The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 02:13 PM   #21
Dejablue
Hench Mutant

I'm still in the midst of watching the show so...update!
At this point I think season 3 is my weakest season. This is going to sound idiotic but it started going down hill when I noticed they replaced Leonardo's voice actor. I'm weird like that. I hate that Leo is trying to sound like kid batman now. So safe to say I'm not the biggest fan of Seth Green's depiction of Leo. As far as the farm episodes go they were hit or miss. I liked some but I think a couple of them should have been sacrificed to focus more on the team preparing to return to the city, instead of that all happening in one episode.

I have the least amount of investment in what is going on since the Kraang was defeated. I thought I'd care more about the Shredder but honestly I realize the Kraang posed a much more interesting threat. The writers try their best to make Shredder seem threatening but he just isn't. Constantly resorting to 87 Shredder tactics to get the job done. I.E. relying wholly on bumbling idiot minions who constantly fail him. At least when the Kraang did something, succeed or fail, they did it themselves. Karai is reduced to a mere damsel who is only dangerous some of the time but not really, and I have no idea why one off mutants are still showing up. (Like that disgusting garbage mutant. Very uninteresting and pointless. Mondo Gecko is okay though.). Hopefully season 4 and 5 will be better. I really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2.

On a side note: Fourfold Trap is one of this season's best episodes. (Seeing Splinter walking on a hamster wheel is fun. I guess this is a method of stress relief.)

Last edited by Dejablue; 06-20-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:29 PM   #22
newfan
Mad Scientist

I actually prefer Green, not greatly though, for me Biggs suited young starting out Leo and Greens deeper voice kinda went later on with Leo's character having grown.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:00 PM   #23
Dejablue
Hench Mutant

I suppose but to me, my problem isn't all in the voice change but also his character/personality change. Which sucks because I know this has to happen. Every. Single. Time. Leo is the one who basically has to be angsty, bland, and uninteresting because the weight of leadership changes him. At the start of it this Leo was probably my favorite depiction of all the non comic book Leos. It is annoying how many people take "grown up" to mean "harsh and boring".
Old 06-20-2018, 03:07 PM   #24
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
I suppose but to me, my problem isn't all in the voice change but also his character/personality change. Which sucks because I know this has to happen. Every. Single. Time. Leo is the one who basically has to be angsty, bland, and uninteresting because the weight of leadership changes him. At the start of it this Leo was probably my favorite depiction of all the non comic book Leos. It is annoying how many people take "grown up" to mean "harsh and boring".
Oh, okay, Leo's over all character. I don't know, he did grow and gain more responsibility by the end but I don't think he looses his geeky side over all.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:12 PM   #25
Dejablue
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Oh, okay, Leo's over all character. I don't know, he did grow and gain more responsibility by the end but I don't think he looses his geeky side over all.
Well there is something he says in "Dinosaur Seen in Sewers" that restores my faith a little.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:47 AM   #26
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Wasn't the Nickelodeon series merchandising big already some months before the series began?
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction about the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story as many other fanfiction writers do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:58 PM   #27
Dejablue
Hench Mutant

Considering the type of show tmnt is and also considering Rise already has toys in production (though i'm not sure if they are already on shelves), then yeah without a doubt.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:46 PM   #28
wpugh2424
Stone Warrior

Think it's a good show
When I first started I didn't like it but it's very witty at times and the more you watch it the more it appeals
Still.. needs to be more mirage based and true to the comics but then it would just appeal to us old fans
Old 07-08-2018, 09:43 PM   #29
psychturtle
Stone Warrior

I’m wondering when we will get the full Blu-ray series collector set. Bee waiting for a while.