The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #9881
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

The local Wal-Mart had three sets of the monster turtles. I still haven't seen the monster hunters or the 80's figures.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:53 PM   #9882
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
A Wal-Mart local to me still has really old stock out as far as the main line is concerned. Rahzar, Robotic Foot, Savage Mikey, etc. & the outer space characters. Like, literally the same few figures have sat there for months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaktheneutrino View Post
A Walmart employee told me a few months back that if they had any boxes waiting that they would be on the top shelf above the TMNT pegs. I did have luck today and spotted a box up on the top that was sealed. An employee opened it for me and it had two of each monster turtle. The pegs were full yet they had a full case waiting. With that said, it wouldn't hurt to ask!
Similar story at mine, but the pegs at mine are never even full. The last number of times I've checked, over the summer and now, it's been the same story... mostly old stuff and skimpy stock. I DID see maybe 3 or 4 of the Samurai sets with the horses a while ago, but that's the newest stuff I've seen there. None of the original individual figures from that group though. I don't know if I just keep being late to it, of if they just barely ever bother to put anything out since I never see it well stocked. And sadly I don't recall any boxes stored overhead.

And still... Just got back from there, looked again. So little, and no boxes above. Little bit of unboxed stuff in that aisle above, but didn't look like any TMNT.

So little stuff stocked. If they even do have anything in the back, someone needs to get on that. I mean, cripe... where TMNT is literally right next to the stockroom doors, they don't even have to go far.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-19-2017 at 09:20 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:38 PM   #9883
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Similar story at mine, but the pegs at mine are never even full. The last number of times I've checked, over the summer and now, it's been the same story... mostly old stuff and skimpy stock. I DID see maybe 3 or 4 of the Samurai sets with the horses a while ago, but that's the newest stuff I've seen there. None of the original figures from that group though. I don't know if I just keep being late to it, of if they just barely ever bother to put anything out since I never see it well stocked. And sadly I don't recall any boxes stored overhead.

And still... Just got back from there, looked again. So little, and no boxes above. Little bit of unboxed stuff in that aisle above, but didn't look like any TMNT.

So little stuff stocked. If they even do have anything in the back, someone needs to get on that. I mean, cripe... where TMNT is literally right next to the stockroom doors, they don't even have to go far.
When I was at wal-mart I didn't see any tmnt cases above the shelves either. I did see a bunch of new dc multiverse figures out of the case but stacked up above the pegs which still had the same old **** from 4 months back. So I did everyone a favor and ran my arm across the top and knocked em all down.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:37 PM   #9884
Powder
So tired of this place

That's not a favor to anyone. Jesus, all you did was create work for some poor schmuck employee & damage all the packages, which will make collectors not want to buy them. Congrats, you've hurt the toy industry.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 05:22 AM   #9885
jiggacrazy
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
When I was at wal-mart I didn't see any tmnt cases above the shelves either. I did see a bunch of new dc multiverse figures out of the case but stacked up above the pegs which still had the same old **** from 4 months back. So I did everyone a favor and ran my arm across the top and knocked em all down.
You need therapy.
jiggacrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:37 AM   #9886
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:44 AM   #9887
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, if someone did that where I work I'd be wanting to smack them upside the head. I've got plenty enough to do already without anyone purposely being jerky and making more work for me.

That said though, Walmart does frustrate me. I don't know if they're too understaffed (like everyone else in retail anymore) or if they've just got them all focusing on the Christmas crap they're putting out now, or what, but I couldn't even find the damn PASTA at first last night. Walking back and forth at the ends of the aisles wondering where it went since they recently shifted some things around.

And no wonder I couldn't find it, they'd shrank the pasta section a bit AND the shelves were so scarce... But, oh look, there's plenty stacked up overhead where you can't reach it. Far too out of reach to even try. The hell? Are there really now no people with the duties of going through the aisles and filling the shelves when they get skimpy? Or at the very least a step stool for customers would be appreciated... Even the air fresher I wanted was all overhead, but lower, and luckily I caught it when trying to get it down (with one of those fire starters/lighter things - yeah real smart to display those an a aisle full of aerosol cans!), rather than crack myself in the face with it.

No pasta, no TMNT, other things out of reach... *sigh*

edit: So stopped in at TRU. Pretty much the same story as my Walmart. They've got more boxed/bigger items than Walmart, but they have even fewer of the regular figures...maybe three or four? (No Monsters arc of course.) Section cut way down now; maybe a quarter of that side of the aisle when it used to be 3/4th of it. Pretty sad.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-19-2017 at 01:30 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:29 PM   #9888
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

I’ve seen the 80s Bebop/Rocksteady/Leo set at a couple Target stores this week
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:47 AM   #9889
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Has anyone else noticed no new basic figures at there TRU? Mine has gotten some of just about everything else TMNT. But, I think it may have been a year since their 4 inch line got new figures. I'm not saying they haven't replenished. Just that they haven't gotten any new releases since the movie figures came out. Just wondering if it is local to me; or others have seen it too.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #9890
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Has anyone else noticed no new basic figures at there TRU? Mine has gotten some of just about everything else TMNT. But, I think it may have been a year since their 4 inch line got new figures. I'm not saying they haven't replenished. Just that they haven't gotten any new releases since the movie figures came out. Just wondering if it is local to me; or others have seen it too.
It's either local to your store or perhaps to your area. They could have shipped too much stock to the distribution center that services your area and it may be taking longer than anticipated to sell through that stock if sales of the basic figures have dropped off at stores in your area.

However, I can confirm that the TRU store here restocked about a month ago with the Tales of the TMNT repaint series figures. So they are now a bit out of date with the release of the Monster Hunters and 80's figures. But not by much.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 03:48 PM   #9891
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by useasneeded4pain View Post
I’ve seen the 80s Bebop/Rocksteady/Leo set at a couple Target stores this week
Can you pick up a set?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:12 AM   #9892
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I went to a Target by my house and found the Tmnt fully stocked with the newer ones being the 4 Monster Turtles and 80's Rocksteady....i bought the Rocksteady since I have the others. I'm going to keep looking for 80's Bebop and Leo.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 01:05 PM   #9893
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Primer View Post
Found GB Turtles, Hunter Raph, and 80s Bebop at Target. I still need Hunter Leo, though.
I found a fresh case of figures at a Target store yesterday. The case had 16 figures including Monster Hunter Raph, 80's Leo and 80's Bebop. But it didn't have Monster Hunter Leo or 80's Rocksteady. So to get a full set you need to find two different shipments.

Old 10-29-2017, 03:46 PM   #9894
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

What happened with the Muckman one per case rumor I heard? Is it weird that Amazon is the only retailer to ever offer him online. Yeah it was briefly but still it wasn’t third party. No walmart stock?
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 05:44 PM   #9895
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
What happened with the Muckman one per case rumor I heard? Is it weird that Amazon is the only retailer to ever offer him online. Yeah it was briefly but still it wasn’t third party. No walmart stock?
Playmates obviously has more than one assortment currently shipping. So Muckman may be included with some of them. Though at the moment I would suspect that their priority is getting the 80's and Mutants and Monsters figures on store shelves.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:57 PM   #9896
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Any monster hunters in mid tn?
Old 10-30-2017, 12:04 AM   #9897
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Playmates obviously has more than one assortment currently shipping. So Muckman may be included with some of them.
My fingers are crossed.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:13 AM   #9898
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Yeah, my TRU hasn’t stocked anything since July it seems.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:55 AM   #9899
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

I live in Upstate NY and my local TRU and Target have replenished absolutely nothing! I keep running into super old inventory. Luckily Walmart has been keeping up on newer figures, as they are the only ones who put out the Monsters vs Mutants figures. However, by the time they finally had put them out, I had already purchased the main four online from someone who wasn't asking for mega scalper prices. I didn't want to sit on the monsters because I did the same for Muckman.

My parents live on the west coast and my Dad managed to find many of the figures I have never seen in my area. Now I'm just seeking Monster Hunter Raph, '80s Leo and '80s Bebop. I really hope the rumor regarding Muckman coming back out around Christmastime is true. I wanted him long before he became a rarity.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:07 PM   #9900
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
I live in Upstate NY and my local TRU and Target have replenished absolutely nothing! I keep running into super old inventory. Luckily Walmart has been keeping up on newer figures, as they are the only ones who put out the Monsters vs Mutants figures. However, by the time they finally had put them out, I had already purchased the main four online from someone who wasn't asking for mega scalper prices. I didn't want to sit on the monsters because I did the same for Muckman.

My parents live on the west coast and my Dad managed to find many of the figures I have never seen in my area. Now I'm just seeking Monster Hunter Raph, '80s Leo and '80s Bebop. I really hope the rumor regarding Muckman coming back out around Christmastime is true. I wanted him long before he became a rarity.

I hear you. The Targets in my area are pretty bare when it comes to the newer releases. Except for the Super Shredder line that came out pretty quickly, there's been nothing else new on the shelves. I got lucky and found 80's Rocksteady recently, but no 80's Bebop and Leo and the other 2 hunters.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote