The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 01-15-2019, 11:49 AM   #841
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger_eater! View Post
Ah ok so we’re looking at more an error or test item and not a full production. I know the slam dunk Don was released with white jersey w/ orange accessories and a European version with blue accessories so though this may have been similar to that. I personally have never seen this variant before so was surprised when I acquired it. Thanks again.
It was no problem at all. I last saw the 1993 Halfcourt figure with regular accessories at a Kay Bee Toy store in the mall in early 1995. Slam Dunk Don, on the other hand, was one of the most popular turtle variants in the original line, obviously. I even saw an incomplete 5 inch Slam Dunk Don in the red jersey at a children’s museum once in a clear plastic display case. The 1991 Donatello variant was in the middle of two other Turtles figures of which I do not remember had accessories with them or not.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:30 PM   #842
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Just asking out of curiosity sake, but anyone have any info on the two different paint apps of the Lieutenant Leonardo? (Not including the 'Classics' remake, of course.)

I assume they're about equally as common(?) since eBay always seems to have them both, but between the brown paint app on the camo or the tan, goes anyone know which one was first before it changed?

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 08:41 PM   #843
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

I remember buying this figure the first time I saw it, and mine is the lighter color. My friend, who got it later, had the darker color. But perhaps that's only coincidence and doesn't actually answer your question.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:19 PM   #844
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That could very well be it, thanks!
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:45 PM   #845
Leo656
The Franchise

That would make the most sense, to me. Like, the first run didn't come out quite right and they decided to fix it.

The brown on the "camo" is so light that it hardly seems like it was intentional. My guess is, it's a corrected mistake.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:41 AM   #846
joefsas
Stone Warrior

Hey guys,
I finally got my Diamond select 'The real ghostbusters' figures at the weekend but I'm having a really hard time getting them to stand up. My shelves are high off the ground and don't want to risk them falling off.
The only stands I can see on eBay are for either Neca figures, or small Star wars figures.
Will the pegs be the same size or does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks
Old 01-21-2019, 07:03 AM   #847
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefsas View Post
Hey guys,
I finally got my Diamond select 'The real ghostbusters' figures at the weekend but I'm having a really hard time getting them to stand up. My shelves are high off the ground and don't want to risk them falling off.
The only stands I can see on eBay are for either Neca figures, or small Star wars figures.

Thanks
There are a few different sized peg holes that seem to be commonly used by the various companies. So there is a good chance that the stands from another line will work. But first you will want to confirm what size peg holes your figures have.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 07:14 AM   #848
joefsas
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
There are a few different sized peg holes that seem to be commonly used by the various companies. So there is a good chance that the stands from another line will work. But first you will want to confirm what size peg holes your figures have.
Is it as simple as just measuring it? I'd have thought it would only be a few millimetres...
I have the bootleg Neca 'comic' turtles at home. I'll see if they're of a similar size when I get home.

Thanks tmntman
Old 02-07-2019, 08:47 AM   #849
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

What is going on with Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Foot Lieutenant Action Figure and Albearto? Can someone shed light? Is it another Muckman small release or just an early wave 2 and people are over excited?
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:41 PM   #850
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaynomics930 View Post
What is going on with Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Foot Lieutenant Action Figure and Albearto? Can someone shed light? Is it another Muckman small release or just an early wave 2 and people are over excited?
They are part of a new assortment that was timed to hit stores after Christmas. That is a time when restocks of toys tends to be very hit or miss. Many stores may be preparing for inventory and just not restocking in the mean time as well.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:40 PM   #851
funkyg773
Foot Soldier

Playmates Line Prices

I've been away from TMNT collecting for a while and noticed price spikes of 10x on some of the medium-rare toys in the Playmates line (warrior line, cloth coat undercover) while more popular figures (softhead and movie turtles) have stagnated over the last 2 years.

I am trying to decide if I should sell some of the higher prices turtles in my collection or if everyone thinks prices will continue to rise on rarer turtles?

(Specifically Tyranno Shredder ~$250, White Dunkin Don ~200, Winged Warrior Don ~$125)

Life Lacking of Anchovies,

Greg
funkyg773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:09 PM   #852
Shogun26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyg773 View Post
I've been away from TMNT collecting for a while and noticed price spikes of 10x on some of the medium-rare toys in the Playmates line (warrior line, cloth coat undercover) while more popular figures (softhead and movie turtles) have stagnated over the last 2 years.

I am trying to decide if I should sell some of the higher prices turtles in my collection or if everyone thinks prices will continue to rise on rarer turtles?

(Specifically Tyranno Shredder ~$250, White Dunkin Don ~200, Winged Warrior Don ~$125)
I'd sell while they're hot if you were going to sell anyway. I wouldn't sell just because they are high and then later on you regretting your choice.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:00 AM   #853
Vintage
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun26 View Post
I'd sell while they're hot if you were going to sell anyway. I wouldn't sell just because they are high and then later on you regretting your choice.
At first I was thinking maybe he should hold on to them, but your right sell them while they are hot!!! How much longer do we have to wait when we can sell all soft heads for 1k each. It's been 30 plus years. How much longer should we wait? How long will it take? 60 yrs ?
Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:32 AM   #854
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
At first I was thinking maybe he should hold on to them, but your right sell them while they are hot!!! How much longer do we have to wait when we can sell all soft heads for 1k each. It's been 30 plus years. How much longer should we wait? How long will it take? 60 yrs ?
That’ll never happen with the soft heads ever.🤣
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:58 AM   #855
Vintage
Random Punk

Action Figure Grading Case

Does anyone know where to get a case that toy graders use to put in a graded TMNT action figure? Or something very similar? I never had a TMNT action figure graded but I'm assuming they use a case most suitable to not allow damage to the figure

Last edited by Vintage; 04-18-2019 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Major Error
Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:12 PM   #856
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefsas View Post
Hey guys,

Thanks
Just a FYI, but I have had NECA figures tip over with the NECA stand still attached to their foot.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:55 PM   #857
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Just a FYI, but I have had NECA figures tip over with the NECA stand still attached to their foot.
What about stands for 2K3 figs? Amy stands from other toys/collection that can be good for 2K3 toys? Cheers!
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:46 AM   #858
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

I think this was rereleased as part of the classic collection and that’s why it’s lacking in paint apps. The one on the right is the rerelease I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Just asking out of curiosity sake, but anyone have any info on the two different paint apps of the Lieutenant Leonardo? (Not including the 'Classics' remake, of course.)

I assume they're about equally as common(?) since eBay always seems to have them both, but between the brown paint app on the camo or the tan, goes anyone know which one was first before it changed?

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/bVEAA...EoO/s-l400.jpg https://i.imgur.com/NlVl2Zh.jpg?1
Old 04-19-2019, 08:24 AM   #859
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
I think this was rereleased as part of the classic collection and that’s why it’s lacking in paint apps. The one on the right is the rerelease I think.
No, the Classic Collection Military Leo lacks camo paint completely on his legs and no painted L's on the dog tags

Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 11:58 AM   #860
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
No, the Classic Collection Military Leo lacks camo paint completely on his legs and no painted L's on the dog tags

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/c3wAA...~V7/s-l640.jpg
So the lighter camo is just a variant?