The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Finally got a poll going on this one... so, what'd you think?
"Are you an Idiot? Lemme rephrase that... You're an Idiot!" 29 46.03%
"Was that Fair?" No... "Did I Win?" ...I see your point. 26 41.27%
You actually thought someone like me could be friends with a freak like you? Pathetic... 2 3.17%
*Don's golf Clap* 6 9.52%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2012, 05:40 AM   #201
Kevin G
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route77 View Post
Xever is both black and Latino. He's Brazilian.
Hence his Capoeira fighting style and his accent, as voiced by Latino voice actor Christian Lanz.
Awesome, thank you Route77
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #202
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I don't think Xever is boring at all. I think he's awesome so far, and I can't wait to see his showdown with Leo in ep 8. That should make for some interesting development.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #203
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Hence his Capoeira fighting style and his accent, as voiced by Latino voice actor Christian Lanz.
Thanks for telling us, dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I don't think Xever is boring at all. I think he's awesome so far, and I can't wait to see his showdown with Leo in ep 8. That should make for some interesting development.
Same here. I can't wait to see Leo vs. Xever.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #204
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Is this just an educated guess or....?
Old 10-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #205
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefight Doughnuts View Post
Is this just an educated guess or....?
Did you hear his voice?
That was the one thing I didn't like about the episode, it really threw me off.

I thought everything else was great and Mikey for the first time is my favorite turtle.
I'm really loving everything though, even with the inconsistency with April, and Shredder.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:40 AM   #206
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Did you hear his voice?
That was the one thing I didn't like about the episode, it really threw me off.
He didn't say enough for me to catch whether he was Brazilian. He did have a noticeable accent, but I wasn't able to place it.

I mean the guy could be Peruvian for all I know.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #207
CyberCubed
Overlord

Does it really matter what he is? Some people can be mixed.

You want a regular black guy, we have Baxter Stockman next week. I just hope to god we see Bebop eventually...to fill out the remaining black-villain quota.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #208
Teddy
Hench Mutant

I'm enjoying the seperate threads for each episode as they air! I know you guys did this when the 2K3 series came out, but I wasn't around the forum back then and didn't get to enjoy that aspect.

ANYWAY, just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this series and this episode was great! I'm not a huge Mikey fan, but I still enjoyed the other dynamics going on. Awesome fight scenes and the cute little brotherly fluff every once in awhile. It's nice this show can actually get some good laughs out of me here and there, too.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #209
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
He didn't say enough for me to catch whether he was Brazilian. He did have a noticeable accent, but I wasn't able to place it.

I mean the guy could be Peruvian for all I know.
Whatever the place the Accent does not fit the face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

You want a regular black guy, we have Baxter Stockman next week. I just hope to god we see Bebop eventually...to fill out the remaining black-villain quota.
Spoiler:
I guess it doesn't and the voice will more than likely fit his Fishy new form better anyway.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #210
Ninjinister
無問題

My point was, is this new guy that dropped this knowledge on us somehow part of the production team or did he just put 2 and 2 and 2 together and get 6?
Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #211
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
My point was, is this new guy that dropped this knowledge on us somehow part of the production team or did he just put 2 and 2 and 2 together and get 6?
I think the back of the action figures already tell you who mutated into who...

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #212
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher

I thought the episode was pretty good. Nice to see some more of the Foot Clan.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #213
In The Clouds
Thug

BubblyShell, are you excited for episode 8?
In The Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #214
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I think the back of the action figures already tell you who mutated into who...
That has nothing to do with what I said at all.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #215
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
*Dark Underbelly, eh? Does this mean Purple Dragons?
Maybe
Spoiler:

Quote:
I just hope to god we see Bebop eventually...to fill out the remaining black-villain quota.
There's a black-villain quota?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #216
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:

'regular black guy'..'black-villain quota'...in what of a stupid **** world are we living if you were serious about these things!!...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #217
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
Maybe
Spoiler:

There's a black-villain quota?
if you didn't catch that in this weeks episode(new friend, old enemy) in the scene where mike and rad brad are sitting on that roof top eating pizza there is a graffiti masterpiece in the background that says purple and it features a giant purple dragon
i like how there are hints of these groups in the show already...really nicely done!...
people here said there was a casey jones tag n the first episode in the alley somewhere but I haven't seen that so far..only an image that captured a casey jones tag in the motion comic,but in the show I couldn't see caseys sin anywhere..
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #218
shinefra
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
the cute little brotherly fluff every once in awhile. It's nice this show can actually get some good laughs out of me here and there, too.
Like they said before the turtles act more like teens but also they act a little bit more human.

Raph an Leo have their issues but still they are brothers and get along some times.
shinefra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #219
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

I missed the fitst eight minutes of this episode. I came in when the boys were in the lair chilling eating pizza, with April, right before she tells Mikey about facebook. So I missed the first confrontation with the foot and the sequence with Mikey and the cat.

I'll admit that I was also kind of "huh" when I saw April just chilling in the lair like that. It made me think that I had missed her introduction of the lair and Splinter in the earlier part of the episode. I agree with other people on here that she should be more fleshed out more and shown her getting to know the turtles and splinter before just throwing her in the lair chilling with them.

I'm still on the fence on how I feel about this Mikey. He's not rude and cocky like 2k3 Mikey was but I'm not sure how I feel about "niavity" and ADD tendacies. I know I shouldn't expect less, however I'm kind of tired of this potrayal of Mikey. I feel the writers (in general not just here) have gotten in to the habit of making weird and quirky just for the sake of it, and it comes off a little forced. Like him noming down on the magazine. I know some probably think it was cute, and I won't say I didin't that find kind of cute,but it seemed like it was done just for the sake of making Mikey look weird and "out there." He is a sweetie though, even though I think it makes him seem a little bit vulnerable. I'm still not entirely convinced he isn't just "dumb" instead of just unfocused. That has got to be the most tired excuse for Mikey's lack of intelligence in recent iterations.

I did eat up the brotherly fluff moments, like Leo touching Mike's head when they first found him. I noticed Raph did the same thing when he aprouched Mikey right before he sat down and gave him his pet talk. Which was really sweet of Raph. I starting to really like this Raph. He is cute in and even mature his own way.

also, any one else find it odd that everyone was just ok, with Mikey meeting a human and having him as a friend? In the past that has always been a taboo. I was also surpriced Splinter wanted to have the turtles reason the guy from turtle temper to get the phone back (more face to face interaction, meaning more personal exposure to this guy) instead of just stealing the phone and erasing the clip of them, Like I would expect a ninja to do. From the shadows?

In this episode no one tried to stop Mikey from having a human friend and exposing himself to him. Any one else think that was odd?

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series

Last edited by Sage Ninja; 10-15-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #220
shinefra
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post

also, any one else find it odd that everyone was just ok, with Mikey meeting a human and having him as a friend? In the past that has always been a taboo. I was also surpriced Splinter wanted to have the turtles reason the guy from turtle temper to get the phone back (more face to face interaction, meaning more personal exposure to this guy) instead of just stealing the phone and erasing the clip of them, Like I would expect a ninja to do. From the shadows?

In this episode no one tried to stop Mikey from having a human friend and exposing himself to him. Any one else think that was odd?
It's funny how in Turtles forever they made fun of the 80s Turtles for going out in bright day light and these turtles don't give a crap about exposing them self’s. I too thought it was stupid to beg for the cell phone instead of just taking it using stealth.
shinefra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, episode discussion, nick