The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-22-2003, 02:44 AM   #1
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Classic Episode Talkback Thread: Turtle Tracks

Okay, so I wanna try something out here... Alot of us still appreciate the old episodes, so I think it's time we try a talk back thread.

This week, The very first episode: Turtle Tracks!

please, no bashing of the series.

Edit:
Thanks Krang
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 04:21 AM   #2
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Well, I'm not a big fan of that series anymore but I can remember how I felt when I watched "Turtle Tracks" the first time. I was sooooo excited about the part when the Turtles fought that street gang but were not fully shown. There are also some good jokes in that ep (my favourite one is Raph's "Yeah, it's a trap!" quote) and the animation is even nowadays quite pretty. It wasn't the first TMNT episode I watched, I read the Archie adaption before I watched the rerun and I loved it! I think it's one of the best old TMNT-eps.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 06:25 AM   #3
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator

The first season of the old show is very good, even compared to cartoons of today. Turtle Tracks is very good opening episode, has nice action scenes and story. Same goes to whole 5 part miniseries.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 09:38 AM   #4
Jephael
That whack job behind you

I love watching this episode! My favorite part was when April kept getting the turtles confused (she clearly wasn't yet familair with the color coding)

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 10:06 AM   #5
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator

Yeah and the granny with machine gun is hilarious.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:11 AM   #6
Jephael

LOL, my cousin used to think that was supposed to be Shredder in disguise (I think it had something to do with those oddly colored stockings she was wearing)

www.jephael.com
Old 06-22-2003, 10:13 AM   #7
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator

Heh
Old 06-22-2003, 10:21 AM   #8
TheShredder
Banned

Wasn't that the last episode with the Technodrome!?
TheShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 10:25 AM   #9
Jephael

Actually, that was the same character in a return cameo at the end of the mini-series.

www.jephael.com
Old 06-22-2003, 02:50 PM   #10
Deathknight
Mad Scientist

Turtle Tracks was a very good opening episode. The fight in the sewer to introduce the TMNT was fricken awesome along with the battle on the rooftop. The only thing I really didn't like about the episode was the whole scene when they're in the security building where the foot soldiers are. I just found that scene rather long, boring, and annoying for some reason. Ironicly, the first time i saw TMNT was like 1989 and it was Turtle Tracks.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:52 PM   #11
J Legault
Mad Scientist

I found a website one time and got a download of the first episode. It took half a day to download. I watch it since I never seen all the episodes before. Since the series was like the other late 80's-early 90's style of action toons. When kids in the late 80's first see it when TMNT was still aired they would say it's cool since it was suitible for young viewers but today's action pack series are a little more improved over the years. I'm still waiting for a DVD that will have the original series on it. And when it does I'm sure I'll be an exspert on the old series pretty soon.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 10:09 PM   #12
Reznorite420
Banned

How can anyone forget the opening that's not in the aneurysm encode with April's news report and the scientist????

Professor: And look at this rope...[blah blah] ninjas! The ancient band of Japanese warriors!

April: And how can you tell that from the rope, Professor?

Professor: Well look for yourself! It's made in Japan!

The hilarious part is he doesn't even bother to untie the cop that's bound and gagged to that chair!
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 07:00 AM   #13
Nturtle
Ninja Master

I love that episode!!!! The first season was the best of all!!!!!!!

The animation was better than it would be for the rest of the series because it was being directed by this Japanesse studio guy who is well known for awesome fight animation, I can't remember the guy's name though...

The granny with the machine gun was hillarious, I also like it when Leo cuts the guy's table in half
Old 06-23-2003, 05:26 PM   #14
J Legault
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznorite420
How can anyone forget the opening that's not in the aneurysm encode with April's news report and the scientist????

Professor: And look at this rope...[blah blah] ninjas! The ancient band of Japanese warriors!

April: And how can you tell that from the rope, Professor?

Professor: Well look for yourself! It's made in Japan!

The hilarious part is he doesn't even bother to untie the cop that's bound and gagged to that chair!
I thought that was quite funny too. And there was the part when they were at the Ninja Pizza place. Pizza ninja/chef: Welcome to Ninja Pizza were the slice is nice.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:39 PM   #15
Nturtle
Ninja Master

heh, I used to think the Ninja pizza guy with the cloth covering his face was Shredder
Old 06-23-2003, 05:58 PM   #16
J Legault
Mad Scientist

Hmmmm
Old 06-23-2003, 08:25 PM   #17
Reznorite420
Banned

Nah...since it was Peter Renaday's voice (Splinter), couldn't have been.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 02:33 PM   #18
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

I actually just finished watching the miniseries about 5 minutes ago (it killed about an hour and a half).

THe first episode was very good, IMO. A great intro to all the characters. Splinter's exile from the Foot, though funny, was just plain silly. "Throw the bum out!"

But all the humour hit right on target and the action sequences were surprisingly well-choriographed. Toei was probably the best animations tudio in the 80's. They did practically EVERYTHING. Transformers, GI Joe, Real Ghostbusters, Tranzor Z, Gaiking and the list goes on.

I was also surprised by the violence of the miniseries. Much more violent then the later episodes.

I point to the scene where the TMNT are fighting the Foot Soldiers on the roof of the security building. At the point they were not aware that the soldiers were robots yet Leonardo goes for the kill with his sword. He hacks open his enemy's chest. THEN they find out that they're robots. I dunno, it sort of surprised me.

All in all the episode was a classic, the roof-top battle possibly being the best fight in the entire miniseries for the choreography, the quality animation and the direction overall.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 03:05 PM   #19
Peanut
Second Gear

Loved the ep. In fact....I think I'll go pop it into my VCR right now!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 03:13 PM   #20
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler
I actually just finished watching the miniseries about 5 minutes ago (it killed about an hour and a half).

THe first episode was very good, IMO. A great intro to all the characters. Splinter's exile from the Foot, though funny, was just plain silly. "Throw the bum out!"

But all the humour hit right on target and the action sequences were surprisingly well-choriographed. Toei was probably the best animations tudio in the 80's. They did practically EVERYTHING. Transformers, GI Joe, Real Ghostbusters, Tranzor Z, Gaiking and the list goes on.

I was also surprised by the violence of the miniseries. Much more violent then the later episodes.

I point to the scene where the TMNT are fighting the Foot Soldiers on the roof of the security building. At the point they were not aware that the soldiers were robots yet Leonardo goes for the kill with his sword. He hacks open his enemy's chest. THEN they find out that they're robots. I dunno, it sort of surprised me.

All in all the episode was a classic, the roof-top battle possibly being the best fight in the entire miniseries for the choreography, the quality animation and the direction overall.
Yes, this why the first season will always remain the best in the series. Action is better, animation is WAY better and so is the story. It has lot's of comedy in it, but the format is still more adventure and action than comedy. But gradually the show changed more and more to comedy, untill there was nothing left of the first season, except the Voice actors.

Tags
episode discussion, fred wolf series