The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 12-28-2016, 08:23 PM   #141
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Carrie & Debbie go out & take their last bow together, like mother like daughter, may they cherish each other in heaven.
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 08:54 PM   #142
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Oh no, I can't even try to imagine what their family must be going through right now. They have my condolences.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:27 PM   #143
CyberCubed
Overlord

She died of a broken heart.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:30 PM   #144
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Jesus this poor family

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:44 PM   #145
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Unhappy

'I want to be with Carrie', she said. An hour later the emotional turmoil caused a stroke. Is it an answered prayer or the biggest hit a parent gets causing a health crisis? This narrative is gut wretching any way its looked at. Todd Fisher and Billie Lourd could have stilled needed her.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:44 PM   #146
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-backlash.html

Steve Martin deleted his tweet of condolence about Carrie because people were calling it sexist.

What say you?
Well, ROTJ in that slave outfit, she did become a sex icon like Monroe in the dress of the 7 year inch or "like a virgin" in the 1980's. She was highly beautiful, perhaps its in poor taste on Martin's end because she just died, but you also cant rewrite history either and forget what a icon she was in the 1980's.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:45 PM   #147
CyberCubed
Overlord

Its so surreal this happened. Just a few days ago Carrie Fisher was fine. Then she gets a heart attack and then her mother dies of grief. If Carrie never died, her mother would probably still be alive right now too. It really puts into perspective that if you're that old and "lose the will to live" you can literally cause your own death.

Here today, gone tomorrow. Its very sad and will probably go down in history as one of Hollywood's most tragic historical deaths.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:56 PM   #148
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Its so surreal this happened. Just a few days ago Carrie Fisher was fine. Then she gets a heart attack and then her mother dies of grief. If Carrie never died, her mother would probably still be alive right now too. It really puts into perspective that if you're that old and "lose the will to live" you can literally cause your own death.

Here today, gone tomorrow. Its very sad and will probably go down in history as one of Hollywood's most tragic historical deaths.
She had a heart attack. She didn't "lose her will to live" you f*cking mongoloid. I wish she was back solely to smack the sh*t out of you.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:23 AM   #149
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
She had a heart attack. She didn't "lose her will to live" you f*cking mongoloid. I wish she was back solely to smack the sh*t out of you.
Her mother literally died because of Carrie's death, its what influenced it. Had Carrie never died, her mother likely would not have.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:03 AM   #150
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

I dealt with loss, it does take a toll on your body. I was depress, cant think what it would do to a 84 year old.

I didn't eat for 2 days, I just felt numb all over.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 01:08 AM   #151
CyberCubed
Overlord

Debbie's last words apparently only 10 minutes before she got the stroke was, "I want to be with Carrie."

Its posted on all the various news sites:

http://people.com/movies/debbie-reyn...carrie-fisher/

Very sad.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:44 AM   #152
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
The news of Debbie Reynolds passing hurts my heart just as much as yesterday's news. She was a delightful woman and I loved so many of her performances. I'll never forget her roles in Singing in the Rain and the Halloween Town films. However, her voice acting performance in Charlotte's Web has meant the most to me. I first saw the film when I was a pre-schooler and was completely enchanted by her. This was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the news. R.I.P.

That was her? Oh God, I loved that film as a kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If Carrie never died, her mother would probably still be alive right now too. It really puts into perspective that if you're that old and "lose the will to live" you can literally cause your own death.
Quote:
He was talking about Debbie.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:02 AM   #153
Prowler
Emperor

Pretty sad, but not that surprising, I'm afraid. I've met people who've lost their children and they were never the same since then. And of course, if you're pretty old and lose your son/daughter at age of 40 or so to a heart attack or cancer, the heartbreak of such heavy loss will possibly speed up the deterioration of your health.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 09:10 AM   #154
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Found a nice anecdote on Reddit from a fan who met Fisher.

Quote:
She was the most funny person. A few years ago I met her at the Star Wars Celebration. It was the last day, on the last hour of the event and I was the last one in a queue to get her autograph. As I was about to greet her, someone tapped on my shoulder, it was Femi Tayler, the dancing Twi'lek, asking me if she could get before me and hug Carrie. They were so happy to see each other it was a real pleasure to witness that.

A few minutes later, still very happy, Carrie Fisher greeted me with a huge grin and, pushing a box of cookies, told me to take one. As I politely declined, she waved her hand like a Jedi and told me "You want to take a cookie".

All my friends over there were jealous beyond measure and I still cherish the memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 10:54 AM   #155
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yes because as we all know there is no relation to emotional trauma and heart attacks
Old 12-29-2016, 11:33 AM   #156
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Yes because as we all know there is no relation to emotional trauma and heart attacks
I didn't realize he was talking about Debbie. I have bad reading comprehension
Old 12-29-2016, 11:43 AM   #157
CyberCubed
Overlord

I figured that, snake, too, which is why I worded my post carefully. It was 3:30am EST at that time anyway, I think we all needed some sleep.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:37 PM   #158
THGhost
Puppet Master

I understood it just fine, Cubed. So the wording was sound, just you and snake's sleepy eyes.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:26 PM   #159
CyberCubed
Overlord

I decided to watch "Singing in the Rain" as a tribute to Debbie Reynolds. Here's one of her best performances, "Good Morning."

Its only a 4 minute clip, but it really shows you had talented she was when she was younger. Its hard to believe this is from 1952:

Man, back then to be an actor/singer in a movie you needed real talent, unlike the trash they put out today. What happened to the talent from classic movies?

Debbie Reynolds was one of a kind.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:49 PM   #160
snake
Disgusting

I'd argue it was easier to get a job acting back then than it is now.

Tags
carrie fisher