The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2018, 01:17 AM   #41
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 13,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Yeah and guess what London is still safer than 50 major cities from the USA, New York has one of the strictest gun laws in the country so bad example there also thats only in a 2 month time frame if we looked at it year by year then we see London having less murders than New York City. Also New York hasnt really been notorious for gun violence in years

And a lot of THAT had a ton to do with Guliani's crackdown on gang violence and street crime, along with a parallel increase in Stop-And-Frisk, which is both a highly controversial but highly effective deterrent. Controversial because it disproportionately targets minorities, but effective because A. A huge number of people who were frisked in NYC for "being shady" turned out to be carrying - often ILLEGALLY carrying - regardless of why they were stopped, and furthermore often turned out to be violent career criminals on top of that, and B. People who would be highly likely to get frisked under those circumstances - i.e., gang members and drug dealers - either made it a point to not carry or simply did "business" elsewhere, and in either case they and their guns would no longer become a NYC-related statistic.

Point being, stories can be complicated.

See, here's another "problem" we have as people: Policies like "Stop-and-Frisk" do INFINITELY more tangible, measurable good to lower gun violence, and get illegal guns off of the streets and out of the hands of criminals and lunatics, than "Gun Control" in the generally spoken sense does. One involves Action, the other involves Words. Problem is, it's kind of inherently racist as a policy. BUT, it works, which is more than can be said about marches, protests, or Congressional chest-thumping. So what to do? Ignore a proven-effective method for combating crime and lowering gun violence, because it's "mean" or "inconvenient" to certain groups of people? Lots of people say Yes, but I personally think this is a case where the ends would totally justify the means. Because again, a LOT of those stop-and-frisk types may have been stopped "mostly" for being a minority, but ALSO turned out to be dangerous, violent criminals who would otherwise have slipped through the cracks. Shouldn't we just be grateful someone caught them before they hurt anyone else?

Should be cut-n'-dry, but it's not. This sh*t's crazy complicated. People will point to a place like NYC and say, "Look, it used to be a sh*thole, they cleaned it up a bit." Yeah, but ONLY by doing things that a lot of people have ethical objections to, even though the end result is much better for everyone. It's not like all the gangs and drug dealers just got jobs at the YMCA or something. The city only got "cleaned up" because the NYPD more or less started treating it like a war zone, with black people as "enemy combatants" until proven otherwise.

Personally, I acknowledge the racial bias inherent in the policies, but can't argue that the end result was a safer NYC environment for everyone, which should ultimately count for more, if we're seriously keeping score. Were they right? Wrong? Right on points, but Wrong on principle?
Depends what you grade on.

This is why these conversations are complicated. You can say, "Well, if people have to own a gun, they should have to be screened, be trained, pass a test, and keep their guns under lock and key," and mostly everyone agrees because that's all pretty good. But if you say, "Well, just make Stop-And-Frisk a nationwide policy, it's statistically proven effective," that's a whole other can of worms, because now you have people questioning if "safety" is worth the hardship, prejudice, inconvenience, sacrifice, and hurt feelings that other groups of people would endure for the end result.

Any place where things are "better", somebody had to eat sh*t to get everyone else to that point. It's unavoidable. And nobody wants to be the group that gets sh*t on, discriminated against, forced to relocate, or give up their Constitutionally-protected rights, just so things get better for Everyone Else. Which is totally understandable.

Again, it's a complicated conversation. And it's all conversation worth having, if we're ever going to see anything get better. But the "Guns are bad, just make 'em go away and everything else gets better" thing is fairy-tale horse sh*t. You can't, and it won't, so people need to shift gears to another angle, it's as simple as that.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 07:39 AM   #42
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
That's a correlation you're turning into a causation there.
But I have to admit, it's one I would be curious to explore when it comes to school/mass shootings.

The perpetrators of those are predominantly young white men.

I still think done [strike]Phantom[/strike] fandom should step in and do something, but maybe the white male Community should Step Up as well
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.

Last edited by plastroncafe; 05-20-2018 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Thanks a heap, autocorrect.
plastroncafe is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 09:02 AM   #43
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Something changed. When you isolate the variables, you notice the patterns: Part-Time parents, kids raised by The Internet, without decency, manners, or empathy - and forget about "Discipline", that's a dirty word - combined with a pharmaceutical industry that targets children as "consumers" and convinces people that every kid who can't sit still has a "disorder", that can only be treated by pumping their still-developing brains full of chemicals it's going to take decades to fully gauge the side effects of.

When all of those things run parallel, I *really* question why "Guns" is all anyone can see as a reason why kids are snapping to such extreme degrees. There's SO much more that's wrong, that can actually BE fixed, if people had the right priorities.
I think it's because guns, especially the high callibre ones, are the variable involved in mass murders in America, and rarely anywhere else? The rest of the world has these social problems too but fewer mass murders of these types. Not sure why people think it wouldn't help matters to ban certain guns that no one needs, or make guns very hard to keep overall. Guns are meant to kill and they're not the sort of thing that needs to be kept around a house to get in the wrong hands. How often do they ever work for their apparent purpose, e.g. self defense from some burglar or rapist? Like never?
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 12:59 PM   #44
PApagreg
Mad Scientist
 
PApagreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
And a lot of THAT had a ton to do with Guliani's crackdown on gang violence and street crime, along with a parallel increase in Stop-And-Frisk, which is both a highly controversial but highly effective deterrent. Controversial because it disproportionately targets minorities, but effective because A. A huge number of people who were frisked in NYC for "being shady" turned out to be carrying - often ILLEGALLY carrying - regardless of why they were stopped, and furthermore often turned out to be violent career criminals on top of that, and B. People who would be highly likely to get frisked under those circumstances - i.e., gang members and drug dealers - either made it a point to not carry or simply did "business" elsewhere, and in either case they and their guns would no longer become a NYC-related statistic.
Actually Stop and Frisk has been shown to be not really effective when it comes to lowing crime in fact violent crime dropped when they cease stop and frisk. //www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/12/03/new-york-has-essentially-eliminated-stop-and-frisk-and-crime-is-still-down/?utm_term=.9225166c2881

Last edited by PApagreg; 05-20-2018 at 01:10 PM.
PApagreg is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 02:54 PM   #45
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 9,733
So supposedly one of the first people he killed was a girl he'd pursued for four months and wasn't interested in dating him. Much like that other recent incident.

Why isn't this being addressed more.

Had CNN on this morning and forget what anchor it was but he TRIED to bring up this topic to address it, but of course one of the guests on the show (a women no less) said nothing of it and jumped right back to talking about congress. Come on! Yes, guns need to be discussed, but there is this other aspect that is far too common in many of these incidences.
IndigoErth is online now  
Old 05-20-2018, 03:55 PM   #46
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 7,367
You mean entitlement? Or "nice guy" syndrome? Or lack of being able to accept disappointment/rejection? Yeah, that needs to be addressed with these creeps.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 04:24 PM   #47
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,935
That would be very nice, yes.
A lot of the people who do this kind of thing have a history of domestic violence.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #48
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 9,733
Yeah, all of the above.

Egos as weak as wet toilet paper, entitlement, no sense of responsibility for one's own feelings or actions, taking it out on a woman... That's the kind of crap that goes on in parts of the Middle East that as a culture we're really so convinced that we're better and more civil than, and yet there's a lot of similarities.
IndigoErth is online now  
Old 05-20-2018, 04:55 PM   #49
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 13,887
The main two things I keep hearing about this one are, he was practically stalking some girl for weeks and she finally embarrassed him in class to make him stop, and also, that the football players and coaches picked on him all the time.

So again... why are these kids nowadays so f*cking brittle that some of the most common and benign disappointments life will ever throw their way put them right into a "Kill Everyone" mindset? Yeah, that's rational. It's almost like they have no idea how to cope with things not going their way.

This is what happens when you lie to kids and tell them every feeling they ever have is "valid" and they'll get everything they ever want as long as they "just keep trying" (which in their minds will read, "Stalk and harass a girl until she gives in," for example).

Maybe we ought'a start toughening 'em up way earlier in life by telling them the truth: MOST things in life aren't going to go your way, you CAN'T get everything you want in life, MOST things are beyond your control, MOST of your dreams won't come true, MOST people aren't going to like you, NO, they don't need a reason, NO, you won't change their minds, and YES, you're going to be judged more for your looks, money, and social status than anything you ever do as a human being. If being a "Good Person" or making a "Contribution to Society" meant anything at all, doctors would make more money than football players, but they don't and never will. ALL LIFE is about "Injustice", disappointment, and how you react to it defines who you are as a person. The measure of a human being is not how they act in victory, but in defeat. And so on.

All of that was made perfectly clear to me before like, Age 5. Yes, I grew up cynical, bitter, and kinda mean, BUT I also became so familiar with disappointment that I've come to expect it, and thus am far better emotionally-prepared to react to it. It's almost better to just expect things to go wrong, and be pleasantly surprised when they go right, than to expect everything to go your way and be completely unprepared to handle it when it doesn't.

I mean, you don't have to be mean about it, just be honest with kids. Maybe if they grow up NOT expecting to get everything they want and ask for, they won't start shooting people when they don't get it. Seems like a way to go. It certainly hasn't been tried in a long time.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 05:15 PM   #50
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 4,401
I think there's also the issue of not having a lot of emotional maturity - or empathy - for that matter. This brat happened to have the terrible combination of not only having no strength for not getting what he wanted, but also no ability to understand the way his victim was feeling. No understanding that she was starting to be afraid of him.

It's not just that he was brittle - and he absolutely is. There's also the factor that he can't put himself in his victim's shoes or muscle up the will to think "Oh sh*t, I am making this girl terrified of me, I should back off". That is what makes a good person. Though, a "good person" wouldn't be a stalker to begin with.

He's selfish and he's insensitive. The deadliest combination there is.
__________________
Decent Ch'rell avatar pending: September

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 05:26 PM   #51
Papenbrook
Channeling Inner-Donnie
 
Papenbrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ✮ I'm inside my own head! ✮
Posts: 1,767
Although entitlement and sexism are important factors that should be heavily considered, I think racism somehow also played a role.

Racism still exists today, and it would be absolutely ignorant to deny that fact.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 05-20-2018 at 05:36 PM.
Papenbrook is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 08:08 PM   #52
PApagreg
Mad Scientist
 
PApagreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The main two things I keep hearing about this one are, he was practically stalking some girl for weeks and she finally embarrassed him in class to make him stop, and also, that the football players and coaches picked on him all the time.

So again... why are these kids nowadays so f*cking brittle that some of the most common and benign disappointments life will ever throw their way put them right into a "Kill Everyone" mindset? Yeah, that's rational. It's almost like they have no idea how to cope with things not going their way.

This is what happens when you lie to kids and tell them every feeling they ever have is "valid" and they'll get everything they ever want as long as they "just keep trying" (which in their minds will read, "Stalk and harass a girl until she gives in," for example).

Maybe we ought'a start toughening 'em up way earlier in life by telling them the truth: MOST things in life aren't going to go your way, you CAN'T get everything you want in life, MOST things are beyond your control, MOST of your dreams won't come true, MOST people aren't going to like you, NO, they don't need a reason, NO, you won't change
Oh yeah because this is the only generation where people react to dissapointment in unhealthy ways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I think racism somehow also played a role.

Racism still exists today, and it would be absolutely ignorant to deny that fact.
The **** does racism have to do with this shooting
PApagreg is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 08:10 PM   #53
TurtleWA
Mad Scientist
 
TurtleWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: WA
Posts: 2,439
So I guess a sexist, racist, entitled person with a mental illness committed this crime. Sad. His parents done screwed up big time. I wonder what the point was that set him on this path? I doubt his mom looked into his little baby eyes and could have predicted a future like this.
TurtleWA is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #54
Powder
Salami Origami
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,547
There has been nothing to come out suggesting the shooter was racist.
Powder is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 09:10 PM   #55
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 13,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Oh yeah because this is the only generation where people react to dissapointment in unhealthy ways.
The **** does racism have to do with this shooting
Show me the number of school shootings every year between, say, 1960 and 2000. If they're close to the numbers since Columbine, we can talk. They're not, though, so we won't.

And of course mass shootings and other killings don't JUST happen at schools... only MOSTLY. That means it's predominantly a Young Male problem. As in, "Young Males of the current generation can't handle not getting their way, and respond by hurting people." That's a common denominator, if nothing else.

People have always had a hard time coping with disappointment, yeah, but in past generations, "disappointment" meant getting drafted into a war right out of high school and coming home missing a body part. And most of THOSE people still went on to live healthy and productive lives, PTSD and all. Mass shootings ANYWHERE have never been as rampant, even when it was far EASIER for angry people to get guns than it is today.

It's almost like people's values changed since then!

"The girl I liked won't talk to me, and the football coach said I smell. Better get a gun and shoot them all dead!" is a f*cking brand new idea. Less than 20 years old. Disprove it.

Kids nowadays, for some reason, think this kind of response to "disappointment" is appropriate. Or else it's cutting/self-mutilation, or whatever. All of this is relatively new, and it's being taught to them somehow. For hundreds of years, people didn't act this way, and now they do. WHY? That's what I want to know. I have my own theories, and I'm PRETTY sure they're right, but most people don't even seem to care about any of that, they just want to talk about guns, the least-important link in the entire chain.

I don't care about guns. I care about why we're raising a generation of maladjusted pussies who think mass-murder "fixes" people teasing you. That's the Real Problem. Their brains are broken, we need to raise them differently. Or stop having them altogether. I'm fine with that idea as well; we're obviously regressing as a species, in spite of all this technology. Hmmm... could it be that all this technology that isolates and dehumanizes us could ALSO be a factor in the current state of things? Hmmmm....

Yes. It is.

If things are going to improve, people need to focus on what's actually going on and stop trying to change the subject.
------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
There has been nothing to come out suggesting the shooter was racist.
As for the racist angle, pretty sure this kid was, based on what I read. Evidence being, he apparently often wore SS or Nazi-inspired pins on his clothing and other things like that (although to be fair, he may not have even understood what they meant). But also, Texas. Let's be honest, those people would still call black people "N-Word (First Name)" if they could get away with it.

On the other hand, he apparently shot at people with no racial bias at all, aiming only for people he disliked regardless of race.

So it would seem that the shooter was indeed a racist, BUT, the shooting itself was not particularly racially motivated. That's how it looks, anyway.

It's worth paying attention to, at least, because it means that if he didn't do what he did, he was only a few years away from carrying out a racially-motivated shooting on behalf of some white-supremacist group, anyway. That's almost a certainty, given what we know.

Kid was cracked, and he was going to explode over someone, for some reason, it was only a matter of time. Someone should'a f*cking done something long before now. Where were his parents, teachers, guidance counselors, or... anyone?

Texas governor says, "No warning signs", kids who knew him say differently. Evidence such as what was on the kid's Facebook page supports the latter.

What a mess.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Last edited by Leo656; 05-20-2018 at 09:15 PM.
Leo656 is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 09:20 PM   #56
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Spoiler:
Show me the number of school shootings every year between, say, 1960 and 2000. If they're close to the numbers since Columbine, we can talk. They're not, though, so we won't.

And of course mass shootings and other killings don't JUST happen at schools... only MOSTLY. That means it's predominantly a Young Male problem. As in, "Young Males of the current generation can't handle not getting their way, and respond by hurting people." That's a common denominator, if nothing else.

People have always had a hard time coping with disappointment, yeah, but in past generations, "disappointment" meant getting drafted into a war right out of high school and coming home missing a body part. And most of THOSE people still went on to live healthy and productive lives, PTSD and all. Mass shootings ANYWHERE have never been as rampant, even when it was far EASIER for angry people to get guns than it is today.

It's almost like people's values changed since then!

"The girl I liked won't talk to me, and the football coach said I smell. Better get a gun and shoot them all dead!" is a f*cking brand new idea. Less than 20 years old. Disprove it.

Kids nowadays, for some reason, think this kind of response to "disappointment" is appropriate. Or else it's cutting/self-mutilation, or whatever. All of this is relatively new, and it's being taught to them somehow. For hundreds of years, people didn't act this way, and now they do. WHY? That's what I want to know. I have my own theories, and I'm PRETTY sure they're right, but most people don't even seem to care about any of that, they just want to talk about guns, the least-important link in the entire chain.

I don't care about guns. I care about why we're raising a generation of maladjusted pussies who think mass-murder "fixes" people teasing you. That's the Real Problem. Their brains are broken, we need to raise them differently. Or stop having them altogether. I'm fine with that idea as well; we're obviously regressing as a species, in spite of all this technology. Hmmm... could it be that all this technology that isolates and dehumanizes us could ALSO be a factor in the current state of things? Hmmmm....

Yes. It is.

If things are going to improve, people need to focus on what's actually going on and stop trying to change the subject.
------------------------------------


As for the racist angle, pretty sure this kid was, based on what I read. Evidence being, he apparently often wore SS or Nazi-inspired pins on his clothing and other things like that (although to be fair, he may not have even understood what they meant). But also, Texas. Let's be honest, those people would still call black people "N-Word (First Name)" if they could get away with it.

On the other hand, he apparently shot at people with no racial bias at all, aiming only for people he disliked regardless of race.

So it would seem that the shooter was indeed a racist, BUT, the shooting itself was not particularly racially motivated. That's how it looks, anyway.

It's worth paying attention to, at least, because it means that if he didn't do what he did, he was only a few years away from carrying out a racially-motivated shooting on behalf of some white-supremacist group, anyway. That's almost a certainty, given what we know.

Kid was cracked, and he was going to explode over someone, for some reason, it was only a matter of time. Someone should'a f*cking done something long before now. Where were his parents, teachers, guidance counselors, or... anyone?

Texas governor says, "No warning signs", kids who knew him say differently. Evidence such as what was on the kid's Facebook page supports the latter.


What a mess.
Damn, where is the lie tho
ProphetofGanja is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 09:26 PM   #57
Powder
Salami Origami
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 25,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
As for the racist angle, pretty sure this kid was, based on what I read. Evidence being, he apparently often wore SS or Nazi-inspired pins on his clothing and other things like that
He also wore communist & bisexual pride pins, peace signs, etc. None of it gels. He was just an edgelord using any symbology he could to ruffle feathers.
Powder is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 10:09 PM   #58
PApagreg
Mad Scientist
 
PApagreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Show me the number of school shootings every year between, say, 1960 and 2000. If they're close to the numbers since Columbine, we can talk. They're not, though, so we won't.

And of course mass shootings and other killings don't JUST happen at schools... only MOSTLY. That means it's predominantly a Young Male problem. As in, "Young Males of the current generation can't handle not getting their way, and respond by hurting people." That's a common denominator, if nothing else.

People have always had a hard time coping with disappointment, yeah, but in past generations, "disappointment" meant getting drafted into a war right out of high school and coming home missing a body part. And most of THOSE people still went on to live healthy and productive lives, PTSD and all. Mass shootings ANYWHERE have never been as rampant, even when it was far EASIER for angry people to get guns than it is today.

It's almost like people's values changed since then!

"The girl I liked won't talk to me, and the football coach said I smell. Better get a gun and shoot them all dead!" is a f*cking brand new idea. Less than 20 years old. Disprove
You know people did other horrible things other than "School Shootings" right, remeber how serial killers were big in the 60s-80s I bet most of them were had some sort of dissapointment, people lashing out towards other people has been a thing since the dawn of humankind and to say kids these days cant handle dissapointment just because there are 2 instances(with a 20 year old time gap so its not like these people are from the same generation) is beyond retarded.Also Columbine was in 1999 so you just listed your example.
PApagreg is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 10:10 PM   #59
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Yeah and guess what London is still safer than 50 major cities from the USA, New York has one of the strictest gun laws in the country so bad example there also thats only in a 2 month time frame if we looked at it year by year then we see London having less murders than New York City. Also New York hasnt really been notorious for gun violence in years
No its a great example, bc the two cities have the same population almost and one allows guns and the other doesn't. The city with the gun ban has had more murders than the city that allows guns.

Its common sense.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 10:18 PM   #60
PApagreg
Mad Scientist
 
PApagreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
No its a great example, bc the two cities have the same population almost and one allows guns and the other doesn't. The city with the gun ban has had more murders than the city that allows guns.

Its common sense.
No its bad example on your part because New York has strict gun laws so unless you support more strcter gun laws I doubt you want to use New York as an example. Also again its just a 2 month period and if you look at it year by year London tends to have less murders than New York so lets wait until 2018 ends before we start comparing cities
PApagreg is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.