORPG would be like throwing a can of gas on it, and pouring the liquid fire on Kaz Hakari's office.
Old 01-09-2005, 01:22 AM   #163
Spitfire
Writer • Director

http://elrellano.com/videos/
Check out hte video with all the consoles on it
This just proves that Gamecube rules
Old 01-09-2005, 01:39 AM   #164
Peanut
Second Gear

I actually watched this about 2 days ago on TV. They really should have put games in the Xbox and Gamecube to see if they still worked. Just because they turned on doesn't mean anything.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 03:29 AM   #165
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I don't have much online time due to this phone thing, so I'm assuming that video is "Morgan's Web of Distruction". If so, I saw it two days ago.

by: Matt Saunderson

Contrary to what you may have read, Hiroshi Yamauchi did not tell off Microsoft's Steve Ballmer in a profane manner.

Earlier this week rumors began to surface that former Nintendo president Hiroshi Yamauchi may have told off Microsoft's Steve Ballmer in a profane manner during negotiations where Microsoft was attempting to make a bid to purchase Nintendo.

The reports stem from faked scans of Wired magazine. The scans, which were good enough to trick The Inquirer (who actually reported the story as legitimate news here) are supposedly of an interview with Yamauchi in the February 2005 issue of Wired. You can check out the fakes here.

Nintendo became aware of the interview on Thursday.

In the interview, Yamauchi is portrayed as an anti-American, and even a racist, stereotyping Italians as "hairy" people. Yamauchi attacks Sony (a fellow Japanese company) in the interview for being "corrupted by the Western ethos" and bashed its PSP, comparing it to a certain male body part. Capcom's Shinji Mikami is attacked as well, for being a “double faced [explicative].”

The worst part of the fake interview, however, is when the interviewer, supposedly Wired's Jack Gleason, asks Yamauchi to elaborate on Microsoft's bid to purchase Nintendo. In the interview Yamauchi claims that "the Americans" had contempt for Japanese integrity and values. The kicker is what supposedly happens when Yamauchi sees Steve Ballmer mouth the word "yellow" to his assistant and tells Ballmer to "lick his balls." Apparantly, that was not enough. When the translators tried to translated Yamauchi's words to not insult Ballmer Yamauchi became upset – he intended for Ballmer to be insulted. Yamauchi proceeded to stand up and yell, slowly, in English, "Hey, Ballmer, why don't you suck my tiny yellow balls?"

The educated gamer could obviously tell that this interview was fake. We at the Advanced Media Network knew something was not right when we saw headlines and stories saying "Yamauchi: Ballmer, Suck My Balls", "Yamauchi Tells Off Ballmer", etc. Unfortunately, many gamers believed that this interview was legitimate. To make matters, some gaming websites reported this hoax as true.

Yesterday, Nintendo confirmed that the interview was indeed a hoax. In fact, Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s head of public relations, Yasuhiro Minagawa says that no such negotiations between Yamauchi and Ballmer took place. "Everybody in the industry was talking about that [interview] and laughing about it," Minagawa said.

Strange stuff.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:10 AM   #166
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx
http://elrellano.com/videos/
Check out hte video with all the consoles on it
This just proves that Gamecube rules
That video makes me sad. The poor consoles...
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:55 PM   #167
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Mario 64DS Star count - 149 Stars. Now I just gotta find those day glo rabbits and this suckers mine.

*tears through castle*

CONFIRMED FROM NAMCO OF JAPAN

Soul Caliber I is coming to the DS in an enhanced port.

Hot Damn!
Old 01-09-2005, 06:35 PM   #168
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

I only have like....40 stars. How do I get Wario?

And on the level where you walk on the sun and look into the light, I didn't get the red coins the first time, because I didn't feel like it. Now the light isn't there. How do I get back into the level?

Last edited by jeff the cheff; 01-09-2005 at 07:07 PM.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 07:42 PM   #169
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

just stand on the sun again, and look up. fun times.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:26 PM   #170
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I noticed a glitch in the final Boswer fight. The music keeps jerking around. As you spin him around the music starts to get a little choppy, and when you let go, it drags down to half speed, then drags back up once Boswer is off the screen. It also makes some unnatural static noises when the shock waves from Boswer get close. It just seems to be some little issues though. Nothing that inhibits gameplay. Probobly just got a little rushed through the bug testing to make release in time. No big deal. Just interesting to pick apart.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:44 AM   #171
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Oh, and Jeff... getting Wario took me a while to figure out...

Spoiler:
Using Luigi, go to the second floor, and enter the the door to Snowman's Land. You'll see some Power Flowers on the little pillar things, take one. You should be able to go through the mirror, and you'll find a picture of Wario. Hop into that.

