The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-25-2015, 08:06 PM   #241
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
So if i completely miss out on both the full 4 subscription and the single order figure on mondo am i SOL? OR is there anywhere else that will sell these for what mondo are charging and not an exorbitant mark up?
For the exclusive versions yes. Regular will remain available on mondo for a while as well as sideshow collectibles.

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:31 PM   #242
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Wow I was going back and forth on if I should spend the money on the subscription. From the sounds of it in here I might not even get that choice. Sounds like they will go pretty fast.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:17 PM   #243
Antrax
Hench Mutant

According to their Twitter page, subscription will be $150 + shipping each.
At the shipping cost of The First Turtle, the total would be $166. That took my enthusiasm down a few notches. Especially since this is a larger figure with possibly higher shipping costs.
Antrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:39 AM   #244
predaking000
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
the flaws with the neca figure were that the necks were too long, this figure seems to have corrected that issue, and its a better looking design all around.
That's true, and I also didn't like the necks on the NECA figures. A lot of people are saying Mondo's turtles are basically bigger versions of NECA's, but there are some notable design differences, especially from the waist up, that make them better, IMO.

The NECA silhouette is triangular, sloping down to a wide base, whereas the Mondo veers closer to the balanced proportions of a human body.

I prefer the Mondo design, though I would have liked it at 6 inches. That said, I'm selling off some stuff and clearing shelf space for these turtles. I just hope the QC is good on these figures. I'm not familiar with Mondo's quality at all.

Last edited by predaking000; 08-26-2015 at 03:03 AM.
predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:52 AM   #245
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
Wow I was going back and forth on if I should spend the money on the subscription. From the sounds of it in here I might not even get that choice. Sounds like they will go pretty fast.
I feel ya! Now the question is, if the subscriptions are gone would it be worth the extra $10 for the one accessory to get each exclusive? I am the type of person that enjoys having the exclusive or the best of the best if you will. Unfortunately that comes back to bite me when it comes to high end collectibles like these lol

I would hate to regret not getting the exclusive but then again the exclusive plus shipping would be pushing $200 a piece. I would assume $20 for shipping would be a good estimate? Hmmm...I guess I have a day to think about it. An extra $10 doesn't seem like much but for all four turtles that will tack on an extra $40 in the end.

I honestly wish they would do the 200 subscriptions for the limited edition poster and then for the remaining exclusives you would still be able to get a subscription that just includes the four turtle exclusives at $149 a pop. I don't really care about the poster or anything aside from the figures and their accessories.

So there are 200 subscriptions that include the exclusives and then it says 500 exclusives. Is that 700 total or does that mean that there will only be 300 exclusives left after the 200 subscriptions are sold out?

Check out my TMNT website for news, reviews and more!
http://www.thewhitefootsoldier.com

Instagram: The White Foot Soldier

Last edited by zaktheneutrino; 08-26-2015 at 08:01 AM.
zaktheneutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:49 PM   #246
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

My understanding is that are just 300 of the exclusives total......that includes the 200 subscriptions

Would anyone be willing to text me when they go onsale? I am a teacher so it sounds like it's going to be next to impossible for me as I am only on my cpu for a few minutes during the day. I'm hoping I can have the Mondo site up on my phone and when I feel a vibration, get coverage and run to the bathroom. Please PM me if you can help me with my master plan.
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:33 PM   #247
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

so does anyone know what the price will be when you pre-order? will it just be 149.99 or will it be 149.99 plus shipping? im not really interested in the subscription or the exclusive. do they charge shipping up front? they did for the first turtle figure which im still waiting on
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:26 PM   #248
lilmotto
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
so does anyone know what the price will be when you pre-order? will it just be 149.99 or will it be 149.99 plus shipping? im not really interested in the subscription or the exclusive. do they charge shipping up front? they did for the first turtle figure which im still waiting on
It will be $149.99 + s/h charged up front.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #249
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmotto View Post
It will be $149.99 + s/h charged up front.
any idea on how much shipping is?
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:47 PM   #250
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

I'm in the same boat as Redrumh. I too am a teacher.

I wish we knew what the print looked like or at least had an idea as to the theme.

Last edited by The Fifth Turtle; 08-26-2015 at 04:54 PM.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:57 PM   #251
Gunstar_Red
Foot Soldier

I'm aiming for a subscription, but I won't be disappointed if I don't get it. Seeing how fast things sell out, I should be grateful I got the pins yesterday. ^_^;

Redrumh2o and The Fifth Turtle, if you sign up for a Twitter account, you can get text message updates from selected people you follow. Mondo said they will announce it there first.

"Surrender to the fact that life isn't fair."

Last edited by Gunstar_Red; 08-26-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Gunstar_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:32 PM   #252
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post

I wish we knew what the print looked like or at least had an idea as to the theme.
I'm a teacher as well and was supposed to meet with some faculty tomorrow or Friday but I told them I had plans already tomorrow (waiting on the Mondo Leo lol) Luckily our first day is on Monday.

My plan is to leave both Mondo's twitter page and their homepage up all day until I get alerted.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:55 PM   #253
super curry max
Hench Mutant

Wow its like a teacher convention in here. I'm also a teacher. Of the 4th grade. Hope to god this goes up during my free period when my kids are in gym. That would be amazing.

And I have no experience with the mondo site. Say I happen to get in and add the subcription to my cart is there a grace period for one to be able to checkout after you have it placed in your cart before you lose it? or is it like thunderdome?
Old 08-26-2015, 07:02 PM   #254
zaktheneutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by super curry max View Post
Wow its like a teacher convention in here. I'm also a teacher. Of the 4th grade. Hope to god this goes up during my free period when my kids are in gym. That would be amazing.

And I have no experience with the mondo site. Say I happen to get in and add the subcription to my cart is there a grace period for one to be able to checkout after you have it placed in your cart before you lose it? or is it like thunderdome?
I believe I heard someone say that you have to be quick during checkout because there is not a grace period. I could be wrong though.

Does anyone know if Mondo takes Discover card?

Old 08-26-2015, 07:40 PM   #255
Miles
Thug

Note to self: Look into teaching as a profession. (I've always thought about it, but ended up with a degree in design instead...)

I'm not sure about Mondo taking Discover - I'd assume not, though it is really strange that they don't say anywhere on the site. Mondo's entire business approach is really off-putting, and if I wasn't totally in love with these figures, I wouldn't jump through the hurdles and mess with them.

I wish I knew more about when and at what price point Sideshow will be offering the figures....
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:10 PM   #256
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist

Mondo preorders go up and gloves come off. Just have to keep clicking continue, agree and pay otherwise you'll miss out

Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:11 PM   #257
psychturtle
Mad Scientist

Wish me luck tomorrow. Camping out for a sub.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:45 PM   #258
super curry max
Hench Mutant

Godspeed to us all
super curry max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:44 PM   #259
GetABox
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post

They posted a preview of the poster.

GetABox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:12 PM   #260
Powder
So tired of this place

A dinky pencil sketch of the toy's bust with ridiculously skinny sword handles...? Wow, lame.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mondo tmnt