The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-15-2017, 04:02 PM   #61
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntsplinterfan1997 View Post
True that. Although the "Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady" arc would be more interesting if the turtles would bring April & Casey along to meet the 1987 turtles.
If the Mighty Mutanimals are gonna meet the 80's characters, I see no reason why April and Casey shouldn't.

Heck, I'm really hoping that the 80's versions April and Casey Jones make an appearance. Renae Jacobs has appeared on the show before in season 3 and Pat Fraley is already appearing in the crossover as Krang so they do have access to the original voice actors for those characters.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:06 PM   #62
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
If the Mighty Mutanimals are gonna meet the 80's characters, I see no reason why April and Casey shouldn't.

Heck, I'm really hoping that the 80's versions April and Casey Jones make an appearance. Renae Jacobs has appeared on the show before in season 3 and Pat Fraley is already appearing in the crossover as Krang so they do have access to the original voice actors for those characters.
Yeah. Me too. And it should've been more interesting that Karai AND Shinigami meets the 1987 turtles too.

tmntsplinterfan1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:15 PM   #63
Guile
Banned

I only have the Rise of the Turtles DVD. I need to expand my DVD collection.
Guile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:22 PM   #64
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier

Well what does it have to do with the "Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady" arc?

Old 08-05-2017, 10:32 AM   #65
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier

http://gallery.wacom.com/gallery/551...TMNT-DVD-Cover

Check out the images in this site!

Old 08-05-2017, 10:42 AM   #66
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
None of the FW characters are depicted in those images, closest thing is the Technodrome and the outfits. Either makes me think they really were this lazy in making the models for FW Bebop and Rocksteady, or that the marketing department knew the last crossover was a dud and are playing that aspect down.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:45 AM   #67
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
None of the FW characters are depicted in those images, closest thing is the Technodrome and the outfits. Either makes me think they really were this lazy in making the models for FW Bebop and Rocksteady, or that the marketing department knew the last crossover was a dud and are playing that aspect down.
And also the sketching process of the DVD cover.

Old 08-05-2017, 11:17 AM   #68
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
The last crossover was a dud? Where do you pull this garbage from? It was very well received and was a single episode, what does that have anything to do with this?

Your bizarre conspiracy theories to downplay these crossover episodes is both absurd and laughable.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:30 AM   #69
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The last crossover was a dud? Where do you pull this garbage from? It was very well received and was a single episode, what does that have anything to do with this?

Your bizarre conspiracy theories to downplay these crossover episodes is both absurd and laughable.
Jesus Christ, calm your tits...

I'm simply making an observation and adding two (mostly) joking conclusions, no conspiracy theory here. As for calling it a dud, it didn't have an effect on the ratings, that's all I meant. It was clearly meant to boost interest and just didn't, it came and went.
Hahahaha!
Old 08-05-2017, 11:40 AM   #70
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I'm simply making an observation and adding two (mostly) joking conclusions, no conspiracy theory here. As for calling it a dud, it didn't have an effect on the ratings, that's all I meant. It was clearly meant to boost interest and just didn't, it came and went.
The ratings were the same as all the other Season 4 eps that were airing at the time. Most older fans (who would be familiar with the original show), watch the show online instead of on TV too, and you know online viewership doesn't count toward ratings.

You just seem to be going out of your way to claim the Nick staff is somehow "hiding" or "downplaying" the second crossover. When this is literally a big 3 part episode where they again brought back 4 old voice actors who don't work on the show regularly, and even went the extra mile to bring in Fred Wolf Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady in this one when the first only had Krang.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 11:43 AM   #71
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier

Quote:
The ratings were the same as all the other Season 4 eps that were airing at the time. Most older fans (who would be familiar with the original show), watch the show online instead of on TV too, and you know online viewership doesn't count toward ratings.

You just seem to be going out of your way to claim the Nick staff is somehow "hiding" or "downplaying" the second crossover. When this is literally a big 3 part episode where they again brought back 4 old voice actors who don't work on the show regularly, and even went the extra mile to bring in Fred Wolf Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady in this one when the first only had Krang.
Oh come on. Which Bebop and Rocksteady is which? Nickelodeon Bebop and Rocksteady or the Fred Wolf Bebop and Rocksteady?

Old 08-05-2017, 11:45 AM   #72
newfan
Mad Scientist

[QUOTE=CyberCubed;1704972]The ratings were the same as all the other Season 4 eps that were airing at the time. Most older fans (who would be familiar with the original show), watch the show online instead of on TV too, and you know online viewership doesn't count toward ratings.

Just curious, sorry to come off the subject...but ratings, does only watching live TV count towards ratings or does it include record or on demand?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:06 PM   #73
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post

Just curious, sorry to come off the subject...but ratings, does only watching live TV count towards ratings or does it include record or on demand?
Something tells me TV itself is the most important in addition to the merchandise sales from DVDs, VHS (before they became obsolete), and if a cartoon, likely action figures. Critical reception may also matter, but that's different.

The TV ratings you can find out a few days after an episode airs, but I can't really guess a subscription or on demand purchase.

As for merchandise, some shows have been canceled due to that. Young Justice is a big example: it was doing extremely well, but the toyline... not so much. Fan support did bring it back for a third season very soon (2018, I think). As for TMNT, a thread mentioned it being one of the top ten kid's properties; if it sells well, it could run on too, or get canceled depending.

The show had a good run length wise compared to most cartoons today; content wise, it mostly wasn't my cup of tea after season 1.

Last edited by GoldMutant; 08-05-2017 at 12:26 PM.
GoldMutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 12:19 PM   #74
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:

Cool it already, you're being needlessly aggressive over something I admitted was mostly a joke. They they didn't make these episodes because the last one did soooooooo well, they were probably mostly done with these before it even aired.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 08-05-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:23 PM   #75
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Cool it already, you're being needlessly aggressive over something I admitted was mostly a joke. They they didn't make these episodes because the last one did soooooooo well, they were probably mostly done with these before it ever aired.
There was even voice recording panel information of the second crossover leaked by Rob Paulsen himself before transdimensional turtles was even out. I wouldn't be surprised if the voice acting recordings for both crossovers happened at very close by, if not at the same time together.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:29 PM   #76
tmntsplinterfan1997
Foot Soldier

But still... I was hoping that April, Casey, Karai, Shinigami and the Mighty Mutanimals should appear in the "Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady" arc.

Old 08-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #77
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
But still... I was hoping that April, Casey, Karai, Shinigami and the Mighty Mutanimals should appear in the "Wanted: Bebop & Rocksteady" arc.
The Mighty Mutanimals are confirmed, and Im pretty sure we're getting April and Casey too as they appear in most episodes. Karai and Shinigami aren't the top on my priority list to meet the 80s characters, but I think it would be nice for them to appear as well.

Recently on the Talking Toons show, the voice actors for 80s Splinter and 80s April (Peter Reneday and Renae Jacobs) appeared. I wonder if thats a sign of hope that they could be in the crossover.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 08-05-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #78
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
As one of the episodes is The Foot Walks again I thought Karai may have a small part going up against those leading it as she is/was trying to lead it. Might they be at their limit on voice actors though?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:44 PM   #79
Vicky82
Emperor

I wonder if this arc is one of the most expensive they've done. If there is a lot of characters in it and have gone over budget, then that could be the reason why they are releasing it on DVD first, to get a profit out of it.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:50 PM   #80
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I wonder if this arc is one of the most expensive they've done. If there is a lot of characters in it and have gone over budget, then that could be the reason why they are releasing it on DVD first, to get a profit out of it.
I think the budget is partially balanced out by the 2D sequences, which I imagine are much cheaper to animate than the 3D ones.

Still, this multi-parters gonna be BIG. Here are all the characters will appear, not counting the one's likely to appear but not confirmed yet (e.g. April and Casey)

2012:
Leonardo
Donatello
Raphael
Michelangelo
Bebop
Rocksteady
Mighty Mutanimals

1987:
Leonardo
Donatello
Raphael