The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 02-16-2018, 06:15 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't know I'd say it's 50/50, they clearly give him a different name in the press release and while it does seem too similar looking to a foot to just be a coincidence I just think it's too goofy to be real, maybe it looks much better in the actual show?
One of the few telling things is no Shredder in the initial toy wave, but that might be because they might keep Shredder in the shadows for awhile and not reveal him right away like every other cartoon does because Baron Draxum looks like he'll be in the opening eps. I can see something just like the Foot alone harrassing the Turtles on the streets and the Turtles having no idea where they come from. Then in the mid-season finale at episode 13 of Season 1, Shredder debuts.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:25 PM   #22
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The Next Mutation did have a Shredder figure even if he was basically a nobody on the show. It just feels odd for him not to have one.

I do think that if Shredder is not in the first season they have to bring him back because fans/outlets will bring it up at every interview, similar to how the 2012 show brought Rocksteady/Beebop for those reasons.

The Baron looks a different color but similar to what I thought he'd look, I think he'll be a generic villain like Lord Dregg in the OT. Man, I just don't see this show being too successful, it has everything going against it but loving it so far.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 06:29 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

I definitely see Shredder being already introduced in Season 1, but he might be more of an "Emperor Paplatine" character in he's mostly in the shadows for a lot of it till they're ready for a reveal.

Now I think other familiar characters won't appear till Season 2 or later. I do think eventually we'll see the usual Karai, Baxter, Rat King, Leatherhead, and some form of Krang or the Utroms, but not till the second season. Unless Baxter is April's father which I really like the idea of.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:48 PM   #24
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

With all the changes so far it would not surprise me if Shredder is the name of April’s little sidekick cat thing.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:10 PM   #25
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
With all the changes so far it would not surprise me if Shredder is the name of April’s little sidekick cat thing.
Nice one.

Or maybe he will be robot built from kitchen utensils.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:35 PM   #26
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Nice one.

Or maybe he will be robot built from kitchen utensils.
Yes.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:49 PM   #27
Leonardo2003
Foot Soldier

Quote:
The Next Mutation did have a Shredder figure even if he was basically a nobody on the show. It just feels odd for him not to have one.

I do think that if Shredder is not in the first season they have to bring him back because fans/outlets will bring it up at every interview, similar to how the 2012 show brought Rocksteady/Beebop for those reasons.

The Baron looks a different color but similar to what I thought he'd look, I think he'll be a generic villain like Lord Dregg in the OT. Man, I just don't see this show being too successful, it has everything going against it but loving it so far.
Baron? His toy wasn’t in those leaks. That was Meat Sweats
Leonardo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 07:56 PM   #28
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo2003 View Post
Baron? His toy wasn’t in those leaks. That was Meat Sweats
A lot of people are convinced that one of the figures on the playset is the Baron. It's likely.

Also you seriously are all trolling me deliberately with this "leak" crap now ain'tcha?
Old 02-16-2018, 08:11 PM   #29
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
A lot of people are convinced that one of the figures on the playset is the Baron. It's likely.

Also you seriously are all trolling me deliberately with this "leak" crap now ain'tcha?
Damn, so true, we're all just assuming it's him and while it's most likely there's nothing confirmed.

I think it's only me that was trolling, I found those other "leaks" posts dumb I just repeated leak with something just as outrageous.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:37 PM   #30
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Damn, so true, we're all just assuming it's him and while it's most likely there's nothing confirmed.

I think it's only me that was trolling, I found those other "leaks" posts dumb I just repeated leak with something just as outrageous.
Mm okay. It feels like several people here think "leak" is a synonym to hypothesis, theory, speculation, or rumor, but I'd like to know how that spread.

It's like every time I see someone take a picture of a book with their phone or something and call it a scan. Or call a scan of a book a screenshot. Words have meanings dammit.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:05 PM   #31
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I see people using reboot/remake as if they were interchangeable winch they aren't.

Remake: You take an established idea and make an updated version
Reboot: You take an established idea and make a new version
Old 02-16-2018, 09:11 PM   #32
CyberCubed
Overlord

I literally have no clue what some of you are discussing anymore.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:37 PM   #33
tmntfan4ever
Foot Soldier

rise-of-the-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-toys-lair-playset-1.jpgbaron draxum might be the figure in the middle of the arcade games on the RoTMNT playset since he is not listed on the individual images of the figures
tmntfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:01 PM   #34
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I mean... Did anyone really think the Foot wasn't gonna be in this? I mean yeah, Baron Cena might be a thing for a while but we all know Shredder will pop up eventually.

I'm more interested in the cat thing and pig monster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The toys were shown, we have a new mutant named "Meat Sweets" and also the design of the Foot Soldier:

http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/16/ri...-286026#images

So far no toy for Baron Draxum or Shredder, so we don't know their designs.

I'm glad the Foot were confirmed, their designs based on the toy look alright. Remind me of the shadow ninja's during the 2k3's Battle Nexus.
I feel like I have to point out that "foot soldier" is also just a generic term for the lowest rank in a standing arny. This might not be confirmation of the Foot in the show yet. Personally, if the toy was labeled "Foot ninja" then I'd be much more inclined to believe this, but it's referred to as "Origami Ninja", aka "Confetti Commandos", whatever that means.

Meat Sweats looks totally cliché but I love it. I'm wondering if the center villain in the playset is Draxum then who is the other figure with the flaming staff. It appears to have the same symbol on its face as the evil ninja up top

Spoiler:

I'm getting a manic, Tasmanian Devilesque vibe from April's little animal friend

Last edited by ProphetofGanja; 02-17-2018 at 03:28 PM.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:55 AM   #35
Shellington
Foot Soldier

The foot mark on the ninja mask looks neat.

Now that the Foot is confirmed I'm looking forward to seeing how the Shredder and possibly the rest of his clan (Karai, Bebop and Rocksteady) will look.
"And we're teenagers." Mikey, the Teenager
Shellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:08 AM   #36
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The toys were shown, we have a new mutant named "Meat Sweets" and also the design of the Foot Soldier:

http://news.toyark.com/2018/02/16/ri...-286026#images

So far no toy for Baron Draxum or Shredder, so we don't know their designs.

I'm glad the Foot were confirmed, their designs based on the toy look alright. Remind me of the shadow ninja's during the 2k3's Battle Nexus.
Meat sweats not sweets.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:40 PM   #37
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

And you were saying that i will not be in the show but as you see i and my foot ninjas are here! AND I WILL BE AGAIN THE MAIN VILLIAN!!
Old 02-17-2018, 02:47 PM   #38
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

The TMNT Twitter account labeled this character as an Origami Ninja not a Foot Soldier
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:51 PM   #39
newfan
Mad Scientist

Yeah foot soldiers don't usually get names, this guy is listed as a villain, if we are seeing a foot on his mask I suppose the relation could be if he is someone high ranking maybe?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 05:41 PM   #40
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It's odd, it all points to him not being a foot soldier but that foot on his mas is clearly a foot even if a ridiculously deformed looking one, the 5 toes is too much to just be a coincidence.