The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 01-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #41
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
He was emotional and arguably always had those feeling about April. She is the one that wanted him to grow up. To me Gabrielle (as messed up as this is gonna sound) was only there to help Casey grow up. Without his experience with Gabrielle he would never have been able to be ina real relationship with April.
As fro Eastman thinking Karai was Saki's daughter, meh. It happens. I also find it kind of odd/ funny that the only other incarnations that showed Karai as Shred's equal or Superior were The videogames and the 2007 movie, which was amazing.
I don't think I've quite thought of Gabrielle's role like that before. It's been some time since I read those books, so I always just thought of her as a delivery method for Shadow to enter the story.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #42
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Yes, let's throw all logic out the window and say a 35-ish man can have a, if not adult, then a young adult granddaughter.
It was a joke, and it was also a loose reference to how all other continuities make her Shredder's daughter. Also a remark on how ifone of the co-creators thinks a concept is good enough for Turtles, that gives it a lot of weight to me.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #43
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Not all, she's a grand (insert several grands) daughter in IDW.

Given Kevin hasn't worked on Mirage for a long time, I doubt he referring Karai as Shredders daughter is intentional.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:42 AM   #44
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Not all, she's a grand (insert several grands) daughter in IDW.

Given Kevin hasn't worked on Mirage for a long time, I doubt he referring Karai as Shredders daughter is intentional.
*sigh* FIIIIINE! I meant descendant/adopted daughter/however you want to nitpick it. Every other version besides Mirage has had a familial connection, and made her subservient to Shredder. Only in Mirage, where she was- in my view- as bland as carboard, did she stand on her own.

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:44 PM   #45
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yes & no. When you actually break it down, technically, she's still never been his daughter. In 2k3 Shredder was an utrom dressed as a man who took her in, in the Nick toon he stole her from Yoshi as a child, and in IDW he's actually her great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather or something. Pretty funny actually.
That's a really good point. I was pretty weirded out/confused by the comment when I read it too.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:08 PM   #46
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
*sigh* FIIIIINE! I meant descendant/adopted daughter/however you want to nitpick it. Every other version besides Mirage has had a familial connection, and made her subservient to Shredder. Only in Mirage, where she was- in my view- as bland as carboard, did she stand on her own.
So your opinion aside, she only stands alone... in the source material. Good enough for me.

Though it's not entirely clear if she was either containing a familial connection to Saki or subservient to him in the fourth movie, though as much as she was worried about him coming back and all that it's probably a fair bet at least the latter is a fair bet.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karai, kevin eastman