The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #21
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Just read Issue 699.

Spoiler:
Peter has Ock's memories, and can't stop thinking about Otto having sex with May from the time they were together

I feel so vindicated in my beleifs. Thank god for the newspaper strip.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #22
Blossombrooks
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Just read Issue 699.

Spoiler:
Peter has Ock's memories, and can't stop thinking about Otto having sex with May from the time they were together

I feel so vindicated in my beleifs. Thank god for the newspaper strip.
Please be kidding about that spoiler?! *shudders* I'm not surprised though unfortunately. I sort of enjoyed the 'No turning back' arc but I really don't care for the way Peter is drawn or portrayed of late. My sister lives near a comic book shop and sends me the latest issues but I got to #696 and told her not to bother getting me the next ones. I've never said that about ASM before! Roll on the reboot.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #23
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Issue 700 spoilers have leaked. I've heard a lot of interesting theories on where this is going, but I'll leave the essentials

Spoiler:
Peter breaks out of prison with a few supervillians (why Peter would even allow this is is your first clue something is up) and he rounds up his friends and family and makes preperations to transfer his mind back into his own body, however, Ock has taken special precautions to prevent this. After a feirce battle with Peter's cronies, Ock confronts Peter, and they have a conversation that ends in Peter essentially transferring the remnants of his memories to Ock as his body fails him, tells him to do what is right, and subcumbs to his injuries and dies. Ock realizes Peter had always held back the full extent of his powers and pulls no punches dealing with a brute of a monster, gaining respect even from Jameson. Ock vows to be better than Peter ever was, and from now on, he will be a Superior Spider-Man

So...yeah, to the casual reader, this is a big f-u to Peter and his world, but if you think a little more about it, this mess can be salvaged

Spoiler:
Basicly, it's being left open to interpretation as to whether or not this is truly Ock in Peter's body, or if it has always been the Peter we all know and love merly THINKING he is Doc Ock, and that the real Doc Ock has died beleiving he was Peter, which would go a long way to explaining why he even sided with the villians in this story, as the real, more responsible and level-headed Peter wouldnt dream of that in a million years.

This also opens up the possibliy of a return for Ock in the future...as Peter, is carrying Ock's memories and brain patterns in conjunction with his own, there could eventually be a story where he tries to "rid" himself of these aspects so he can truly become Peter Parker, and somehow (probably with the aid of the Jackal and his cloning techniques), everything that makes Ock who he is will be transfered into another host body.

That's what I'm getting out of this anyway. I'm probably giving Slott way too much credit, this seems too clever even for him.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #24
Scotty TuffGuy1979
Hench Mutant

I have been collecting amazing Spider-Man for years I have completed all issues of amazing Spider-Man series, so I have been a loyal Spider-Man fan, I am not continuing to collect after the re boot,
Scotty TuffGuy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #25
Ninjinister
無問題

I (and probably many others) have been calling that the new one would be

Spoiler:
Otto

since 698.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:58 AM   #26
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prefight Doughnuts View Post
I (and probably many others) have been calling that the new one would be

Spoiler:
Otto

since 698.
I'll go one better, I and others were predicting that since at least September
Old 12-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #27
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
I'll go one better, I and others were predicting that since at least September
Well considering I don't actively read Spidey (and in fact never even read 698 or 699), I think I did well enough.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:05 AM   #28
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

Some of DC's stuff post-Final Crisis wasn't hitting the mark, no. But what they've done and continue to do is like trying to swat a fly with a bazooka. It's NOT the DCU, it's just the Marvel U featuring analogs of DC characters.
I don't read the modern "Big Two" comics, but I do appreciate your analysis of the trend.

Made me think of this promotional stunt too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Imagine...

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #29
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I don't read the modern "Big Two" comics, but I do appreciate your analysis of the trend.

Made me think of this promotional stunt too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Imagine...
I've got a few of them. Always enjoyed them. Stan's quite underrated these days, even if his style of writing hasnt changed since the 70s.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:18 AM   #30
Leo656
The Franchise

Thanks boss, I just spend way too much time reading, thinking and talking about comics compared to most people.

I picked up a few of those DC/Stan Lee "Just Imagine" books, they were OK. I keep meaning to go back and collect the ones I missed. Neat idea. I'm of the opinion that anything's worth at least a try.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #31
ZariusTwo
Overlord

And now Dan Slott is getting death threats. Ugh. I'm not one to shower praise on the guy's work on this book either, but there is NO excuse for this.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 12-19-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #32
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I just read ASM#700.......
Spoiler:
So Peter failed to switch back in time and now Otto Ocativius is reformed and now living the life of Peter Parker? I only picked it up because it was Peter Parker vs Otto Octivius but you loyal reader probably saw this coming. My question is how long with this bizarre twist last?
Old 12-27-2012, 05:57 AM   #33
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Likley around the time the second of the rebooted Spider-Man movies comes out.

In the meantime, the daily newspaper stirp will still feature Peter as Spidey, so it doesnt really matter...
Old 12-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #34
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Likley around the time the second of the rebooted Spider-Man movies comes out.

In the meantime, the daily newspaper stirp will still feature Peter as Spidey, so it doesnt really matter...
Yeah, and he is still married to Mary Jane in the strip too!
Spoiler:
I am of the belief as said above its merely Peter thinking he is Otto as the story hints at his becoming Otto in Octopus's body. It might take his attempt to purge the Doc Ock left in him for the truth to come out.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #35
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Spoiler:
Agreed.

It's hinted that annoying b*tch Carlie will work out something is wrong (since Ock tells her what's happened in the issue), and try to prove Ock is influencing Peter, making her more of an irritant than usual, she'll be like the guys from the "Chicken Boo" shorts on Animaniacs pointing out to the crowd there's a big fat phony in their midst. I hope that isnt Marvel's intention, I like to think people who've known Peter for a lifetime are capable of sniffing things out than someone who's only known him a few months in comic time.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #36
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Spoiler:
If my shared theory is incorrect a second and perhaps alternative theory could be,the soul particle separater that was used successfully on both Sandman and Hyrdo-Man. That could be the key to Peter's salvation of purging the Octopus out of him! Carlie and MJ can get a little help from Team Horizon and then before long Peter Parker is restored! Perhaps in Superior Spider-Man#12?
Old 12-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #37
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist

Spoiler:
I feel like the fact that everyone is speculating about how and when will Peter Parker be back really means a lot about the kind of companies Marvel and DC have become. They really wiped out all sense of wonder mainstream comics once had. I'm still quite young myself, so I've always known them more or less like this, but when you read the stuff they were making in the 60s and 70s you actually believe that the guys were trying to create good stories. Now it mostly seems like simple marketing. Of course there's still plenty of things worth reading, but putting Octopus inside Peter's body? What's the point, really?

Sorry about the rant, I just really miss the old days, before the larger-than-life sagas took over.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just find it funny that they killed off two Peter Parker's in two different universes within the span of a year.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:51 AM   #39
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I just find it funny that they killed off two Peter Parker's in two different universes within the span of a year.
They have this werid idea how Peter's story can only end on a tragic level.

It almost extended even to his daughter. There were plans to kill off Spider-Girl in 2006 when her book was ending, but it's writer Tom DeFalco and the fanbase raged, and Quesada changed his mind, with the book going through a few relaunches and only properly ending around the time he departed as EIC (in the final story in 2010, Spider-Girl BREIFLY dies, but is ressurected through time-travel and lives to fight another day)
Old 01-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #40
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Superior Spider-Man leaked.

Spoiler:
Peter isnt dead, he's tucked away somewhere in Ock's mind acting as his conscience

Tags
spider-man