The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #1
Fishface
Foot Soldier

What would fans rather?

Which would the fans rather?

Option A: A 6th Season of the 2012 Series?

Option B: A new series to be released in late 2017 which seems to be happening already.
Fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:57 PM   #2
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

How about Option C We are getting a new show in 2018 called Rise of the TMNT
Old 04-12-2017, 07:12 PM   #3
snake
Disgusting

6th season following the arc format for sure. Maybe they could tackle the Battle Nexus. I love that idea.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #4
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I choose Option C: None of the Above.
No use prolonging a show that isn't doing good, or introducing a newer one that'll have worse quality.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:50 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I choose Option C: None of the Above.
No use prolonging a show that isn't doing good, or introducing a newer one that'll have worse quality.
The current show is very good, and I would much have preferred to see it get at least 7 seasons before it ran its course.

Likewise, the show we have confirmed sounds like it's going the Teen Titans Go route, so I can't see why anyone would think that would be better.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:38 PM   #6
Powder
So tired of this place

While it seems like they'll be ending the series on a high note, & I'm excited at the idea of something new, I would've preferred a sixth season to come out first.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:46 PM   #7
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

With that in mind, though, I did realize that it does seem to be hitting it's "rock bottom".

In the 1990's "rock bottom" meant the over-the-top "goofiness" of Next Mutation and the stage musicals, as well as the two direct to video "musicals".

Today's over the top "goofiness" means something of the Teen Titains Go! variety. Which I think is inevitable, it's happened every time with a new variety of TMNT. Starts off high, and hits a rot a few years in when new writers don't know what to do with what they've got.

Then after a few years, there's a "breathing period", such as it was with the 4Kids show until it gets its own rot, and so on and so forth.

Like some kind of f*cked up circle of life.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:48 PM   #8
CyberCubed
Overlord

Unfortunately the new show will probably be a hit with kids. Look at how insanely popular Teen Titans Go is, it just got renewed for a 4th season. And other similar shows on CN and Nick.

If that's the case the only TMNT cartoon on the air for the next few years might be just a silly parody show. Very unfortunate.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #9
sdp
-

I don't really like the CG show too much and I think Rise of the TMNT is going to be awesome for me. Even then I would've preferred a sixth season of the CG show for the sole fact that it was doing interesting stuff and I would've liked to have seen more of that universe before it left, even if I don't love it. Getting a new TMNT show was going to happen eventually anyway but not getting another season of the current incarnation.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:16 PM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I don't really like the CG show too much and I think Rise of the TMNT is going to be awesome for me. Even then I would've preferred a sixth season of the CG show for the sole fact that it was doing interesting stuff and I would've liked to have seen more of that universe before it left, even if I don't love it. Getting a new TMNT show was going to happen eventually anyway but not getting another season of the current incarnation.
How do you know you'll love it? We know nothing about the new series other than a comedy approach. The Nick cartoon was already based in comedy, so a show even more based on that type of loud comedy that Teen Titans Go is known for doesn't give the impression we're going to get a quality show.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:04 PM   #11
sdp
-

I don't say I'll love it, I mention that I think it's going to be awesome for me. I just finished writing about this a few seconds ago. The gist of it is, based on the paragraph bio we got from the show I think it's going to be something I'll like. I expect it to be a fun show that doesn't take itself too seriously and it'll have some action. I'm expecting it to be similar to the shorts we got at SDCC last year in that they had action and were more focused on comedy but still told a story, of course this will be more polished and won't necessarily use any of those art styles.

Sure the CG show had comedy but so did every other TMNT cartoon before it, this new show will have a bit more. I never loved the CG show since I just wasn't a fan of some of the decisions they made with characters and it just never clicked with me. I still like it but it wasn't the show I wanted. Rise of the TMNT is also not the show I want but I think it'll be cute and more fun than the CG show. This is of course all speculation on the little info we have since we don't know anything about the show and I don't think we'll get much information until next year, I could be very wrong.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:37 PM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Noone said it was going to be like Teen Titans Go..... That's all just a stupid assumption at this point.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:49 PM   #13
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

I don't like the sound of the new series because I prefer the more dramatic/depressing side of TMNT, but I'll give it a shot, I may be surprised.

Although what I'd really love to see is a show based on volume 4 of the comics.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:00 AM   #14
Fishface
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
How about Option C We are getting a new show in 2018 called Rise of the TMNT
That was Option B.
Fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:13 AM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

None of these children's shows are really for me or my demographic. I don't really care what they do. It'd be neat if they stopped making copies of facsimiles with all the spinoff characters (Bebop, Rocksteady, Mechaturtle, Technodrome, etc.) and truly do something new with the TMNT, but it's really whatever in this medium. I get it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:43 AM   #16
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I wouldn't mind the current series continuing. But since it isn't...

C... a new show that goes in the opposite direction from what we've already heard about.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:50 AM   #17
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
None of these children's shows are really for me or my demographic. I don't really care what they do. It'd be neat if they stopped making copies of facsimiles with all the spinoff characters (Bebop, Rocksteady, Mechaturtle, Technodrome, etc.) and truly do something new with the TMNT, but it's really whatever in this medium. I get it.
Yes! TMNT has so much potential yet every version repeats the same elements although I have to give IDW some credit because, even though it uses traditional elements of the franchise, they have produced original material too.

I think you could find at least one TMNT comic/episode/movie for every single genre (there's a game for those wild Friday nights).
Old 04-13-2017, 01:01 AM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisKosh View Post
Yes! TMNT has so much potential yet every version repeats the same elements although I have to give IDW some credit because, even though it uses traditional elements of the franchise, they have produced original material too.

I think you could find at least one TMNT comic/episode/movie for every single genre (there's a game for those wild Friday nights).
Most of IDW TMNT is about the same plot lines and characters from past series, just with some new twists. Old Hob and the Pantheon are really the only completely new aspects, besides the reincarnation angle.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:14 AM   #19
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Most of IDW TMNT is about the same plot lines and characters from past series, just with some new twists. Old Hob and the Pantheon are really the only completely new aspects, besides the reincarnation angle.
I think this is the best version of Casey Jones too and his relationship with Hun is interesting. I think some ideas have been reused so well that they feel fresh.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:06 AM   #20
neatoman
Emperor

Season 6?

... Nah, the show got kind of stale in season 2, the 5 seasons it got was honestly a little too much.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote