The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-08-2018, 02:04 PM   #21
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Well, I mean I didn't dislike the art overall there was just a part or two that looked off to me.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:02 AM   #22
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
Back up was great. Main issue was garbage. The art wasn't good, the kids didn't look right, poor Don looked awful, and the writing and story as a whole didn't belong...it made the Turtles look like idiots...shouldn't they be improving and getting smarter not the other way around.
Gotta say I agree. I'm the first guy to ask for slice of life issues but the bulk of this issue was not my cup of tea whatsoever. The back-up, however, I loved.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:38 AM   #23
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I don't think this issue made the Turtles look stupid, rather, I think we are supposed to accept the premise that they found themselves in an unexpected and unfortunate situation simply by chance, and had to adjust their plans accordingly. I liked the top-down and x-ray views, too, it was something new and it worked well for this story. My main issue was the children, who seemed off to me, and their mother, who was admittedly stressed but at I'll kinda came across as an asshole. But then I work with kids so maybe I'm just being too critical in that regard.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 06:55 AM   #24
Powder
So tired of this place

I accept the premise & think it had a lot of potential, but the execution didn't work for me.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:26 AM   #25
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Y'all had lowered my expectations so much regarding this issue that when I finally read it, I found it entirely nonoffensive, if perhaps inconsequential. Probably not the best value comic for $4.99, but I did find some charm in the distinct artistic direction, especially that page of the building where the three panels show the Turtles' various ill-fated escape "plans."

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 03:04 AM   #26
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Wow, I really liked the art of the main story instead! The plot itself was not so great, I agree on that.

Backup was really nice and touching.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:04 AM   #27
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Alright, I finally caught up with the last of my overdue summaries and reviews for the IDW comics I missed. Here they are at TMNT Entity:

TMNT Universe #16
TMNT Universe #17
TMNT Universe #18

I didn't dig "From the Heart, for the Herd" as much as I thought I would, but "Monster Hunt" was great. While I wouldn't want EVERY issue to be drawn in this style, it is a fun break from the norm. I dunno if there's a word for the aesthetic, but I really dig it. It kinda reminds me of David Aja, but better (unpopular opinion time!).

Allor's script was funny, too; he's good at doing both the bigger "epic" sort of stories like Utrom Empire and smaller one-shot comedies like this. I'm glad IDW keeps him on the braintrust with Waltz and Burnham.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 11:26 PM   #28
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

After some thinking, I might have figured out something that maybe could have saved the story. Maybe something along the lines of "Well, we're getting out of here just fine...buuuuuuut how about we take a minute to entertain those two kids that are itching to see some 'monsters?' They've had a bad couple of months, let's give them some levity"

Something to steer the story in a more "sweet" direction than "silly".