The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 10-02-2016, 02:52 PM   #101
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
Yesterday was an incredible day that started off with the meticulous Trevor Zammit, Turtle fan and the sculptor of the amazing movie and video game NECA turtles we all saw at San Diego Comic-Con this year. Following that we filmed late into the night with the incredible Ciro Nieli, whose genius and the depth of his talent and love for the TMNT simply blew our minds.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...79290100_o.jpg
I guess whatever was blurred out from the screen, has to do with Season 5 of the Nick series.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:59 PM   #102
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I guess whatever was blurred out from the screen, has to do with Season 5 of the Nick series.
Initially the picture was clear. There's a general Tragg from OT.

(maybe crossover?)
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:05 PM   #103
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
Initially the picture was clear. There's a general Tragg from OT.

(maybe crossover?)
Its possible, They are gonna do another crossover episode soon.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:32 PM   #104
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yesterday was an incredible day that started off with the meticulous Trevor Zammit, Turtle fan and the sculptor of the amazing movie and video game NECA turtles we all saw at San Diego Comic-Con this year. Following that we filmed late into the night with the incredible Ciro Nieli, whose genius and the depth of his talent and love for the TMNT simply blew our minds.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d6&oe=58749083

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...52&oe=5868437D

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...79290100_o.jpg
Wooh, some toys as well? This is going to be so good
Old 10-02-2016, 08:16 PM   #105
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Trevor is sculpting toys for NECA, and he sculpts for fun. Nothing that he is doing has anything to do with the show.
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:26 PM   #106
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Today brought us another great interview and some in-depth analysis from Brandon Auman the story editor of Nickelodeon's TMNT show.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:36 AM   #107
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Believe it or not we are hitting the road on the first official tour for this second volume of Turtle Power starting the end of this month! We will be posting things as much as we can, but not likely until after we are back home. This will be a stripped down crew.

I am putting the call out to anyone who might have connections to people they would suggest be good interviews that we didn't have in the first film. I already know who we want to get, so I don't need lists of those people, but if you are connected in some way to a person or persons who would be worth connecting to us, please send me a PM.

ROCK ON!
I felt under promised on the first one.

After following it for so long and the 'lots of stuff you didn't know! or lots of stuff you havn't seen!'

and most of it WAS stuff I knew and had heard before, and it felt a little disjointed. It could have easily been 4 hours and just covered mirage and FWF alone.

Something like this i feel needs to be released in sections or parts. Part one could have focused on mirage. part two movies. part three tv....

although i will say this. out of all of the not so great documentaries out there, i'd rank this one with i know that voice in terms of at least delivering on it's subject matter.

that back to the future documentary, not so much.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:43 PM   #108
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Hey man. Sorry to hear it was disappointing to you. As much as we would have loved to deliver a 4 hour or multi edition film series (which is what we are working on now) that simply isn't what the distribution companies wanted, we had to deliver what would sell and stick to a specific length and format.

As for the "stuff that you hadn't seen or heard before" I admit I may have been over excited about what we had, but there is stuff in there that no one had ever seen before like the on set and in office archive footage as well as toy concepts and designs that had never seen the light of day before, so technically yes there was stuff that no turtle fan had ever seen. It just might not have been as much as some people were hoping for.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:51 PM   #109
Vegita-San
Emperor

don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad documentary, and yes, the behind the scenes video and home movies WHERE new and awesome!
I just thought it was sold wrong.

i know you guys are dedicated tmnt fans....and i was expecting alot of stuff old loyal and true fans didn't know, for lack of a better term.

and the one part that i thought would be longer, the OS cast interviews, seemed to go by in a blink of an eye. and a cast reunion of that magnitude hadn't been done before, so i was a little dissapointed in that too.

so, if it was disappointing, it was only in the fact that i think it was over sold for a long period of time. no ones fault since people where excited about it, but after following it for so long, i was a bit let down ;o).

other than that, i really did enjoy it ;o).
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:32 PM   #110
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad documentary, and yes, the behind the scenes video and home movies WHERE new and awesome!
I just thought it was sold wrong.

i know you guys are dedicated tmnt fans....and i was expecting alot of stuff old loyal and true fans didn't know, for lack of a better term.

and the one part that i thought would be longer, the OS cast interviews, seemed to go by in a blink of an eye. and a cast reunion of that magnitude hadn't been done before, so i was a little dissapointed in that too.

so, if it was disappointing, it was only in the fact that i think it was over sold for a long period of time. no ones fault since people where excited about it, but after following it for so long, i was a bit let down ;o).

other than that, i really did enjoy it ;o).
Thanks, I appreciate your response. To be honest I was also disappointed that we didn't get a chance to release more content. Especially the voice cast reunion, as there was WAY more shot and it was a very special event, you are right. Part of what we might be able to do this round is a Kickstarter campaign (considering we are still funding the second one out of our pockets) and in that campaign we would like to offer as much of the additional content we captured the first time around as bonus materials. Such as Kevin's vault tour, drawing with Peter, fan collection tours, the voice cast reunion, and so on. What do you guys think of that? This way we can offer all that bonus content as well as offer a pre-order on volume 2. We are open to your thoughts?

PS here are some shots from todays interview. We were happy to be back in San Diego again, but this time, it's not about Comic-Con. This time we spent the day with an old friend at IDW's San Diego Comic Art Gallery (a very cool spot worth checking out). Kevin Eastman was as gracious a host as always and we were thrilled to snag interviews with Bobby Curnow, Tom Waltz, Greg Goldstein and Ted Adams.

Last edited by Canadian Turtle; 10-03-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:23 AM   #111
Powder
So tired of this place

I for one like that idea! Assuming the content isn't forever hidden behind a pay-wall, that is.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 09:40 AM   #112
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
This way we can offer all that bonus content as well as offer a pre-order on volume 2. We are open to your thoughts?
Great idea-- I would 110% be down for that!

BTW, the interview setups are looking GREAT!
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:07 AM   #113
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Sign me up for the bonus material!!!
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:16 PM   #114
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

I'd be down with that, but I have to agree with POWDER on this one...cool possibillity, but it really feels old having to pay again for something we have been promised on the last time around...AND kinda on this part 2 of the doc..I mean common, you CANT put this extra stuff on this upcomming release??you really have to make this one SEPERATE project again?which everyone on here is going to have to pay for again and get all the hopes up?..why don't you just put all the shot material from last time on this next part as bonus content??
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:37 PM   #115
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior

Just send the link when the pre-order is up for Bonus Content and I'll be sure to buy it instantly! lol.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 08:42 AM   #116
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelangelo View Post
I'd be down with that, but I have to agree with POWDER on this one...cool possibillity, but it really feels old having to pay again for something we have been promised on the last time around...AND kinda on this part 2 of the doc..I mean common, you CANT put this extra stuff on this upcomming release??you really have to make this one SEPERATE project again?which everyone on here is going to have to pay for again and get all the hopes up?..why don't you just put all the shot material from last time on this next part as bonus content??
I agree, blu-ray it.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #117
Powder
So tired of this place

...& DVD it, for those of us who don't move with the times.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:44 AM   #118
RaphaelsIsolation
Hench Mutant

For me, I'd be very interested in the Volume 2 comics up through the Eastman Sale which was like 99 right?

I want to know that dead era. TMNT mania has definitely dropped around 1994ish or so. Image stuff would be cool. Just more stuff from the 1994-1999 era or something? And please don't spend a lot of time on that horrible Next Mutation era.

I would just love to get more details behind Eastman/Laird and the same that went down and just stuff like that.
RaphaelsIsolation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:52 AM   #119
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelsIsolation View Post
For me, I'd be very interested in the Volume 2 comics up through the Eastman Sale which was like 99 right?

I want to know that dead era. TMNT mania has definitely dropped around 1994ish or so. Image stuff would be cool. Just more stuff from the 1994-1999 era or something? And please don't spend a lot of time on that horrible Next Mutation era.

I would just love to get more details behind Eastman/Laird and the same that went down and just stuff like that.
The Next Mutation is within the era you want to know more about.

Eastman sale was finalized on December 8th,2000. Several months later volume 4 kick started with Laird and Lawson. There is the Ring of Green and the founding of The Technodrome. I really thought TMNT was dead there for awhile in that four and half year period. It was during those awkward middle school years too.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:43 AM   #120
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist

That is roughly where we are focusing, that era of the down time and then moving into the new boom we are still experiencing today. We got some great new stuff about those years and stories from Kevin on this last round of filming. We are still planning on heading East to see Peter again for this film as well.

The reasons we have been so quiet on social media and on here these days is that sadly our studio burnt down a few weeks ago. Now before anyone worries that we lost any content, we take all the necessary precautions to insure content is spread out between different physical locations. That and the control room did not burn, only the main area where all the gear and sets are stored. There was a lot of smoke damage to the electronics however, so we are working very hard to back those up and start re-building again.

I have also jumped head-first into the post process on our He-Man documentary, which should be coming out soon I believe, I really need to hurry up and get that edit done! We should be following that up with the finishing on Turtle Power II if all goes as planned. Thanks everyone for staying with us and giving us your thoughts and feedback, it is much appreciated!

Tags
turtle power ii