The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Buying/Selling/Trading

Notices

Old 07-29-2019, 06:16 AM   #1
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Capture of Splinter set

for those who have messaged me i have posted pics of the 2nd set i have available. please look at the pics, this is the one you will get
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190729_075603.jpg (96.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190729_075617.jpg (91.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190729_075632.jpg (93.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190729_075746.jpg (89.1 KB, 12 views)
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 06:17 AM   #2
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

could only load 4 pics in OP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190729_075706.jpg (90.6 KB, 26 views)
Old 07-29-2019, 03:30 PM   #3
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
could only load 4 pics in OP
Hello i want to buy it please see the post from yeasterday or pm
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:52 AM   #4
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

SOLD i apologize if i didnt respond or never got back. i had a rush of messages
Old 07-30-2019, 07:19 AM   #5
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
SOLD i apologize if i didnt respond or never got back. i had a rush of messages
A littel bad whene others was first In line but missed out because you did not respond to them
Old 07-30-2019, 08:53 AM   #6
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Purple Dragon View Post
A littel bad whene others was first In line but missed out because you did not respond to them
i made sure to check the message times and the set was sold in accordance of time received. some backed out so i went to the next in line. i was still flooded but i was fair. you replied to my post in the thread you didnt PM me until yesterday. i only had one set and wanted to help a fellow member out. sorry i dont check the threads everyday, when i get a PM i also receive an email notification
Old 07-30-2019, 09:29 AM   #7
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
i made sure to check the message times and the set was sold in accordance of time received. some backed out so i went to the next in line. i was still flooded but i was fair. you replied to my post in the thread you didnt PM me until yesterday. i only had one set and wanted to help a fellow member out. sorry i dont check the threads everyday, when i get a PM i also receive an email notification
I am sorry i diden know you only took orders on pm.but i think you shoued have wrote it on the post that you dont check the post and only take offers on pm because then i woued not have waited long over 24 houers before sending you a pm.well i trided to Get i contact but you never replied either way but you got time to make this thread and post In the thread you first did offer the set long time afther i did pm you but i guess i am not one off the fellow members you wanted to help and thats fine if you only did bother to replie to me.either way thank you fore finally give me a replie.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:44 AM   #8
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Is the problem here that you only want to pay retail plus actual shipping? There are still plenty of sets out there.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:16 AM   #9
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Purple Dragon View Post
I am sorry i diden know you only took orders on pm.but i think you shoued have wrote it on the post that you dont check the post and only take offers on pm because then i woued not have waited long over 24 houers before sending you a pm.well i trided to Get i contact but you never replied either way but you got time to make this thread and post In the thread you first did offer the set long time afther i did pm you but i guess i am not one off the fellow members you wanted to help and thats fine if you only did bother to replie to me.either way thank you fore finally give me a replie.
i never said i was taking offers by PM because i wasnt literally minutes after i posted in the thread my inbox blew up. as i said i dont check the threads all the time, why you chose to reply in the thread IDK but by the time you PMd me there were several members ahead of you (you know the saying "early bird gets the worm") and they had first shot at it. i only posted this thread to show those potential buyers the set they were buying as part of the deals being made. you make it seem like i ignored you and posted this thread to sell to someone in the US which is not the case i would have helped you all the same had you taken the protocols other members did. im sorry you feel you were wronged but i feel i was fair. the set sold pretty quick and i actually took a loss because shipping was more then quoted so after all this im probably pulling out of the BST part of this hobby
Old 07-31-2019, 10:28 AM   #10
Will not be censored

You didn't take a loss on shipping. Your second set was free.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 07-31-2019, 03:31 PM   #11
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Is the problem here that you only want to pay retail plus actual shipping? There are still plenty of sets out there.
Since i Get hit hard with customs fees the lower price i pay fore the item the lower i have to pay In custom fees but that not my problem.my problem is was first In line but since i did replie first on the post he did offer the set instead off pm i got pushed back In line and missed out.ok perhaps i shoued just send him a pm first but i have seen a lot off people say they want to buy on a post here before and got it because the seller did bother to check the timeline on both places and not just one place.

Last edited by The Purple Dragon; 07-31-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:24 PM   #12
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
You didn't take a loss on shipping. Your second set was free.
if i have a set price in mind that i do not get then i took a loss i was trying to sell the set for cost (125.00) plus shipping. the shipping cost ate into the 125.00, the set being sent to me by mistake is what allowed me to make that decision, but doesnt mean i cant take a loss
Old 08-09-2019, 11:42 AM   #13
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

Quote:
if i have a set price in mind that i do not get then i took a loss i was trying to sell the set for cost (125.00) plus shipping. the shipping cost ate into the 125.00, the set being sent to me by mistake is what allowed me to make that decision, but doesnt mean i cant take a loss
I'm pretty sure this has never happened before, but based on the math, I have to agree with that Latin Kings guy.

"Taking a loss" is a very specific term that means you're selling something for less than you paid for it.

Given that you paid $0 for it, as long as the price + shipping you received exceeded the shipping cost you paid to send it out, you came out ahead. As an example, if you gave it away for free and the buyer only had to cover shipping, you'd have been completely even (ignoring any Paypal fees and the like). In this extreme example, you STILL wouldn't have taken a loss.

Maybe you didn't get out of it what you expected/wanted...that may well have happened; but you most certainly didn't take a loss on it.

But don't let it get you down. It's like a bank error in your favor in Monopoly. Take the money and do something fun with it.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:34 AM   #14
Will not be censored

Quote:
You're an idiot. You don't understand simple math. End of story.
Quote:

Old 08-15-2019, 01:55 PM   #15
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant

That was uncalled for.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:32 AM   #16
papa_smurf73
Stone Warrior

Yah. Sounds like a lot of sour grapes. It's better to light a candle than curse the darkness folks.
papa_smurf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 05:41 PM   #17
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Latin is just salty it didn't happen to him, could have charged $500 for the set.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:51 PM   #18
Dragnskull
Stone Warrior

Quote:
if i have a set price in mind that i do not get then i took a loss
lol? that's not what taking a loss is

Quote:
i was trying to sell the set for cost (125.00) plus shipping. the shipping cost ate into the 125.00, the set being sent to me by mistake is what allowed me to make that decision, but doesnt mean i cant take a loss
Yes it 100%, absolutely does. If you made a single penny off that set, being that it was obtained for free, you made a profit.

Following your logic: I'm going to reach into my pocket and pull out 1000 dollars.

*reaches into pocket, pulls out empty pocket*

WTF I WAS SUPPOSED TO MAGICALLY PULL OUT 1000 DOLLARS CRAP I TOOK A LOSS THIS IS BS IM GETTING OUT OF THE MAGIC MONEY POCKET GAME THIS IS NOT WORTH IT.

See? Doesn't work that way.
Dragnskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 08:38 AM   #19
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

I was trying to sell the set to fund another purchase. Allowed the set to be sold for what it was. I helped another member obtain the set without funding a scalper cough..Latinkings.. Nobody but me has any business in my finances let alone advise me on my math. If you all wanna crucify me for that, then that's why I don't sell to often

You guys make it seem like I'm complaining when I'm not, I just stated I had a price in mind which shipping cost took away from that. But I helped someone out and I was okay with that

Sorry LatinKings didnt get a chance to gouge someone

Last edited by go_ninja84; 08-17-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:19 AM   #20
Will not be censored

To be clear-- with the exception of the two sets my next door neighbor ordered me from NECA, all the sets I bought and parted out cost me $200 to $220 each on eBay. Most individual figures sold for $60 to $80 shipped on average. After shipping and eBay fees I didn't make much. My goal in this was to get as many axes for one of my racks as I could. People wanting extra Foot Soldiers were extremely appreciative of what I did as were people overseas who wanted just Splinter or Shredder. I don't have to justify myself to anyone here. I didn't gouge anyone considering how expensive eBay fees and shipping are.

You're being advised on your math because math is objective/black and white. It isn't open to interpretation like poetry or painting. We're criticizing a complete lack of logic. I would have parted that set out for maximum value. You hocked it so fast you had someone overseas practically begging for it (who may have paid more than the person who bought it) so if you "took a loss" in your own uneducated opinion it is your own fault anyway.
Quote: