The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which version of April do you think is the hottest?
Mirage 4 1.56%
Reporter / old cartoon 116 45.31%
The first movie 31 12.11%
The second and third movie 17 6.64%
Archie 9 3.52%
New cartoon 79 30.86%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #61
Mr. Stay Puft
Stone Warrior

Wow. I never thought this thread would last this long. In fact, it's been so long that I completely forgot that I was the one who originally posted it.

And there came a day. A day unlike any other, when Earth’s mightiest heroes found themselves united against a common threat, to fight the foes no single superhero could withstand. On that day, the Avengers were born.

R.I.P Chi Cheng and Jeff Hanneman
Old 02-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #62
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist

I mentioned April's jumpsuit making sense in that her going through the sewers in a skirt and high heels would probably not be a good idea. Well I'm watching the Ninja Turtles movie again and noticed this time that she's going through the sewers with the turtles...in a skirt and high heels. I guess she couldn't find a pair of sneakers or something at least at the farmhouse?
Old 06-02-2008, 02:13 AM   #63
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

even though I find April in the current toon very pretty and attractive, I don't think she has that hotness factor to her. She looks to sweet and innocent to be considered hot, she is just pretty, and a gentle personality.

But I have to say despite her out dated hair and clothes, I think April from the 80's toon is hot. The still pictures that I've of her doesn't do her justice at all. She is not just pretty and attractive she has that sex appeal with the skin tight jump suit (who some how pulls off wearing) that seems to show off the her butt, and her big bust. And she has a personalty to match. April can be nice but she isn't the lovable sweatie that 2k3 April is. She a spit fire that cops an attitude and makes biting remarks. The typical spunky red head. April from the new toon is the gal you want to bring home to mother and settle down with. April from the 80's toon is the kind you fantasis about and have a steamy romance with.
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Old 06-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #64
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Ah the age old question on the age old thread. Well, after catching the original movie on abc family last night, I'll have to re-cast my vote for judith hoag.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:10 AM   #65
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
even though I find April in the current toon very pretty and attractive, I don't think she has that hotness factor to her. She looks to sweet and innocent to be considered hot, she is just pretty, and a gentle personality.

But I have to say despite her out dated hair and clothes, I think April from the 80's toon is hot. The still pictures that I've of her doesn't do her justice at all. She is not just pretty and attractive she has that sex appeal with the skin tight jump suit (who some how pulls off wearing) that seems to show off the her butt, and her big bust. And she has a personalty to match. April can be nice but she isn't the lovable sweatie that 2k3 April is. She a spit fire that cops an attitude and makes biting remarks. The typical spunky red head. April from the new toon is the gal you want to bring home to mother and settle down with. April from the 80's toon is the kind you fantasis about and have a steamy romance with.
to be honest I really hated the yellow bannana suit that April wore all the time. I wish she had a wider vareity of clothes. At least April in the new toon has diffrent outfits that the purple belly shirt and brown baggy pants.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Old 06-05-2008, 09:45 PM   #66
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
Well, after catching the original movie on abc family last night, I'll have to re-cast my vote for judith hoag.
Sweet! I was beginning to think that I was alone in thinking that she was prettier than Ms. Turco...

Old 06-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #67
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Hmmm....it's a tough call.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Old 06-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #68
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I watched TMNT I last night...eh, if you put Hoag's cute little head on Turco's body...well, that would be amazing. Hoag is/was rather cute in a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:00 AM   #69
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
to be honest I really hated the yellow bannana suit that April wore all the time. I wish she had a wider vareity of clothes. At least April in the new toon has diffrent outfits that the purple belly shirt and brown baggy pants.
I think 80's April pulls it off, she looks pretty good in the yellow jump suit. Although I agree I wish I could see her in other clothes. Does 80's April wear other outfits other than the yellow one?
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Old 06-06-2008, 12:55 PM   #70
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

As the series goes on, she does have a few more outfits, plus there's the notable episode "April Fool" when she thought she was a princess.

Quote:
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:45 AM   #71
wyze2099
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I think 80's April pulls it off, she looks pretty good in the yellow jump suit. Although I agree I wish I could see her in other clothes. Does 80's April wear other outfits other than the yellow one?
There was an episode called "New York's Shiniest" that introduced the robot cop REX-1. April was seen wearing a really classy purple outfit that I think involved high heels and a skirt. I can't recall in detail, but I remember wishing she'd wear that more often.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:40 AM   #72
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Actually the outfit was a pink dress with purple blazer and high heels, and she looked nice in it. To bad she wear it to often. It wasn't very often but she sport other clothes in the show. Mostly customs like a princess outfit and a 18th century noble Ladies dress. And in red sky her standard outfit was changed from the yellow jump suit to a brown leather jacket, blue top and mustard yellow slacks. Although she didn't look that great in them at all.

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Old 06-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #73
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior

Quote:
And in red sky her standard outfit was changed from the yellow jump suit to a brown leather jacket, blue top and mustard yellow slacks. Although she didn't look that great in them at all.
that sounds kinda butch. Did she really bad in them? Can I see a picture of her in them please?
-Leo656

--------

Old 06-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #74
Revan
Han Shot First

Quote:
that sounds kinda butch. Did she really bad in them? Can I see a picture of her in them please?

Old 06-11-2008, 06:24 PM   #75
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Geez, it's like forgot how to draw her. Her hair only looks right in that close up shot.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #76
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post

I think in the first pic vs. the second pic is just the diffrence of season eight and season 9 or 10. In the first season they changed April's outfit and gave her greenish blue eyes but they kept her hair in the same teased 80's hair style. In the the cloe up pic of her hair I think they where trying to update her hair style to the mid 90's like her outfit and made her hair look more relaxed and straighter. Although They could have done with more detail.

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Old 06-15-2008, 07:47 AM   #77
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
I remember Archie April had more of a variety of outfits than the cartoon version did too, although I still think she went back to the yellow jumpsuit a few times.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #78
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior

I think April in the old toon is hands down the more pretty and hot than all the other April's. Second place would be new toon April because not only is she pretty she has the personality to match. April in the old toon was a mature adult with a great body with actual curves before the rise of anarexic skinny ass girls brcame popular in media.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:50 PM   #79
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post
April in the old toon was a mature adult with a great body with actual curves before the rise of anarexic skinny ass girls brcame popular in media.
PERFECT!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #80
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by NameGoesHere1066 View Post
I think April in the old toon is hands down the more pretty and hot than all the other April's. Second place would be new toon April because not only is she pretty she has the personality to match. April in the old toon was a mature adult with a great body with actual curves before the rise of anarexic skinny ass girls brcame popular in media.

I couldn't have said it better. I don't understand what's supposed to be so attractive about Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie,etc. A woman is supposed to look DIFFERENT from a guy as far as not looking like a twelve year old with tennis balls in their shirt...I'm not saying that all slender women are ugly, I'm just saying that curves are what make them so attractive and physically appealing in the first place.

Look at all those classical artists, Peter Paul Rubens, Charles Dana Gibson, and so forth. As artists, they understood how life's natural, God-given drives and needs translate aesthetically into an expression of universal beauty. From my personal study, I think that fullness of hip and breast translates into a metaphor for good health and fertility...those things that we often look for in a mate without even realizing it...

(An overcompensating answer, I know, but the previous posts just got me thinking.)

Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread

Tags
a day inside may, april o'neil, zombie thread