The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Cat or Dog person?
Cat Person (even if slightly more) 10 47.62%
Dog person (as above, even slightly more) 3 14.29%
I like both equally 8 38.10%
I don't like either 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2018, 12:14 AM   #1
newfan
Mad Scientist

Cat or Dog person?

Why not? Dogs vs. Mogs. Do you guys have a preference? like neither of them or both equally?

I like both but slightly more a cat person, only had them as pets so far.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:20 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I love a good Maine coon cat. But not more than my German Shepherd. Which is literally the choice I had to make.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:33 AM   #3
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Both are awesome. Don't make me take sides.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:08 AM   #4
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I have 3 cats while never having owned a dog before, but I do like both equally.

One day, I'd love to get a German Shepered or maybe some other dog that is great for things like helping you on hunting or going on a hike. It definetly has a different appeal from that of owning cats.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:15 AM   #5
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Cats, but only slightly. I just hate small yappy dogs. Give me a big dog.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:26 AM   #6
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I've had both, love both, but I'm far more of a cat person. There's just something about having a kitty curled up on your lap or pillow that is very soothing and can brighten even the worst day. Cats are very much independant, too, which appeals to my own inner "feline" self. Most are very low maintenance, and while not as inherently social as dogs, they can be just as loving and friendly. And who doesn't love the sound of a cat's purr?

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:46 AM   #7
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I've had both, love both, but I'm far more of a cat person. There's just something about having a kitty curled up on your lap or pillow that is very soothing and can brighten even the worst day. Cats are very much independant, too, which appeals to my own inner "feline" self. Most are very low maintenance, and while not as inherently social as dogs, they can be just as loving and friendly. And who doesn't love the sound of a cat's purr?
Yeah, cats purring can be therapeutic (if you like cats....and their claws aren't digging into your legs )
Same here with the independence, that's also given cats the upper hand with me but I might get a dog one day
Quote:
Storm Eagle -Both are awesome. Don't make me take sides.
Each have their pros. You just hear people refer to 'cat people' and 'dog people' I'm sure there's a lot of people who liked both, I was just curious.

Last edited by newfan; 05-10-2018 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:00 AM   #8
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It should be pretty obvious at this point I'm a cat person. I didn't grow up with dogs and have fostered dozens upon dozens of cats by this point in my life.

I can say that thanks to that, I'd prefer a small to medium sized dog. I'd love a greyhound. They're pretty chill, I hear.

My dream though is to have a cat and dog pair I can give endearing namesakes to. Like Rita and Runt. But that would require having an absolutely enormous dog . Which I would not be prepared for. It would probably be heavier than me...
Old 05-10-2018, 09:25 AM   #9
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I’m more of a cat person.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:03 AM   #10
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Cats. But I'm kind of over cats right now, due to putting up with problem cats for 14 years, brought upon us by my idiot sister and brother-in-law.

Though I might find some dogs cute or pretty, in general dogs are just too crazy, noisy, clingy, messy, and smelly for me. We had one Airedale (the breed my dad always wanted) that we got back in 2000, and while he was okay... kinda... that's enough for me.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 02:57 PM   #11
Prowler
Emperor

Cats.

Btw, I think I made this thread a couple of years ago.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 03:04 PM   #12
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Cats.

Btw, I think I made this thread a couple of years ago.
Sorry, browsed older threads but not enough it seems
Old 05-10-2018, 03:20 PM   #13
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Sorry, browsed older threads but not enough it seems
It's fine. I don't run these boards.

It's funny you made a thread like this because earlier today I saw a girl walking her cat on a leash at a park. First time I saw something like that.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:42 PM   #14
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
It's fine. I don't run these boards.

It's funny you made a thread like this because earlier today I saw a girl walking her cat on a leash at a park. First time I saw something like that.
I've heard of but never seen that, not a usual thing for them.

Okay just found your thread, the poll was better separated. So adding preference and outright likes together looks like they came out equal.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:45 PM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Cats. But I'm kind of over cats right now, due to putting up with problem cats for 14 years, brought upon us by my idiot sister and brother-in-law.

Though I might find some dogs cute or pretty, in general dogs are just too crazy, noisy, clingy, messy, and smelly for me. We had one Airedale (the breed my dad always wanted) that we got back in 2000, and while he was okay... kinda... that's enough for me.
Dogs are a bit too high maintenance and energetic for me. Also my apartment is not that big for a dog. I'd also be too lazy to walk it a few times a day.

Some dog breeds look cool/cute, though. Basset hounds, for example. They look very cute.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:56 PM   #16
Katie
Just...way too serious.

I’ve had both. I prefer dogs. My cat was the single most destructive animal I have ever owned. He destroyed furniture even though he had a nice big cat tower, peed on everything, despite having his box cleaned twice a day. No medical issues and neutered.

My dog was an angel. Well behaved a Dalmatian mix with all the energy in the world but never hurt anything but a cow hoof. She only chewed two things in puppyhood: one work shoe that I had taken off when I came home for lunch, and a couple of chair legs, though they were just scratched and after I scolded her she never did either again in her whole 15 years.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:04 PM   #17
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Anxiety could be have been possibility. At least anxiety in that he didn't feel he had enough space that was "his".

The thing I like about basset hounds is that they make amazing running photos

They're so floppy. They require a lot of maintenance because of their wrinkles, though.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:06 PM   #18
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I see that cats are winning the poll but it was recently brought to my attention that it's thanks to instagram.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:11 PM   #19
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I see that cats are winning the poll but it was recently brought to my attention that it's thanks to instagram.
That's because the internet popularized cats in recent years due to cute kitten gifs and cat videos on youtube. Everyone posts pictures or gifs of cats online doing cute things, so now *everyone* wants a cat.

It's funny, back in the early 2000's before social media took off I don't remember cats being that popular. Sure many people owned them, but there was no big, "oh look at these cute kittens" gifs or meme videos or whatever.

Social media really saved cats. Now youtube, cat gifs, cat pictures, cat memes, etc. are all the rage. I'd say around 2007 or so is when cats really took off in popularity. One of the few good things about social media, now people like cats and kittens. I don't think anyone ever thought of it before.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:16 PM   #20
Prowler
Emperor

Thone pictures of running basset hounds make them look like vicious creatures. But afaik they're a rather docile breed, aren't they?

The most common breed people own here are golden retrievers and labs. It's like the standard family dog. then there's old ladies with chihuahas and other quite small dogs. Smaller dogs tend to bark a lot and tend to be rather jumpy/anxious. Big dogs generally speaking seem much more chill, from my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That's because the internet popularized cats in recent years due to cute kitten gifs and cat videos on youtube. Everyone posts pictures or gifs of cats online doing cute things, so now *everyone* wants a cat.

It's funny, back in the early 2000's before social media took off I don't remember cats being that popular. Sure many people owned them, but there was no big, "oh look at these cute kittens" gifs or meme videos or whatever.

Social media really saved cats. Now youtube, cat gifs, cat pictures, cat memes, etc. are all the rage. I'd say around 2007 or so is when cats really took off in popularity. One of the few good things about social media, now people like cats and kittens. I don't think anyone ever thought of it before.
There was no Fb, twiter, instagram, tumbler, youtube, etc. in the late 90s/early 2000s, so ofc you didn't see them.