Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 07:02 AM   #621
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendamu View Post
Soooooo am I breaking the rules by owning Fred Wolf DVDs and Mirage hardcover books? I feel like I missed the part where I have to pick a side.
Nope, not at all! Well, maybe some on here would feel like you have to. In my case, I have found things to like in all the different incarnations. Of course, there are definitely ones that are better(and that I personally enjoy better), with Next Mutation and the BayTurtles being at the bottom.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:03 AM   #622
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Soooooo am I breaking the rules by owning Fred Wolf DVDs and Mirage hardcover books? I feel like I missed the part where I have to pick a side.
thing is you don't. but some folks think you do
Old 05-10-2017, 10:08 AM   #623
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Uh, what...?
Old 05-10-2017, 01:54 PM   #624
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Thaaaaaat's not how nostalgia works.
Tell it to SEGA
Old 05-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #625
CyberCubed
Overlord

I really do hope we get some reveal soon or at least some art. This place has gotten boring lately because the Nick cartoon is on constant hiatus/re-run breaks and we know nothing of this new show. It feels like we have nothing to talk about.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:47 PM   #626
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really do hope we get some reveal soon or at least some art. This place has gotten boring lately because the Nick cartoon is on constant hiatus/re-run breaks and we know nothing of this new show. It feels like we have nothing to talk about.
There's always something to talk about. Talk about other things that interest you that aren't TMNT related. Everything Else can help pass the time sometimes.

Either that or you've got too much time on your hands and need to cut down on your 'Drome time.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:39 AM   #627
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
There's always something to talk about. Talk about other things that interest you that aren't TMNT related. Everything Else can help pass the time sometimes.

Either that or you've got too much time on your hands and need to cut down on your 'Drome time.
Sadly, it seems that then no new series or comics are out, people tend to bash each other instead for liking various TMNT versions.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:56 AM   #628
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Sadly, it seems that then no new series or comics are out, people tend to bash each other instead for liking various TMNT versions.
You say that like folks here don't do that when there IS a new series or comic out.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:02 AM   #629
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
you don't say? ;o) lots of folks here are generally insulting just because they can be
Old 05-19-2017, 09:12 AM   #630
yohanc
Random Punk

Just know and read the article
It is sad to know that TMNT 2012 is going to end probably this year (On Season 5)
TMNT 2012 is still my fav TMNT version by far

Quote:
“The Turtles is a property that has reinvention in its DNA, which keeps it fresh and relevant to every new generation while satisfying the demand from its adult fans,” said Cyma Zarghami, president, Nickelodeon Group. “’Turtles’ has been an incredibly important franchise for us since we reignited it five years ago, and we’re excited for the new series to take the characters in a different direction with more humor, a younger and lighter feel and all-new dimensions to explore.
I really hope this one can reach the same level as the TMNT 2012 version, and I hope the show can be enjoyable for the adults too just like how the TMNT 2012 did it
Old 05-19-2017, 10:38 AM   #631
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
Years from now we're gonna look back and realize THIS (rise) is the real Nick TMNT and the 2012 series will just be "wtf were they thinking"
Let's hope so
Old 05-19-2017, 10:40 AM   #632
Vegita-San
Emperor

i feel like Rise is more what Nick WOULD have wanted, but somehow they got talked into doing a darker approach.

and tried to make a compromise by doing both dark AND Goofy potty humor. i have a feeling both are going to be a 'WTF Where they thinking' series...
Old 05-19-2017, 11:41 AM   #633
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
Years from now we're gonna look back and realize THIS (rise) is the real Nick TMNT and the 2012 series will just be "wtf were they thinking"
What on earth? This 2018 show sounds to be a more comedic and or parody like approach similar to Teen Titans Go, while the Nick cartoon was a proper action/comedy cartoon. Granted we could all be wrong, the 2018 show could be excellent, but as of right now we have a description saying it will be, "Lighter and funnier where the Turtles battle mutants in NYC" which doesn't sound much different than what we have now.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:50 AM   #634
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
i feel like Rise is more what Nick WOULD have wanted, but somehow they got talked into doing a darker approach.
Might be spot on.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:32 PM   #635
CyberCubed
Overlord

I fully expect Rise to be a lot sillier and goofier than the current Nick cartoon. I'd love to be proven wrong, but since it's in 2D I think it'll look similar to the current CN and Nick comedy shows with those thick outlines and flat paper-thin look they use for most of their shows.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:38 PM   #636
neatoman
Emperor

Didn't Ciro explain that the network wanted a straight up sitcom in the first place?
Hahahaha!
Old 05-19-2017, 01:40 PM   #637
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

To me it sounds like this show will be going for the cutesy look unlike the past shows, judging by its description and how similar it sounds to half shell heroes.

For a full tmnt show, thats a first. Outside of Half Shell heroes, none of the shows have gone for the 'adorable yet awesome' style except for maybe Nick Mikey.

If they do that kind of thing, I hope they do in the style more remniscent of shows like mlp fim which is cute yet is still has an overall story/arcs with conflicts instead of a sitcom like teen titans go.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:42 PM   #638
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
To me it sounds like this show will be going for the cutesy look unlike the past shows, judging by its description and how similar it sounds to half shell heroes.

For a full tmnt show, thats a first. Outside of Half Shell heroes, none of the shows have gone for the 'adorable yet awesome' style except for maybe Nick Mikey.
I definitely expect it to be similar to that. I'm honestly more surprised Half-Shell heroes didn't get its own show since it already has a toyline.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:49 PM   #639
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I definitely expect it to be similar to that. I'm honestly more surprised Half-Shell heroes didn't get its own show since it already has a toyline.
I wouldnt be surprised if Rise turns out to be 90% like half shell heroes in terms of tone and animation. I dont dislike it though, im quite welcoming of this style.

This show could possibly be even better than the one before it or even create the next big turtlemania, who knows?
Old 05-19-2017, 02:44 PM   #640
snake
Disgusting

I'm still thankful we got Nick. It wasn't perfect, but a decent action show is better than no action show.

Some episodes are perfect.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters