The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 03-23-2015, 09:16 AM   #41
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

(hit the magnifying glass option to enhance)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
This place gives me about all I can handle of that stuff. I used to go on a couple wrestling and comics forums, way waaaaaay back, but it's such a drag. I completely hate discussing my interests with other, supposedly "like-minded" people. Either they disagree with me for stupid reasons, or (kind of) worse, they "agree" with me for nonsensical reasons that make me question if we're even speaking the same language, let alone liking the same things. It's like, you'd think nerds wouldn't be such awful people, but a lot of 'em really are.
I agree, in fact the other most frequent community I go to outright bans all this drama in their comic book threads under the mantra that we should all just enjoy the stories we like and not step on the toes of anyone who fancies this or that, which I agree with. Conversations there are healthier than they were when they started.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 03-23-2015 at 09:25 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:09 AM   #42
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

(hit the magnifying glass option to enhance)
You seriously got under that guy's skin...
Old 03-23-2015, 11:53 AM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is it normal for a professional writer in the comic book industry to come to forums and insult people or take jabs at them like a normal forum go-er? Usually most writers I've seen on forums are either generally nice or don't interact with forums much at all. But if you didn't know that was Dan Slott his posts felt interchangeable with any other forum go-er.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 12:13 PM   #44
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is it normal for a professional writer in the comic book industry to come to forums and insult people or take jabs at them like a normal forum go-er? Usually most writers I've seen on forums are either generally nice or don't interact with forums much at all. But if you didn't know that was Dan Slott his posts felt interchangeable with any other forum go-er.
Writers are people, too... which means that some of them potentially are jerks and make poor decisions.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:36 PM   #45
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Is it normal for a professional writer in the comic book industry to come to forums and insult people or take jabs at them like a normal forum go-er?
It's becoming a recurrence with Marvel's top brass on social media. Quesada and Brevroot do it too, though not as obsessively as Slott. This man has constantly posted "farewell" messages and vows to steer clear of internet drama, but is always, without fail, compelled to constantly return to the scene and try to set the record straight on misrepresentations and misinterpretations, which is well within his right if it helps clear the air, but he can afford to be the better man out of the two of us and do all that without the snark and bait. He never takes that option. Most times? Neither do I. And we both come off looking petty. I can admit to that. Will Slott? Hardly likely.

Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz, Spider-Girl's creators, on the other hand, are refreshingly pleasant to interact with online.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 03-23-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:18 PM   #46
Leo656
The Franchise

"Never meet your heroes..." Because they're usually just the worst kind of people.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:21 PM   #47
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
We don't know, according to Slott, "elements" of Renew Your Vows will filter into the books after Secret Wars

In the meantime, the Spiral storyline will be continuing, and Peter will show up in Silk#5 according to the June solits, so even if they're tying up plot threads in ASM, the regular Spidey will still be kicking about at least for now.
What the f*ck does that even mean? So things will just change and characters won't acknowledge anything because SW is a reboot or what about battleworld? Does NYC exist on battleworld? Does Renew Your Vows take place in 616?

This event confuses me to no end.

And Leo656, Slott is no hero. He's a f*cking monster.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:41 PM   #48
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Did you read Quesada's inane drivel he posted on Friday where he said nobody except Stan himself could top what they were doing with Spidey now? What a middle finger to DeMatties, DeFalco, and JMS.

I do find it a bit ironic he said "noone except Stan", and Stan's current work still happens to involve a married Spidey.

No, I haven't, but now-a-days, I generally steer clear of Marvel's site or other comic sites, as the news is just too depressing concerning my fave Marvel characters. And yeah, that WAS a slap in the face.

Quote:
It's becoming a recurrence with Marvel's top brass on social media. Quesada and Brevroot do it too, though not as obsessively as Slott. This man has constantly posted "farewell" messages and vows to steer clear of internet drama, but is always, without fail, compelled to constantly return to the scene and try to set the record straight on misrepresentations and misinterpretations, which is well within his right if it helps clear the air, but he can afford to be the better man out of the two of us and do all that without the snark and bait. He never takes that option. Most times? Neither do I. And we both come off looking petty. I can admit to that. Will Slott? Hardly likely.

Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz, Spider-Girl's creators, on the other hand, are refreshingly pleasant to interact with online.

Makes me wish JMS was still on the ASM book, or would come back and "fix" it. I'm sure he could do a decent job of unraveling the knotty mess they made of it, but I doubt he'd do it now. Seems JQ's decisions left a bad taste in JMS's mouth, and I don't blame him for that.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:48 AM   #49
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
What the f*ck does that even mean? So things will just change and characters won't acknowledge anything because SW is a reboot or what about battleworld? Does NYC exist on battleworld?
Several NYCs exist on Battleworld it seems. The ones for 616 and the Ultimate universe will even share the same island.
Old 03-24-2015, 01:04 PM   #50
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Several NYCs exist on Battleworld it seems. The ones for 616 and the Ultimate universe will even share the same island.
So it's possible Renew Your Vows Peter run could into Miguel or 616 Peter? If so, this probably takes place BEFORE Secret Wars, or whenever 616 and the other universes collide.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:36 PM   #51
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
If so, this probably takes place BEFORE Secret Wars,
At best the first issue or so is probably set before SW, but it is supposed to eventually take place in a part of Battleworld called the "Regency", named after the unknown "Regent"
Old 03-26-2015, 09:13 AM   #52
ZariusTwo
Overlord

It's now been confirmed that Miles Morales will be part of the new Avengers roster post-Secret Wars. Where is Peter? Who knows.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:48 PM   #54
Leo656
The Franchise

What a f*ckin' nerd.

Not you, him. This guy works for a corporation, and it's clear that you occupy a big place in his mind.

That's pathetic. Dude needs some 'tang.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:34 PM   #55
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
What a f*ckin' nerd.

Not you, him. This guy works for a corporation, and it's clear that you occupy a big place in his mind.

That's pathetic. Dude needs some 'tang.
He lets a lot of online dwellers get to him, it truly is a marvel how he even finds the time to write books when he's spending a lot of his time going to these hives and trying to make them his own personal echo chamber
Old 04-02-2015, 03:40 PM   #56
Leo656
The Franchise

Honestly, whenever I meet someone who's "actually" famous, they usually say they're almost never online because they don't have time. Makes sense. Successful people don't have time to Twitter their Facespace or whatever. They're busy doing stuff.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:45 AM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord

I really don't understand why Dan Slott browses message boards just to retaliate at people. I've literally never seen any other comic book writer actually do this.

Most of the time people in the industry get bored of forums very quickly or leave after a short time. This guy feels like he has a vendetta and an axe to grind. He actually reminds me of a lot of regular angry posters on various forums over the years who can't take a hint or know when to quit.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 05:37 PM   #59
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
*pops in*

Is that Miles I see in the upper left corner~?

aww the kid is cute ^_^
Old 04-08-2015, 04:18 PM   #60
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Can I just stress again how much more of a hardass newspaper strip Mary Jane is? The last few days have seen her insist she team with her husband and Black Widow to track down Hobgoblin and kick his tail, she refuses to be babysat by Natasha. Marvel could stand to take notes from how Stan and his team handle the Parkers in their world.

Tags
spider-man