The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 07-04-2018, 03:48 AM   #8201
Papenbrook
Channeling Inner-Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
This past Sunday I was sick with a very high fever (I could barely stand on my feet) on the second day of a heat wave in a house that was almost 95 degrees with no air-conditioning that worked and a ****** fan that barely did the job. At some point my dad was able to get the air conditioning to work to a minimal degree. but it was so weak that unless you pulled up a chair and sat right in front of it you could not feel it or be cooled off by it. And that barely worked because I was so sick I couldn't sit upright in the chair for to long and because we don't have a living room set I had no place to lie down where the A.C was. And I had no where else to go but stay in the my hot miserable house. Worst few days ever. I can't remember the last time I was so physically uncomfortable.
I'm sorry that you've had to deal with that in those circumstances, Sage Ninja.

Hopefully, you have gotten better since then. Regardless, I wish you well.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 09:47 AM   #8202
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
This past Sunday I was sick with a very high fever (I could barely stand on my feet) on the second day of a heat wave in a house that was almost 95 degrees with no air-conditioning that worked and a ****** fan that barely did the job. At some point my dad was able to get the air conditioning to work to a minimal degree. but it was so weak that unless you pulled up a chair and sat right in front of it you could not feel it or be cooled off by it. And that barely worked because I was so sick I couldn't sit upright in the chair for to long and because we don't have a living room set I had no place to lie down where the A.C was. And I had no where else to go but stay in the my hot miserable house. Worst few days ever. I can't remember the last time I was so physically uncomfortable.
Yikes. That seriously sucks. And surely kind of dangerous. Is the AC fixed now? Be careful, these heat waves always seem to have a few casualties in the news.

Good time for lots of ice water, ice cream, freeze pops, etc, to help cool people down from the inside out.
IndigoErth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 02:52 PM   #8203
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I can definitely relate. Between the heat and my breaks being ridiculously early the past few days, not to mention sleep issues, I have been feeling very run down and tired, to the point that I have headaches and upset stomach. Hope you are feeling better now, as the more one has to be subjected to uncomfortable heat, the worse one tends to feel.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:01 PM   #8204
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Now, I'm not sure if it's because I've been taking my iron more routinely (been taking Defunct Hannah-Barbara Cartoon Chewables instead of Slo-FE because it's so much better on my stomach and actually ended up a more reasonable dosage...plus some extra vitamins)...but I just started a second "cycle"...two weeks after the last one ended.

And this time I'm actually cramping; haven't done that in a looong time. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the last one, but I'mma need to see a doctor and get a blood test...see how that anemia is doing.

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #8205
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

That sucks, bad enough it's got to be every month, but that sucks coming back so soon! Hope it's just a fluke and nothing to have to be bothered with.

Lord knows I once had mine finish up, let me have a break for ONE week then came back for no apparent reason. >.> Sometimes nature just likes to troll us.

Went to work this morning thinking the amount of stock may be lighter since there was a lot last week, esp for the display refresh my supervisor had to do... Nope. They sent us four large boxes pretty much PACKED with cards. Grr. This is a lot, esp during a slow part of the year when they suggest I should have 1 hr 45 min allotted for this store. Uh, no... try over three hours, and I still didn't finish. An entire box's worth was also kids cards that are a whole lot of overstock that we do not need right now. (As it is we already have quite a lot of them stored underneath that we need to get out too...and they send us more?)

Then fought a light headache all morning, and put up with young kids that wanted to practice shrieking just for the hell of it the whole time they were in the store, and an employee of that store that kept hanging around nearby putting things away that would not stop humming to herself, all of that not helping to discourage my headache at all...

At least I got my Threezero Leo to make it all better. Okay, and an Aleve when I got home.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-16-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:23 PM   #8206
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

when going to buy something say on BestBuy or Target's website. The sites say 35 for free shipping but the item you are buying is $34.99. I hate that

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:01 PM   #8207
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

The fact that the main AC at work (the one for the eating area, counter, front drive window, and playground) has been out for two days now. It is literally hotter inside the store than out. And it is summer- in Texas. That is insane. It is supposed to be 100+ this week, and our customers and we have no air! One employee even walked out today because the heat inside was causing her health problems to flare up. People are walking out because it is too hot inside to eat. This s**t should NOT be happening, but the owners wouldn't do anything because the thermostat was set to 72. But it isn't working, so that argument is just ridiculous. Seriously thinking about putting a complaint with OSHA.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:08 PM   #8208
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh god, that's awful, I hope they actually bother to do something about it SOON. Why do they even think it's okay? You can't go giving your employees heat stroke because you don't want to bother with it, what the hell. I've been there, having to go home from the heat making me ill from the AC being out a job, but at least I was able to take water with me and sit in my car's AC until I felt better and able to drive home. You being a walker though?

I'm with you on calls needing to be made, be it OSHA, regional manager, or what.
Old 07-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #8209
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Fortunately, it is working again. I guess they must have gotten it fixed yesterday after I left, because it was back on when I got there this morning. But, yeah, it was bad. Employees xomplain about the heat, a d we get- "oh, it's fine, it's set at 72, you just havve to deal with a little discomfort". But apparently when customers start calling in complaints or walking out.... They finally listen. Ugh, so stupid. It was a literal health issue (and a lawsuit away from getting shut down).

And for the record, it WAS the regional (franchise) manager/owners who were all telling us to deal. And sadly, they've known it was going out for WEEKS. But did nothing because they didn't want to spend the $$ to fix it BEFORE it went out. SMH.

Old 07-18-2018, 02:30 PM   #8210
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
And for the record, it WAS the regional (franchise) manager/owners who were all telling us to deal.
Wow. How typical of them... not there dealing with it so they don't care?

Hope it stays okay for the rest of the summer!
Old 07-18-2018, 02:33 PM   #8211
newfan
Mad Scientist

Very poor treatment of employees and in a place where you have heat coming from food being cooked too. Awful.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 04:26 PM   #8212
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I had multiple flubs trying to make carbonara for the first time in months.

Which ended up including the egg getting cooked instead of immersing with the sauce. Which there probably wasn't enough of, so...

Still tastes okay.

To my DeviantArt
Old 07-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #8213
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well it's a good thing I was helping out someone else's card dept in a store one last time today (before one of my stores is finally set up next week), I checked my accounts and realized that the post office was due to be done this week. Came up on me faster than I realized and I almost skipped it accidentally. Then there was only a half hour allotted for it (unlike the 48 min last time), I'd only ever been there once before but with my supervisor and a month ago, so I'm half panicked and I don't have time to waste trying to message my supervisor. So... I hope I did it right enough...

Then I got home, was talking to my mom and noticed a bird apparently had it's foot caught in the stake she's got up in front of the living room window to hold a bird feeder. Grabbed gloves to go try to free it, but it was too badly stuck. She tried, with bare hands, but...I ended up having to go get scissors for her. Apparently its leg was broken to the point that it was just held together by tendon. Sooo.... she ended up being forced to cut off it's foot.

No way could I watch that, and I don't think I could have done it personally. Fortunately birds supposedly have very minimal amount of nerves and blood vessels there so hopefully it was at least less painful than it would be for us and other creatures. I expected there to be blood after she did it, but it didn't bleed.

Luckily we have a wild bird rescue place in our area we were able to take it up to. It is sadly a lost cause according to them, but at least it can be gently euthanized rather than just be left to suffer or get eaten by something.

So, it's been some kind of day.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #8214
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

missed the worlds most perfectly framed lightning bolt because i turned the camera off one second oto soon..

grrrrrr..
Old 08-04-2018, 11:46 AM   #8215
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Getting out of bed in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and banging the sh!t out of your pinky-toe on the bed frame so bad you split the the toenail partially in half. Hurt like hell, OMG! I was legit scared I broke my pinky-toe, but the the nail sustained must of the damage. Woke up with some blood stains on the bottom of my sheets because my split toenail was bleeding. Another layer of suck because I washed my sheets yesterday.

I just a few minutes ago tore off the partially split off toenail because it was hanging almost completely off and anything brushing up against it made it hurt even more.
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:32 PM   #8216
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

OOOooo! I can't find a cringe gif good enough to include for that, just hurts even reading it.

Grind... When you know you aught to go to bed, but you choose to log back into some game with plans on just a short tour through an area to see if you can get that darn gem to drop from certain mobs and, never getting it, you end up going to bed at 7am and then sleep for just three hours. And the friend who'd previously been on with you will probably want to continue working on part of it together this evening. And her time is three hours earlier, often causing me to stay up rather late as it is on this stuff. Either I won't make it or will be a total zombie playing on auto pilot...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 08-04-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:35 PM   #8217
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I tried to nap off a headache and it didn't work.

It's a little duller now, but it's still there.

To my DeviantArt
Old 08-17-2018, 10:44 PM   #8218
Papenbrook
Channeling Inner-Donnie

My heart feels like it's breaking. 💔

I can't stand the constant conflicts. It's heartbreaking.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #8219
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

when your forum needs 'villains' to keep things thriving, you just make extra work for yourself. just don't let your own viewpoints cloud your judgment on who the villains are.

enjoying a little tug of war, but sitting out and watching from the side lines heh.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #8220
Vegita-San
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I tried to nap off a headache and it didn't work.

It's a little duller now, but it's still there.
Last nights nightmares gave me a headache.

started out with a haunted house investigation. We got too scared, and left.....vividly teling ourselves 'don't follow us, stay there..' the people I was with started acting weird at home later, stole their own car. we followed them. we wound up back at the same haunted house. they went in side. but the neighborhood surrounding the house was deserted with fog everywhere.

Once we dared to go inside, the dream turned into a final destination type movie...complete with a death of a person falling into a giant blender.

Personally, I blame seeing a trailer for nightmare on elmstreet 4 on FB for this.