If all else fails, gamefaqs.com has some nifty guides.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:47 PM   #172
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

by: Matt Saunderson

An exclusive agreement with the NFL wasn't enough for EA.

Recently, Electronic Arts, announced an exclusive agreement with the National Football League. Today, the company announced another exclusive agreement with a football league: the Arena Football League (or AFL for short).

As a result of the deal, Electronic Arts will be publishing an AFL videogame on top for the start of the 2006 AFL season. While exact terms of the deal were not disclosed, it was revealed that EA will be able to share in the proceeds from future AFL expansion teams. In addition, EA will be working on media and retail marketing for the AFL beginning with the 2005 season along with other AFL partners like ADT, Spalding, Nike, NBC, and the United States Army.

"Once again, we are partnering with an industry leader who believes in the AFL philosophy and its growth potential. To the extent that EA helps grow the AFL, they participate in that growth through the increased value of future expansion teams. EA is the videogame industry's gold standard. Arguably, nothing is more important to reach the younger male demographic that we are so strong in than video games. For our core fan, this is akin to a network-television agreement," said AFL Commissioner David Baker.

"We believe that the business model the AFL has created will provide for a new football experience for videogame fans, and provide EA with an incentive to partner with the AFL to expand the league. The AFL is a unique brand of football and we intend to deliver a unique football gaming experience from any the industry has seen before. We're pleased to be working with the league during this exciting, growth-period for the AFL," said Electronic Arts Chief Executive Officer and Chairman Larry Probst.

For more about the AFL, you can check out their website. If you have not seen Arena Football yet, it kicks off on NBC on Friday, January 28th

Xbox is in trouble. People thought Gamecube was dead? Hell, it's getting Mario, Zelda, and perhaps Pokemon within 4 months of each other. Could be it's biggest year. Xbox? They had Halo 2. It's over. They'll have Conker, and that's a remake. They'll need to rely on third parties to keep Xbox Live kicking through the year. Who's the biggest? EA. What if EA pulled support on Xbox, and possibly screwed Xbox 2? They could get Microsoft out of the way and have all these new developers to use for their own console. The only way Microsoft could fight back would be to buy more developers, and I highly doubt companies such as Namco, and Konami would sell to what looks like the diying competator if this all happened. Capcom, not sure as they have screwed themselves pretty badly lately.

It's all thought though, but EA knows the industry couldn't support 4 consoles. They'd just have whack out one. Sony's got too many other third partys, Nintendo has learned to live without them before, but Microsoft currently depends on them almost fully, and EA had an ego problem with themover the Live service in the first place. Makes you wonder....
Old 01-10-2005, 08:23 PM   #173
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Man, I'm glad I never bought an X-Box. I played Halo, it was fun, but just not worth the $200 pricetag (launch price, anyway).

I'm getting by with the PS2 and the Gamecube just fine.

An EA system might not be bad, though they'll have to offer up a little more than just sports titles to entice me. As with most systems, I'd probably just wait to see if it builds up a good library before spending my money.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:18 PM   #174
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Keep in mind it's all speculation, but you never know...

I don't want it. They would be a bigass problem. Hell, they might could topple Sony, and the other guys wouldn't have any sports titles because EA basically owns them all. We all know how obsessed the American public is with sweaty football players. This scares me...
Old 01-10-2005, 09:40 PM   #175
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

My brother's been a Madden zombie since 92 or 93, if it was exclusive to that system he'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Still, the likelihood of an EA system is slim. But even if it did happen, since I don't play sports titles, Harry Potter games or Lord of the Rings games, I really wouldn't miss them on my Sony or Nintendo systems.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:08 PM   #176
Peanut
Second Gear

Yeah...um...Xbox isn't going anywhere soon. That's going a bit too far.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:11 PM   #177
Super Moderator

Yeah, Xbox is going to be around for a while. Xbox 2 is already in the works. Unless it's another Dreamcast, don't expect such a fast decline.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:13 PM   #178
Peanut
Second Gear

And believe it or not, but a console doesn't have to be super popular in Japan to survive. Xbox has built up a huge fanbase in North America.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:31 PM   #179
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Yeah, but when the Wonder Swan color outsells your system, you really should put some more effort into it.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:44 PM   #180
Super Moderator

Hey, Wonder Swan owns. I'd buy that if...I had money.

And this'll probably be the only time I'll say this, but...screw Japan. Microsoft is based in the United States. If it doesn't sell well in Japan, who cares. It's working here, and here is what matters. There's plenty of games in Japan that'll never make it here, but I don't really care about those. They don't come here for a reason, and that's good enough for me.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote