The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 08:02 PM   #21
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Bring back Melee Fox.

They need to start first off by using the design of Star Fox 64, so much cooler than what his design has been since Brawl. Atleast give it as an alternate costume lol.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:07 PM   #22
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
What I wonder is why the hell did they make Jigglypuff of all Pokémon a playable character in Smash games. There's a lot cooler Pokémon out there, come on. But oh well.

I wonder if Fox will be top tier once again. I love Fox especially in Melee.
I hate that OP
Spoiler:
B*tch

Everyone wants their character to be a top tier character.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:08 PM   #23
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I agree, Jigglypuff was OP in Melee.

I felt good when she became low-tier trash in Brawl and Smash 4.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:14 PM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

Jiggly puff was strong in Melee but not as top tier as Fox, Falco and Sheik were.

Fox was my main in Melee, definitely. In Smash 4 it varies. I don't feel like checking out, but I'm gonna bet my 5 most played characters are Little Mac, Charizard, Fox, Ryu and Sonic. I recall using Zero Suit Samus and Bayonetta rather frequently as well.

Anyway, Smash is one of those rare fighting games where I'm fine playing against the CPU. Online Smash usually is a bit slow and the rare times Iv'e played it I always did with items on.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:16 PM   #25
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Random rant about stages for those who don't care can skip:

I wonder if all stages could be included in, there's something like 140 stages in all games + new stages from Ultimate here would mean it'd have 160 stages. That may sound like too much and Sakurai mentioned "we've included many stages" or something along those lines which implies not all of them but hear me out.

Hardcore fans have been counting the stages shown so far from screenshots and the trailers and they've found 85 different stages so far, that's a huge list and it's very probable we haven't seen more. Why stop at 130 if adding 10 more would mean a complete stage list for Ultimate (then again, Smash 4 was only like 5 characters away from having Everyone in the roster and it didn't)

Ultimate is re-using most of its assets from Smash 4, so having all the Smash 4 stages is basically no problem. In the same way, Smash 4 was based off of Brawl which was based off of Melee. So re-using any of those stages from the Gamecube/Wii eras also shouldn't be that hard.

Smash 64 would be an exception, but apparently all Smash 64 stages have been found, this is great since 64 stages only a select few have made it back and we've seen classics like Saffron City finally back. 64 stages IMO are the best since they included the most stage hazards and a reason speculated as to why some 64 stages never made a comeback and it was always the same ones.

The others that would be difficult would be the 3DS exclusive stages but apparently all those are in there as well

Maybe you can argue that some stages are too similar, and that's a legit reason not to include EVERYTHING. But we've already seen stages that are extremely similar and yet both versions appear to be included like Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Stadium 2 and both Animal Crossing stages, so clearly being near identical isn't a problem.

So all in all I'm hoping that it has ALL of the stages. Apparently we're also seeing some Pokeball Pokemon and Assist Trophy characters from previous games that were not in Smash 4, so maybe it'll also include all of those as well? It'd better
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:41 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

All the roster needs for classic pre-2000 characters is Dixie and K. Rool and it'll be close to perfect.

For newer franchises Captain Toad (who technically counts as a new character), ARMS, and Xenoblade 2 are likely. Simon Belmont from Castlevania is also the heavily rumored third party character this game, and with Snake returning and Bomberman being an Assist trophy, it would make a lot of sense if Konami got a new rep.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:45 PM   #27
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Bewear was confirmed as a PokeBall pokemon, In one of the character trailers (can't remember which one though)

Was gonna happen, but great news anyway. Wonder what other new Pokemon will appear in Pokeballs.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:11 PM   #28
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Samus' boobs got downgraded and her alt outfit of her 100% finished sports like outfit is also gone. Snake's butt was also downgraded.

As far as possible newcomers, I'll make a realistic one, I think we'll get 2 more original chracters and 2 more "echo/clone" characters.

Ms Pacman (clone)
Shadow the Hedgehog (clone)
Ken (clone)
All those are easily done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
All the roster needs for classic pre-2000 characters is Dixie and K. Rool and it'll be close to perfect.

For newer franchises Captain Toad (who technically counts as a new character), ARMS, and Xenoblade 2 are likely. Simon Belmont from Castlevania is also the heavily rumored third party character this game, and with Snake returning and Bomberman being an Assist trophy, it would make a lot of sense if Konami got a new rep.
K.Rool has been retconned, his last appearance was DK64, DK has been in more solo adventures without K.Rool than with him. Him not returning in either Country Returns game sealed his fate. I see no point in Dixie, I gues since she can be an "echo/clone" of Diddy but whatever.

Captain Toad I think might be difficult because Peach already uses Toad a lot, but if Captain Toad gets a spin-off every gen then yeah he'll eventually appear but not on Ultimate. Arms could go either way, I mean the game didn't do THAT well and Sakurai doesn't usually add newer stuff until it's proven.

I think Simon Belmont is only wanted by fans to re-create the Captain N team, I know that's why I want him in. I mean if Snake is in it then Simon deserves to as well. Bomberman being an assist instead of a character is a downer.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:28 PM   #29
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Fingers crossed for Travis Touchdown
Old 06-13-2018, 11:03 PM   #30
Prowler
Emperor

I'd be fine with the current known roster already.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:58 AM   #31
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I think Simon Belmont is only wanted by fans to re-create the Captain N team, I know that's why I want him in. I mean if Snake is in it then Simon deserves to as well. Bomberman being an assist instead of a character is a downer.
I think most people want Simon Belmont not because of Captain N, which is barely remembered, but because, they like Castlevania series, which at some point was one of the biggest franchises.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:23 PM   #32
Ninjinister
無問題

I know Simon is the first and the best known but maybe they should have Trevor for dat Netflix marketing instead.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:29 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Plus I'd be worried they'd make Simon look like he does in all the revisionist FAKE Simon Belmont artwork in the past 10 years. Like this:

Simon does NOT have red hair and does NOT look like a woman.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:30 PM   #34
Prowler
Emperor

...they turned Simon Belmont into a bishonen androgenous looking thing?! ugh
Old 06-14-2018, 02:34 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
...they turned Simon Belmont into a bishonen androgenous looking thing?! ugh
And look at him in CastleVania: Judgement:

Old 06-14-2018, 02:36 PM   #36
Prowler
Emperor

He almost looks like Bruno Gehard.

Were they trying to appeal to the female audience or something?
Old 06-14-2018, 02:40 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
He almost looks like Bruno Gehard.

Were they trying to appeal to the female audience or something?
I think they were trying to recreate the appeal of Alucard. In the worst possible way.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:50 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
K.Rool has been retconned, his last appearance was DK64, DK has been in more solo adventures without K.Rool than with him. Him not returning in either Country Returns game sealed his fate. I see no point in Dixie, I gues since she can be an "echo/clone" of Diddy but whatever.
No, Dixie is one of the last Nintendo all-stars from the 90's and was a main character in her own game and is now back in Tropical Freeze. DK only having two reps is absurd and Dixie has been wanted for a long time. Donkey Kong has needed new reps for years especially with it being among Nintendo's best selling franchise.

King K. Rool is now the most requested villain now that Ridley got in, and he was heavily requested since Smash U. King K. Rool was in King of Swing and Jungle Climber and it doesn't matter that he's not in the recent games, he's still in 80% of the mainline DK games.

Quote:
Captain Toad I think might be difficult because Peach already uses Toad a lot, but if Captain Toad gets a spin-off every gen then yeah he'll eventually appear but not on Ultimate. Arms could go either way, I mean the game didn't do THAT well and Sakurai doesn't usually add newer stuff until it's proven.
It's not "tricky," Captain Toad has his own game and an entire moveset to pull out of. Captain Toad debuted in Mario Galaxy in 2007 and then appeared in every game since, and got his own spinoff.

Likewise with Daisy in, and Waluigi still an Assist trophy...there really are no other Mario reps to choose from. Pauline is also shown singing on the stage of the new Mario Odyssey level so she won't be playable either.

Captain Toad is likely, I doubt Daisy will be the only new Mario rep for the game
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:53 PM   #39
Prowler
Emperor

I'd like to see a 3D Donkey Kong game again. DK 64 didn't work that well, but I'm willing to give them another shot. Not to mention this time Rare wouldn't be involved, so I'm sure it'd be different.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:53 PM   #40
sdp
Megan Fox = April

To be fair Simon Belmont has never had a consistent look, he has changed in every game since release and had different Japanese and American artwork as well. It was always anime inspired in the Japanese versions and only Americanized into beefy men that would appeal to kids there. Each castlevania game also seems to have its own art style which doesn't help things.

Last edited by sdp; 06-14-2018 at 03:00 PM.