The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2018, 08:51 AM   #1
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,114
LeBron to Lakers

Besides the fact that he has a house in LA, and of course the money he's being paid, I don't see why the Lakers were a good choice for LeBron. Unless he gets another superstar on that team, it'll be just another Cavs. It's going to be weird seeing LeBron play for the West.
__________________


After the silver-tongued spirit Pan escaped from Rancientia to Earth, possessed a British officer, and sparked the American Revolution, spirit warriors Blaken, Marston, Rowen, and Seddus took long-tailed weasels as hosts and developed extraordinary powers to counter Pan and his apocalyptic vision for Earth.

spiritguildseries.com

Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:57 AM   #2
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Besides the fact that he has a house in LA, and of course the money he's being paid, I don't see why the Lakers were a good choice for LeBron. Unless he gets another superstar on that team, it'll be just another Cavs. It's going to be weird seeing LeBron play for the West.
The cavs are about to be a lottery team

Lebron left for a few reasons
-He did not get along with the Cavs owner
-He did not like the way the roster was constructed. (The cavs could of had Paul George and Carmelo Anthony, but the owner would not make the picks in the trade unprotected.)
-He wants to grow his brand outside of basketball
-He signed a 4 years deal bc his oldest son is entering high school this year and wants him to have stability.
-The cavs were cash strap and could not improve the roster.
-The Lakers have a ton of young talent, he is hoping they will be able to take some of the burden off.
-He is banking on the fact that Free Agents will be more attracted to Lakers than the Cavs.

There was quite a few reasons he jumped ship from Cleveland to LA. I think Paul George messed up by resigning with the thunder who got bounced out in the 1st round by the Utah Jazz that was led by a rookie. Paul George should have gone to the Lakers.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:31 PM   #3
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 11,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
The cavs are about to be a lottery team

Lebron left for a few reasons
-He did not get along with the Cavs owner
-He did not like the way the roster was constructed. (The cavs could of had Paul George and Carmelo Anthony, but the owner would not make the picks in the trade unprotected.)
-He wants to grow his brand outside of basketball
-He signed a 4 years deal bc his oldest son is entering high school this year and wants him to have stability.
-The cavs were cash strap and could not improve the roster.
-The Lakers have a ton of young talent, he is hoping they will be able to take some of the burden off.
-He is banking on the fact that Free Agents will be more attracted to Lakers than the Cavs.

There was quite a few reasons he jumped ship from Cleveland to LA. I think Paul George messed up by resigning with the thunder who got bounced out in the 1st round by the Utah Jazz that was led by a rookie. Paul George should have gone to the Lakers.
Let's not forget the fact. That he's gonna be starring in the Space Jam sequel. So he would be closer to Hollywood for that.
__________________
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:05 PM   #4
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,114
Guess that all makes sense for LeBron personally, I just don't see how it really helps his basketball career. PG definitely should have signed with the Lakers, I'm wondering if he's kicking himself for his decision. Although, to be honest, I don't see PG as an All-Star player anymore. He was alright last season, but nothing special.

Can't wait to see where Kawai goes...
__________________


After the silver-tongued spirit Pan escaped from Rancientia to Earth, possessed a British officer, and sparked the American Revolution, spirit warriors Blaken, Marston, Rowen, and Seddus took long-tailed weasels as hosts and developed extraordinary powers to counter Pan and his apocalyptic vision for Earth.

spiritguildseries.com

Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:13 PM   #5
wpugh2424
Stone Warrior
 
wpugh2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Triceraton Republic
Posts: 861
Wrong move unless Leonard comes
He should have joined the 76ers that would have been a juggernaut team
__________________
"Go! Move it, will ya? Aw, you're letting him blow right by ya! Can you believe this guy? Come on! Don't just...! Ninja-kick the damn rabbit! Do something!"
wpugh2424 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #6
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Wrong move unless Leonard comes
He should have joined the 76ers that would have been a juggernaut team
I would agree except for two things.
-The 76ers are extremely injury prone
and
-Lebron did not want to join an already established super team like Kevin Durant did.

That would hurt his legacy. If he wins a single championship with the Lakers it will do more for his career than if he would have won multiple with the 76ers imo. The reason I say this is bc of how KD has been perceived sense joining the warriors.


But honestly it really doesn't matter at this point sense the warriors just got DeMarcus Cousins
Honestly this league is becoming a joke in terms of competitiveness. They need to set up a hard salary cap so badly....
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:32 PM   #7
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 2,439
Not to be that guy...but...shouldn’t this go in the sports talk section...also the World Cup thread should go in sports talk...but whatever, yolo

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...89#post1767789

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...=17904&page=82
__________________
Find me on
Instagram @turtle_wa
YouTube @TurtleWA
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:55 PM   #8
wpugh2424
Stone Warrior
 
wpugh2424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Triceraton Republic
Posts: 861
You are being that guy hahaha
Just messin
__________________
"Go! Move it, will ya? Aw, you're letting him blow right by ya! Can you believe this guy? Come on! Don't just...! Ninja-kick the damn rabbit! Do something!"
wpugh2424 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:00 PM   #9
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
You are being that guy hahaha
Just messin
lol, yeah I know
__________________
Find me on
Instagram @turtle_wa
YouTube @TurtleWA
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:46 PM   #10
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,114
LeBron is the King, he gets his own thread.

Man, Cousins to GS is just not fair. Is it even worth having a season in October? That team is going to be unstoppable.

I would have liked LeBron on the Sixers as well. Simmons alone even if Embiid went down at some point (which he probably will) would have been a great addition for the King. But alas, what he's going to get is the same old thing. He'll shoulder all the weight on LA. Especially since they got rid of Randle. Rondo isn't that great anymore.
__________________


After the silver-tongued spirit Pan escaped from Rancientia to Earth, possessed a British officer, and sparked the American Revolution, spirit warriors Blaken, Marston, Rowen, and Seddus took long-tailed weasels as hosts and developed extraordinary powers to counter Pan and his apocalyptic vision for Earth.

spiritguildseries.com

Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.