The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-21-2017, 11:58 AM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Even if this was completely canon I can't believe you'd pull out a pre-New 52 story to insist is still in current canon. Unless it's been referenced sometime after Flashpoint nobody should assume it is.
Go and read the brand new "Bane: Conquest" maxi-series that's being published right now, written by the same guy (Chuck Dixon) and drawn by the same guy (Graham Nolan). "Bane of the Demon" and "Legacy" absolutely still happened.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 12:19 PM   #22
AquaParade
Banned

Speaking of crossover's, I've always wanted to read Batman vs Predator and Frank miller's Robocop vs Terminator.

I'm glad this series is going strong. If they collect both volumes in a hardcover at some point I'll likely read them both.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:02 PM   #23
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Go and read the brand new "Bane: Conquest" maxi-series that's being published right now, written by the same guy (Chuck Dixon) and drawn by the same guy (Graham Nolan). "Bane of the Demon" and "Legacy" absolutely still happened.
I am reading it. I don't remember a single reference to those older stories. If they did and I missed it, I withdraw that portion of the statement.

The point of nobody being able to keep track of continuity, even the original authors of a piece, still stands.

Last edited by Ninjinister; 12-21-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:41 PM   #24
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Speaking of crossover's, I've always wanted to read Batman vs Predator and Frank miller's Robocop vs Terminator.
Both of those are great, btw. RoboCop vs. Terminator is maybe a little irreverent and jokey, but it's befitting of the RoboCop universe and 100% delivers on its premise.

Batman vs. Predator is just all sorts of badass and an all-time favorite of mine. One of my favorite stories from Chuck Dixon. Batman vs. Predator II is alright, as well. Haven't read III, though.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:09 PM   #25
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Oh look, Donnie still sucks.

I really hate this mini-series. It'd be fine if it weren't for the Donatello bashing. I've missed Bebop and Rocksteady.
THIS. Enough picking on Donatello already. It's getting real old, writers. Real old. I'm so sick of seeing the other three Turtles pal out while Donnie gets the crud end of the stick in IDW.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #26
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Both of those are great, btw. RoboCop vs. Terminator is maybe a little irreverent and jokey, but it's befitting of the RoboCop universe and 100% delivers on its premise.

Batman vs. Predator is just all sorts of badass and an all-time favorite of mine. One of my favorite stories from Chuck Dixon. Batman vs. Predator II is alright, as well. Haven't read III, though.
Speaking of the Predator comics, how likely is it that Disney will just hand that license to Marvel like they did with Star Wars? And if so, what are the hopes for reprints of the Batman crossover?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
THIS. Enough picking on Donatello already. It's getting real old, writers. Real old. I'm so sick of seeing the other three Turtles pal out while Donnie gets the crud end of the stick in IDW.
In the main series Don doesn't get treated any differently than the others.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:56 PM   #28
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Speaking of the Predator comics, how likely is it that Disney will just hand that license to Marvel like they did with Star Wars?
Well, by the looks of things, Disney doesn't seem to trust Star Wars with Marvel so much anymore. IDW has been publishing Star Wars books recently. In fact, a lot of Disney licenses have been farmed out to other publishers instead of Marvel (IDW, Archie, Fantagraphics, Joe Books). So if any comics are done with the Predator license now that Disney owns it, there's a chance it won't be through Marvel.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:05 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Well, by the looks of things, Disney doesn't seem to trust Star Wars with Marvel so much anymore. IDW has been publishing Star Wars books recently. In fact, a lot of Disney licenses have been farmed out to other publishers instead of Marvel (IDW, Archie, Fantagraphics, Joe Books). So if any comics are done with the Predator license now that Disney owns it, there's a chance it won't be through Marvel.
There's a scary thought for Dark Horse. Losing Star Wars was one thing... but Aliens and Predator, too?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:14 PM   #30
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
There's a scary thought for Dark Horse. Losing Star Wars was one thing... but Aliens and Predator, too?
Dark Horse editors and writers sit around the campfire saying...

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:37 PM   #31
oldmanwinters
Overlord

This issue felt like a very quick read.

I'm not familiar enough with contemporary Batman books to know if Damian's -TT- is a staple habit of his character. How is it supposed to be pronounced?

One little fun bit of character development for April...
Spoiler:
She's doing "spy" stuff of a recon nature, which is what she resolved to be way back in the April Micro-Issue, but it's a trait rarely seen in the main ongoing. She said she spent about a year sneaking around on the Shredder... which would be really impressive if she's able to spy on a ninja master with a legion of footsoliders and presumably tight security. And I appreciated that when Batman requested a zoomed in shot of Bane's tank that it actually looked pixelated (sorta) instead of ultra-high res like you always see in TV and movies.

View my sketch work!
Old 12-22-2017, 11:09 PM   #32
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
This issue felt like a very quick read.

I'm not familiar enough with contemporary Batman books to know if Damian's -TT- is a staple habit of his character. How is it supposed to be pronounced?

One little fun bit of character development for April...
Spoiler:
She's doing "spy" stuff of a recon nature, which is what she resolved to be way back in the April Micro-Issue, but it's a trait rarely seen in the main ongoing. She said she spent about a year sneaking around on the Shredder... which would be really impressive if she's able to spy on a ninja master with a legion of footsoliders and presumably tight security. And I appreciated that when Batman requested a zoomed in shot of Bane's tank that it actually looked pixelated (sorta) instead of ultra-high res like you always see in TV and movies.
Damian's "tt" is basically him blowing you off or disregarding your opinion and basically its suppose to be a soft "t" like the "t" in the word "to" I could be mistaken though haha this is just my interpretation.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:04 AM   #33
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Damian's "tt" is basically him blowing you off or disregarding your opinion and basically its suppose to be a soft "t" like the "t" in the word "to" I could be mistaken though haha this is just my interpretation.
Oh, okay, so it's the familiar sound most people would make when they are being condescending in real life. The first time I saw it in the comic, I thought it might be the radio static sound.... or a shout-out to the Teen Titans.

View my sketch work!
Old 12-24-2017, 03:57 PM   #34
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Here's my full summary and review of Batman/TMNT II #2 at TMNT Entity.

I admit, I'm making a lot of assumptions about the storyline and how it will progress, but much of it seems kind of telegraphed. And Donnie being reduced to a pouting weakling and Bane going back to being a Venom addict comes off as character regression that doesn't suit either of them.

We'll see how things progress; the mini still has plenty of time to surprise me.
Old 12-25-2017, 03:30 PM   #35
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

Freddie Williams art is eye popping enough to make up for the terrible narrative
Old 12-25-2017, 04:07 PM   #36
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
Freddie Williams art is eye popping enough to make up for the terrible narrative
Yeah, I still hope the story improves though
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote