The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-16-2018, 10:21 AM   #21
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I do wonder if Kleve had a continued plan from his plan to assassinate Ma'riell.

Because Ch'rell would have to be informed of the situation, and I think that was part of his intent besides overthrowing her as their leader.
"Psst hey, the two Utroms you love most in the world are both dead. Why don't you do something about that?"
He'd have Ch'rell wrapped around his tentacle in a vengeful tirade and played like a fiddle.

It's pretty interesting that his goals involve and/or require causing pain to his preferred leader.

Maybe Kleve is a secretly a major villain after all .

But would he have had a plan if Ch'rell found out he orchestrated an assassination against his sister?

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 05-16-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:49 AM   #22
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

HAAHHAHA Now iam coming! I will create my new armor and become Utrom Shredder again!!!! MUHAHAHAAHAH
Old 05-16-2018, 01:06 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah this was a great two-parter. I'm surprised at the twist with the crops also, I'm glad the Triceraton/Utrom alliance isn't just going to be settled easily. Also loved how Donatello was written, unlike the Batman crossover where that writer had Don complain how weak and incompetent a fighter he is, in this issue Donatello talked about what a good fighter he is and used different tactics to win and outsmarted his opponents. This is how you write Donatello.

And after what...around 3 years of build-up...Ch'rell is finally awake. Of course let's just hope it doesn't take another 3 years for him to do something. Also anyone notice Kleve was in the bubble walker Krang used in the original cartoon?

Lastly the Leatherhead short was great. So first he was back on Burnow Island, killed a squid monster, and then went back to New York. I hope we see a lot more of him soon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:06 PM   #24
neatoman
Emperor

Nice to see Ch'rell up and crawling.

By the way, are we going to ignore the Hydra-Kraken?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 01:27 PM   #25
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Probably not much to say; I doubt another will show up again. Nor will Leatherhead's little seal friend

I've realized that it is good to see some of the sealife scattered around Burnow like the blue crabs. I'm pretty sure the Utroms were getting their food from the ocean, but it was nice to actually see there was stuff around.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:42 PM   #26
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah this was a great two-parter. I'm surprised at the twist with the crops also, I'm glad the Triceraton/Utrom alliance isn't just going to be settled easily. Also loved how Donatello was written, unlike the Batman crossover where that writer had Don complain how weak and incompetent a fighter he is, in this issue Donatello talked about what a good fighter he is and used different tactics to win and outsmarted his opponents. This is how you write Donatello.
Damned straight, boy. Damned straight.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:48 PM   #27
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, I had heard that was a bit of a problem with the Batman comics.

I gotta say though, the last panel of the Leatherhead story gave me a bit of a laugh.

Here, a visual representation of starting college immediately after graduating high school.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:57 PM   #28
ChosenOne
Banned

Considering Leatherhead's "high school graduation" consisted of devouring a ruthless alien warlord, I can't wait to see what'll do when he finishes "college"!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:01 PM   #29
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Making scrap metal out of Bishop to save Slash, maybe??? Saving a fellow mutant from imprisonment?

I just thought the "I'm free" comment being juxtaposed with him holding onto those bars to be pretty accurate to a lot of situations.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:07 PM   #30
ChosenOne
Banned

Oh, yes, definitely. I actually only picked up on that after you mentioned it and then my jaw dropped at the symbolism.

TMNT Universe #22, the issue that keeps on giving!
Old 05-16-2018, 07:13 PM   #31
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh yes. It made me question redesigning my Utroms again. Because I wasn't sure about the legginess this moment with Kleve climbing up the wall

And other moments showing some surprising flexibility that I had been struggling to portray.

I did notice that Ch'rell doesn't seem to have his scar, but he did during the first Leatherhead arch. So was maybe a mistake like Ma'riell not having her quills (which I have surmised that she had them trimmed off).
Old 05-16-2018, 07:35 PM   #32
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Leatherhead's mission is take down Null Enterprises?
Old 05-16-2018, 07:50 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Leatherhead's mission is take down Null Enterprises?
No, where did you get that? He may be involved with them at some point, but nothing in this short said that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:54 PM   #34
ChosenOne
Banned

At the very least, there shouldn't be anything stopping him from realizing how much his interests align with Hob's anymore. Except for, y'know, the fact that he's functionally insane. (Still, peas in a pod and all that...)
Old 05-16-2018, 08:08 PM   #35
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
At the very least, there shouldn't be anything stopping him from realizing how much his interests align with Hob's anymore. Except for, y'know, the fact that he's functionally insane. (Still, peas in a pod and all that...)
Dude, you're reading it all wrong.

Old Hob wants to kill anybody who threatens the mutants... Leatherhead wants to kill the MUTANTS.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #36
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Dude, you're reading it all wrong.

Old Hob wants to kill anybody who threatens the mutants... Leatherhead wants to kill the MUTANTS.
Am I? Does he? Why didn't he kill the Turtles or Hob when he had the chance, then? Why did he sit in that courtroom so placidly for so long, and only went after Krang? I think he wants to protect innocent creatures, his occasional hatred of other lifeforms in general is merely a reflection of his self-loathing. He doesn't care if he dies, then other times he does because he thinks he has some ulterior purpose to fulfill. I used to think of him as similar to the Joker, but he's too insane and erratic for even that comparison to work.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:38 PM   #37
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
No, where did you get that? He may be involved with them at some point, but nothing in this short said that.
I was guessing,Cubed. Leatherhead has a mission now so a plausible conclusion would be a desire to shut down Null's operations.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:46 PM   #38
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ohhh boy, Null vs Leatherhead sounds like it would be amazing!
Old 05-16-2018, 08:52 PM   #39
ChosenOne
Banned

Color me excited! Of course, we know Null is acting on behalf of someone else... Maligna? Most likely, but who knows! Meanwhile, in the other corner, there's not only Leatherhead but also the Turtles (duh), the Mutanimals and maybe even the EPF. Honestly, most of the fun in a story - any story - that makes it this far with so many characters and their complex relationships is trying to predict where the lines will intersect. There's more than enough hype building up for someone to make a string board at this point! I can see an Archie-style showdown with Null and Maligna happening some time in the future.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:56 PM   #40
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

The way I see it, Hob wants to create more mutants, as he sees it as a way to give animals who are constantly used and abused by humans the ability and means to fight back and take charge of their own lives, whereas Leatherhead believes that all mutants (including himself) are aberrations, crimes against nature, and should not exist. Leatherhead is like one of those people who think we should just give up on civilization and go back to wandering through the woods naked, eating berries and sh!t. It seems like their goals would align on rare occasion but not most of the time.

If the Mutanimals came across a warehouse full of stolen pets in captivity, Hob would totally want to mutate and recruit them while Leatherhead would demand they simply be returned to their natural habitats
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote