The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #221
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Pretty sure that goes for most of us here by now. And who doesn't have cartoon-related fantasies on occasion? If Goliath really existed, I'm pretty sure I'd be in love like Eliza was. Then again, my hubby and I have our "fantasy date" lists of all sorts of fictional characters, so..... It's a fun hypothetical game we play of "would you date" certain caracters- Some of the choices we've come up with are both odd and really funny, lol!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #222
CyberCubed
Overlord

Eliza was probably the most feminist written female lead I've ever seen. She was a great role model, and its funny because she was still designed to be attractive and had huge boobs (watch the episode where she wears Belle's dress and dances with Goliath, her boobs are huge), but she was so well-written, smart and intelligent.

I think any female fan would think she's one of the best portrayed female leads in animation.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #223
JakeSully
Banned

Elisa was a hottie as was Fox and Maggie was quite cute too.

Did anyone noticed how this show was done by some of the guys who did Batman TAS/Spawn?
JakeSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #224
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Good show, I like to catch the reruns on Disney XD on weekends. Wish this show was on Netflix

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #225
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I saw the show like 2 years ago and while I think it's a good show I think it's highly overrated. I also think S3 isn't htat bad, it did some things wrong but overall most episodes aren't the wort in the series, they're just rather average. It also has a few good ideas and I like the S3 finale more than the S2 one; it gives more closure at least.

Yes I know there's comics but those only came out recently and whatever but I'm judging the series as the show.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #226
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

Yes I know there's comics but those only came out recently and whatever but I'm judging the series as the show.
The comics got canceled very quickly. I think they only went on for 1 year.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:46 AM   #227
Pterobat
Hench Mutant

The comics were cancelled because Disney upped the licensing fee, and the small comics company couldn't pay the fees.

But I'd recommend that everybody read those comics. They're great. Continuing to develop the characters and world, with a lot of elements that Greg Weisman had had planned for years.

Just don't judge them based on the art. Their choice of main artist was...unfortunate, and he had trouble meeting deadlines. There's some nice guest art near the end, though.

http://pterobat.tumblr.com
Pterobat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #228
CyberCubed
Overlord

Did they even have time to do any extra stories? From the sounds of things they only did like 3-4 stories before it was canceled. Especially since the first two issues were just an adaption of the first Season 3 episode.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #229
Pterobat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Did they even have time to do any extra stories? From the sounds of things they only did like 3-4 stories before it was canceled. Especially since the first two issues were just an adaption of the first Season 3 episode.
Well, the main series lasted twelve issues, plus a six-issue spinoff "Bad Guys".

So I'm not sure what stories you mean. The main series covered a brief falling out between Elisa and Goliath / a Halloween special, an arc about the retrieval of the Stone of Destiny, the beginning and end of Brooklyn's time travel.

"The Journey" was adapted because it was the only episode of The Goliath Chronicles that Greg Weisman (the series co-creator and writer of the comic) had worked on. It provided a clean break with TGC, which are considered non-canon anyway. The rest of the comic was not, emphatically NOT, adaptations of TGC but all-new content.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #230
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I remember this show! it was awesome, Ill have to give it a rewatch

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #231
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterobat View Post
The comics were cancelled because Disney upped the licensing fee, and the small comics company couldn't pay the fees.

But I'd recommend that everybody read those comics. They're great. Continuing to develop the characters and world, with a lot of elements that Greg Weisman had had planned for years.

Just don't judge them based on the art. Their choice of main artist was...unfortunate, and he had trouble meeting deadlines. There's some nice guest art near the end, though.
I own the two TPBs of the ongoing series, and I certainly do appreciate them giving us Weisman's take on Season 3, but he really did try to cram so much of his long-term ideas into the last couple of issues. The ending is pretty jarring given how much the status quo changed off-panel.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #232
Pterobat
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I own the two TPBs of the ongoing series, and I certainly do appreciate them giving us Weisman's take on Season 3, but he really did try to cram so much of his long-term ideas into the last couple of issues. The ending is pretty jarring given how much the status quo changed off-panel.
The only thing that doesn't work for me is Coldfire and Coldstone deciding to rejoin the clan even though they had vowed not to until Coldsteel was defeated. It didn't seem like they were given a solid reason to do so, except to faciliate the "huge new clan" ending.

The whole time-travelling Brooklyn thing fit in fine: the comic hadn't done anything with him in a while, and, hey, new gargoyles!

Old 11-16-2015, 11:00 AM   #233
Vicky82
Emperor

I'm so happy, there was a Gargoyles sketch on Robot Chicken yesterday.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:21 PM   #234
TLP
Hench Mutant

Are you telling me that Slave Labor Graphics is too lazy to reprint those Gargoyles comic continuations from a decade ago? NOBODY has that kind of money.

Amazon...I'm ashamed of you for allowing that scam artist to rip people off of their hard-earned money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I'm so happy, there was a Gargoyles sketch on Robot Chicken yesterday.
Oooooo, I'm going to have to check that out!

Last edited by TLP; 11-16-2015 at 04:46 PM.
TLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 05:52 AM   #235
Vicky82
Emperor

Gargoyles will be on the Disney + streaming service.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/...n-disney-plus/

Here's the cover art

Now I just need to wait for the UK release date for Disney+

Old 09-14-2019, 11:52 AM   #236
CyberCubed
Overlord

The final season too?
Old 09-14-2019, 12:11 PM   #237
IMJ
Emperor

I am glad this thread popped up. I didn't care about Gargoyles back in the day, but I've had cause recently to become curious about the line and the series.

As some of you know I've been sorting accessories like a madman for a while now. I've been pulling the occasional Gargoyle's spear or armor accessory and it's made me curious about the line. I was surprised how much those things sell for on eBay. I'm not saying that they are super valuable, but at first I thought "this would be another cool line to collect at a couple bucks per figure".

But they are definitely not a couple bucks per figure. I even tried my luck at a few of the aftermarket toy shops in the area - looking through their "crap figure tubs" (you guys know what I'm talking about - those $1 per figure tubs of toys that are missing every accessory). Nothing.

It's not a line I'm going to pursue like crazy, but if I see them affordably priced I'll pick them up for sure!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:57 PM   #238
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I see people get all excited for these shows coming to OMG Disney XD, all shows i've seen rotted in youtube for over a decade and no one cared to watch them and the nostalgic casuals saying they're so excited won't even watch them like they didn't when you could see them for free.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:21 AM   #239
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Good news would be them releasing the show on Blu Ray or at least finishing it on DVD.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #240
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgon78 View Post
Good news would be them releasing the show on Blu Ray or at least finishing it on DVD.
Season 1 and all of season 2 are on DVD in the US. Don't know about season 3 though but I don't think anyone would buy it anyway because it was so **** and non canon (except for the 1st episode).