The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 11-06-2007, 05:57 AM   #2081
Toonami Tom
Banned

Lately I have been pretty much addicted to Gears of War online multiplayer. I will probably focus on Halo 3 online and Heavenly Sword again this week.
Toonami Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #2082
Peanut
Second Gear

I just beat The Simpson's Game tonight. Really short, controls and mechanics aren't terrific, but the amount of videogame in-jokes makes the game an ABSOLUTE must-play to anyone who calls themselves a gamer. It's not short of hilarious.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:35 PM   #2083
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

As soon as I have something to play it on (again), I'll get right on it.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:07 PM   #2084
Toonami Tom
Banned

Today I bought XBox Platinum Hits: Star Wars Republic Commando. It's a fun game and it was only $20. Also, it is backwards compatible for XBox 360.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #2085
Peanut
Second Gear

Yeah, Republic Commando is awesome. I actually think I reviewed it here back when it came out.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:15 PM   #2086
Toonami Tom
Banned

Yeah, I just wish there were more people playing it on XBox Live.

I encountered a couple super battle droids in single player mode, cool stuff. I wonder what else is waiting for me further in the game.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:23 PM   #2087
Spitfire
Writer • Director

I was in an odd mood the other day so I went into a Gamestop and they had some 9.99 deals going on so I checked out what they had.

I walked out with a game for every system funny enough. I got "Soul Caliber 2" for my 360, my roommate wanted it and I can see why cause she kicked my ass when we played. Fun game all in all, I know I'm late though on that party wagon. It is neat to see that the game is presented in 720 HD. You don't see many old games presented in HD.

I also got "Turtles 3: Mutant Nightmare" for Gamecube. I know it's probably going to suck but I never played it and for 10 bucks I won't argue. Plus the animation bits were cool in the 2nd game.

And lastly I got "Legacy Of Kain: Defiance" for the PS2. Which I wanted to get all three for my 360 but Mutant Nightmare they only had for GC and this one I had to get for PS2 because the backwards compatibility doesn't work on it.

I actually got to play LOK a little. I had rented it back when it came out and being a fan of the story I wanted to pick it up to see how it ends. The gameplay is uhh different but I can suffer through it to see the story.

About 30 bucks, not to bad for some old games that all have their manuals*I'm rather anal about complete items* Something funny I noticed was there were a lot of "Kingdom Hearts" and "Halo"s sitting around. It made me laugh cause at CD stores you see alot of bad CDs sitting around in the used section but it seems at game stores it's the opposite and the bad games are harder to find and there's tons of good ones laying around.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:41 PM   #2088
Peanut
Second Gear

People dump everything when it comes to games. I've noticed it's mostly because crappy games aren't worth anything. If someone is trading games, it's usually because they don't have the money to toss away on a new game, and you're not going to get anything for your copy of Ford Trucks Racing 2, so you've got to resort to, regrettably, getting rid of the good stuff.

I had to do it when my 360 broke. I unfortunately got caught with several bills to pay and some other things I needed to acquire later in the week, so I couldn't afford to just drop $500 on an Elite. It was either wait over a week to play Halo 3, (a wait that would have reached upwards of a month. As I just recently got my old 360 replaced by Futureshop) or trade in a bunch of games in order to be able to afford one.

My library took a mighty hit that day, my friends. Mighty indeed. Hits including games like Kingdom Hearts, God of War II, my entire PS3 collection (minus Heavenly Sword) and a good deal of my 360 collection. A sad, sad day. F*ck me....God.

Last edited by Peanut; 11-07-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:44 PM   #2089
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
People dump everything when it comes to games. I've noticed it's mostly because crappy games aren't worth anything. If someone is trading games, it's usually because they don't have the money to toss away on a new game, and you're not going to get anything for your copy of Ford Trucks Racing 2, so you've got to resort to, regrettably, getting rid of the good stuff.
That makes sense, though ironically it sort of makes bad games harder to find and thus in a sense makes their value go up. That's solely from a collectors point of view though, and there's always someone out there who will like Ford Truck Racing alot.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:54 AM   #2090
Peanut
Second Gear

Call of Duty 4.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:43 PM   #2091
JameO
Mad Scientist

Tell me how you like that, I have been wanting to get it after playing the demo, its a great looking game and really fun, but screw modern warfare. But either way everyoneeee on my list has it and is playing it, so I am in need of getting this asap!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #2092
Toonami Tom
Banned

I would also like to know how you like Call of Duty 4, Peanut. I'm glad this game is modern warfare, it's about time that they leave those virtual Nazi bastards totally dead and move on to kicking someone else's virtual ass.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:20 PM   #2093
Toonami Tom
Banned

I'm tired of everything Simpsons, but who knows, I might get it later on.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:03 PM   #2094
Peanut
Second Gear

It's really great so far. Can't speak for the multi-player, as like the previous 2 CoD games, I'll probably never play it. But I play for single-player anyways, and that's top notch.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #2095
Zog the Equalizer
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercleese View Post
Today I bought XBox Platinum Hits: Star Wars Republic Commando. It's a fun game and it was only $20. Also, it is backwards compatible for XBox 360.
Republic Commando is really great! If you liked the games you should read the books. Also I just bought Guitar Hero 3.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #2096
Toonami Tom
Banned

Oh cool, I didn't know there were Republic Commando books. I wonder if there will be a Republic Commando 2 game. That would be sweet! I like your sig.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #2097
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

2 of my roomates have COD4 and the multiplayer looks pretty cool. I play a match and its 10x better than previous versions. I would think about getting it but I have a school bill to pay and Assassins Creed and Super Mario Galaxy next week.
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #2098
Toonami Tom
Banned

Hey Mr. Snackpants, what's up? Do you have the 24 game for PS2? I bought it when it came out, it's pretty good.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:04 PM   #2099
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Hey man. Naw I don't even have a PS2. But I did rent it when I had a PS2. It was alright. It was supposed to tell a story between seasons right? Its been awhile and I totally forgot.
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:06 PM   #2100
The Clerk
Stone Warrior

I'm playing DDR...... still.

Was also catching up on Legion of Dragoon.

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games