The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

View Poll Results: If someone commits a felony, should the go to prison?
Absolutely. Criminals must be punished. 8 88.89%
No. I am against punishment for proven felons. 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2018, 03:40 PM   #21
The Deadman
Foot Elite

I like how people are flipping out because the shutdown with Trump in office when there were several with Obama in office.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 04:35 PM   #22
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well... that he refused to sign one bill the senate passed that would have funded the government for a bit more and avoid this shut down, all because his wall wasn't in it, and said he'd be proud to shutdown if it isn't...to be fair, most shutdowns don't normally seem this petty. I see no reason to flip out, but yeah, such pettiness prob shouldn't slide without being called out some. It's not like this was the last chance for his wall.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:56 PM   #23
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Thats a little far stretch and we have by no means surrendered to ISIS. We withdrew from Syria........ We still perform operations within the region to combat ISIS.
Oh, so it was a tactical retreat that gave our enemies the upper hand? That sounds a lot more pleasing.

Quote:
Also he is not solely responsible for the government shutdown.... He is not even directly responsible.
Oh?

Quote:
Congress could not agree on a budget.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/19/p...all/index.html

Congress agreed on a budget to ensure the government stay open until February. Trump refused to sign it, since it didn't include funding for the wall.

Here he is saying it's totally his fault.

Here he is again telling people that the President is always at fault for shutdowns, and should be fired for them.

Quote:
I blame trump for not being the leader he claims he is. He also famously said that it is the president's job to lead by example, bring both parties together to prevent the government shutdown.
That's called a con. He's going to continue this way until the problem is dealt with by outside and more competent political figures.

Quote:
Clinton broke many laws and regulations with her email scandal. She was improperly leaking classified emails. What makes it worse is that the Prosecutor was but friend with the Clinton's and met with Bill Clinton while all this going, many people think the Clinton's used their political pull to prevent her from going to jail or from even getting in trouble.
You say below that you'll wait for Trump to stand trial before you cast judgment. That's a fair and even handed thing to do.

The Clinton investigations have been going on for ages, and there's plenty of powerful opponents who would've loved to have her disgraced. As far as the courts are concerned, she's innocent.

If we use the courts as a metric for judging character, Clinton is currently as clean as Trump is. That's what the courts decided. If we don't believe that, why not cast judgment on Trump, too?

Quote:
While I do think Clinton should have been reprimanded for breaking the laws/regulation in regards with the email scandal. I don't believe she should have been jailed for the incident.
Which crimes are we talking about here? I'm familiar with the murder accusations and the Benghazi fiasco, but beyond that I lost track of the other nefarious deeds she's attached to.

Quote:
As for Trump they keep saying he has commit a felony I am still waiting for an indictment. If he has committed a felony he needs to be trialed, convicted, punished and impeached. There is absolutely no reason he should not be indicted if they have the evidence. Not even the president is above the law and should be held to a higher standard if anything.
This is a fair point.

The problem is that impartiality requires us to swallow bitter pills.

I'm no fan of Clinton. If she's a criminal, then she should certainly be reprimanded to the fullest extent of the law.

She lost the election. She ran a terrible campaign.

She's wholly unlikable.

But if she's not considered guilty by the courts, then either she gamed the system way better than Trump has or she's actually innocent.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:08 PM   #24
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
I like how people are flipping out because the shutdown with Trump in office when there were several with Obama in office.
There was only one Shutdown when Obama was in Office it was October 1, 2013 over the ACA 16 days it went for than it ended. ��

Trump has had 3 government shutdowns this year.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 12-26-2018 at 10:21 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:02 AM   #25
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Oh, so it was a tactical retreat that gave our enemies the upper hand? That sounds a lot more pleasing.

Oh?

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/12/19/p...all/index.html

Congress agreed on a budget to ensure the government stay open until February. Trump refused to sign it, since it didn't include funding for the wall.

Here he is saying it's totally his fault.

Here he is again telling people that the President is always at fault for shutdowns, and should be fired for them.

That's called a con. He's going to continue this way until the problem is dealt with by outside and more competent political figures.

You say below that you'll wait for Trump to stand trial before you cast judgment. That's a fair and even handed thing to do.

The Clinton investigations have been going on for ages, and there's plenty of powerful opponents who would've loved to have her disgraced. As far as the courts are concerned, she's innocent.

If we use the courts as a metric for judging character, Clinton is currently as clean as Trump is. That's what the courts decided. If we don't believe that, why not cast judgment on Trump, too?

Which crimes are we talking about here? I'm familiar with the murder accusations and the Benghazi fiasco, but beyond that I lost track of the other nefarious deeds she's attached to.

This is a fair point.

The problem is that impartiality requires us to swallow bitter pills.

I'm no fan of Clinton. If she's a criminal, then she should certainly be reprimanded to the fullest extent of the law.

She lost the election. She ran a terrible campaign.

She's wholly unlikable.

But if she's not considered guilty by the courts, then either she gamed the system way better than Trump has or she's actually innocent.
Unless I miss read that Voltron, thats not agreeing on a budget... That is extending the current budget.

I am glad you pointed BC I was wrong in the regards of him being directly responsible. If he had signed the bill that would have pushed the budget deadline back to February the government would still be open so He is directly responsible.

But the scandal I was talking about with Hillary Clinton is her email scandal. She was purposefully sending classified emails/documents using her private email from home. FBI investigated and found her guilty of breaking several laws/regulations by doing this. FBI recommended that no charges should be brought against and called reckless and irresponsible. This was the scandal I was referring to.
-I thought she should have faced some sort of reprimand or punishment for it, but not Jail time or any serious charges like Trump and other wanted.
-I was also angry bc of the lack of transparency in regards to AG who were very close to the Clinton's and Bill Clinton met with the AG privately. (It just made me wonder.... But they could have been catching up for all we know. I just thought it was a little suspicious.)

The reason I wait on Trump is bc Muller has not come out and revealed what he has found on trump or what evidence he has against him. The FBI came out and laid out what crime she committed and how and when she did it. Thats the difference for me. When Muller comes out and shows us what he has or even the crime he committed then I will cast judgement. Muller has said Trump committed a felony, but has not said what the felony is even.

As far as Benghazi I thought she was just incompetent and maybe should have resigned, its hard to say how much she knew. The biggest problem I had with that incident was the fact that they were trying to portray the incident as a protest gone bad instead of a full out terrorist attack.

But lastly yes I do agree trump is a hypocrite in regards to what he has said in the past and what he is saying and doing now.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 01:30 AM   #26
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Thank you for being honest and open. It's difficult to discuss politics with people who don't resort to "whataboutism" to cloud the discussion.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:16 PM   #27
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Trump took office is the state of the stock market, and that is wholeheartedly the fault of the fed.
How is it the fault of the Fed? I'm guessing you are not familiar with how the Federal Reserve operates or the economic policies that Trump put into effect have on the economy in the short/long term. I don't mean to come off elitist or to favor any political side but you are wrong on this one. For a super brief explanation the Fed's job is to prevent any economic crisis that may arise and it takes many variables into account, we had already been in a bull market for a long time and the measures implemented after the recession needed to end eventually, it was long overdue. The economic policies put in place affected this with more spending which in this case is not what the economy needs so interest rates need to adjust accordingly and in fact they're really still lower than what they'd essentially need to be. What happens if the Fed doesn't take these actions? The economy would be in big trouble, hence the role of the Fed to take this into account.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote