The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #1
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Mutant Apocalypse: Alternate timeline?

Recently, I've been reading reviews/descriptions of the latest Nick tmnt episodes, and what stands out to me about the Mutant Apocalypse is that it is always described as an "alternate future" or "alternate timeline".

Is there any confirmation about this from the writers of the show? I always saw the Mutant Apocalypse as canon, and see no reason to exclude it from the rest of the series, so I find this term for describing it as confusing/puzzling.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
newfan
Mad Scientist

awh Fredwolf, oh no you didn't...
Meant to be canon I believe by the writers, alternate universe to those who see it that way due to various 'things not adding up' and also Nick call it a 'tale' (not canon) That is why you have found some confusion. I'm stepping away now LOL

Last edited by newfan; 12-22-2017 at 03:04 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:41 PM   #3
Tarris Vaal
Stone Warrior

Yeah this does seem to be a bit of a can of worms.

Its one of those pecularities I think. Possibly a disparity between the staff at Nick studios and the writers for Nick TMNT.

Essentially, it was written to be intended as a canon finale for the Nick TMNT. However, that original intention seems to have waned a bit - with most of the subsequent marketing describing it as 'alternate'.

The honest answer is *shrug*

As Newfan noted, its a bit of a sore topic for many fans it seems. Some see it as being the intended conclusion - others find it such a strange way to end the series that its simply easier to think of it as non canon and an 'alternate future'.

Take it as you will I guess.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...the-sedisverse
Tarris Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's canon. It's the intended future. Maybe if the Nick show is revisited in a movie a few years from now, they can do a crazy time travel adventure with Renet and Fugitoid to go back in time and stop the mutagen bomb from going off....but if that never happens than this is it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:02 PM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

It's canon. Period. Some fans are just butthurt & spinning a theory to spare themselves the babyrage.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:50 PM   #6
newhire13
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's canon. Period. Some fans are just butthurt & spinning a theory to spare themselves the babyrage.
This. Deny all you’d like but this is how the story goes folks.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:04 PM   #7
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It's not an alternate future until it's been altered, this was it. It even ends on a hopeful open ended conclusion, so the butthurtness of some is a bit eye rolling.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 03:05 PM   #8
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Someone who worked on the show said it can be seen as either while word of god has said yes.

Then again, Nick owns the show so whatever Nick may say is the true canon, as far as we know until Nick says otherwise it's meant to be canon since it aired and there were no indicators that it was an alternate timeline or anything of the like. People who say it shouldn't is because they don't want it to be but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Bitter sweet.

Word of God always loses to whoever owns the story, creators come and go but franchises continue, so whatever Nick decides would be the real deal. Now, Nick hasn't said anything so it's basically them giving their blessing on whatever word of god said, if it somehow changed then yeah, but it hasn't so far.

Last edited by sdp; 06-18-2023 at 04:07 PM.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:50 PM   #9
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Recently, I've been reading reviews/descriptions of the latest Nick tmnt episodes, and what stands out to me about the Mutant Apocalypse is that it is always described as an "alternate future" or "alternate timeline".

Is there any confirmation about this from the writers of the show? I always saw the Mutant Apocalypse as canon, and see no reason to exclude it from the rest of the series, so I find this term for describing it as confusing/puzzling.
It's up to you really, the creator of the show says it's the end of this show and it's canon, Nick is too yellow to have it end in such a dark and sad note and says it's just a possible future for the boys going to great lenghts to make it seem so by changing the airing order so little kids can have a happy ending with the crossover instead.

In other words is Word of God against Word of a couple of suits that only care about money and ratings.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:02 PM   #10
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Why is there so much talk about "The Word of God"?

It has nothing to do with this topic.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 06:36 PM   #11
matteso586
Stone Warrior

Mutant Apocalypse being an alternate timeline? That's what Nickelodeon and some of the staff said.
matteso586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 06:56 PM   #12
victory_angel
Foot Elite

In one of the news articles about season five they discribed one of the arcs as a “Possible Future” for the TMNT. The event takes place quite a few years into the future when the Turtles are well into their adulthood while the Turtles when they complete the Usagi arc are about 19 years nearly 20 years old.

So it largly depends on how you view it personally. If this is how you believe their future happened, then this is their future. However if you don’t like this future, then this future never happened and you can come to your own conclusion as to what happened to the awesome foursome.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:23 PM   #13
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
In one of the news articles about season five they discribed one of the arcs as a “Possible Future” for the TMNT. The event takes place quite a few years into the future when the Turtles are well into their adulthood while the Turtles when they complete the Usagi arc are about 19 years nearly 20 years old.

So it largly depends on how you view it personally. If this is how you believe their future happened, then this is their future. However if you don’t like this future, then this future never happened and you can come to your own conclusion as to what happened to the awesome foursome.
That future will happen no matter what, I remember in the Archie Series comic, Future Raph warned his younger self about losing Ninjara, but he still ended up losing her either way, so I guess there future was still gonna become the one in that story arc.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:51 PM   #14
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Why is there so much talk about "The Word of God"?

It has nothing to do with this topic.
"Word of god" refers to the show creators and writers, very much to do with the topic.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:56 PM   #15
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Word of God always loses to whoever owns the story, creators come and go but franchises continue, so whatever Nick decides would be the real deal. Now, Nick hasn't said anything so it's basically them giving their blessing on whatever word of god said, if it somehow changed then yeah, but it hasn't so far.
For this particular example it doesn't, right now Ciro has the upper hand, now if down the line Nick makes a continuation that directly contradicts the finale then yes, Nick has the final say, but right now, with the way things are, this is these Turtles future and the series finale, no ifs nor buts.
Old 12-24-2017, 07:30 PM   #16
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
That's what I said.
Yeah, kinda noticed that AFTER I posted it lol sorry about that
Old 12-22-2017, 09:00 PM   #17
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

It’s really up to interpretation. There’s evidence for, and against it being canon.
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:05 AM   #18
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

It is definitely a better finale than "The Big Blowout". Some just want TMNT to end on happy fun times. Apparently Nick does.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:57 AM   #19
newfan
Mad Scientist

I imagine Nicks reason is that this is kids show, they may have considered that young children probably don't want the last they see of their hero's to be them looking like that, instead remember them as they've known them.

As for your point about the Big Blow out, yeah.. I felt that was a triumph for Bebop and Rocksteady rather than the turtles. If the order was going to be changed to finish up with something more triumphant with everyone in it I think the first arc would have been better... but this was a last minute decision I think?

Last edited by newfan; 12-23-2017 at 05:19 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:18 AM   #20
neatoman
Emperor

It was a Matrix style trick by Baxter Stockman to get revenge for his restoration. He got pissed when it didn't work, brought them out of it, they kicked his ass and resumed business as usual.

... What? It's not less plausible than anything that actually happens in the show. Did you think they made a million illusion/hallucination episodes just because?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote