The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #41
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
You're boh welcome- and I hope you guys weren't being sarcastic about that. I know the thing was sort of a joke, but it just really grated on my "accuracy" nerve. If you're going to do something like that, at least make sure you're getting your facts straight!!!
Quote:
No, they did NOT go "over my head". I just didn't find them AT ALL funny. Please do not confuse my rant for a lack of "getting" it, or a lack of a sense of humor. The fact that I'm a TMNT fan (And Spaceballs! C'mon, who doesn't love Mel Brooks?) should be enough to show that I do. Because most of that vid was completely false, or had little enough "accuracy" that it just blew the humor for me. I "got" it just fine- I just though it wasn't funny. STUPID would be the word I'd use..... See my above posts for why. I guess some people have different ideas of what is funny, and to each their own, but I can't laugh at something so obviously wrong. On the contrary, it makes me want to hit someone- REALLY hard.
Quote:
Really? Apparently, sarcasm escapes you. And it is also quite apparent that you were taking my statements too literally. Would I LIKE to smack the person up-side the head for stupidity making that vid? Yes. Would I actually DO it? Probably not. And no, I'm not mad about it- just disgusted. Unfortunately, there are people who would also take that as factual and true, and that's what disgusts me. It's not funny- it's SAD.

I misinterpreted NOTHING, although you obviously missed my earlier statement that I KNEW it was "supposed" to be a joke. IMO, it's just a really dumb and BAD joke. Some might have gotten a lught out if it, and that's fine, as I said, but I felt the ridiculous statements in it needed to be addressed in an ACTUAL "scientifically accurate" manner. Since WHEN is having an opinion that so-called "facts" should actually BE facts an indicator of "not getting it"? Maybe I just have a higher standard of humor than some who found that tripe funny. Was it cleverly made? Sure, from a thematic stand-point. Was it funny? Not for someone who has actually done some research on turtles. Half-baked was more like it. IMHO, of course. YMMV.....

And incidentally, I don't need clinical aid- though I've been known to occasionally Gibbs-smack people who need it. And trust me, after having spent most of my adult life working in retail and food-service, I can assure you that the world is FULL of them!!! (Then again, I'm also a fan of the Darwin Awards, and wish we could take all the warning labels off of everything and let survival of the fittest solve some of the current problems of our society. But that's just one gal's opinion...)
Quote:
Looks like he missed one. But that's okay, not everyone "gets it" all the time. Just like not everyone has the same ideas about what's funny. No biggie- but I wonder why he felt the need to treat my little rebuttal of the vid as "not getting" the joke. So we're all supposed to laugh at it even if we think it's stupid? That's kind of narrow-minded, ain't it? Ah well, my entire purpose for that first post was simply to set the record straight on the misinformation that was presented as "facts" (albeit jokingly). Maybe if someone would do something like that that actually WAS accurate, I'd have laughed at it, but as it is.... *shrugs*

As a side-note, I'm something of a nature-lover and armchair naturalist, so things like this REALLY annoy me. Having spent much of my life in the outdoors and/or reading/watching anything I could get my hands on about animals and nature in general, it something that really irks me when I see poorly researched ideas and such propagated like this, even in an attempt to be humorous. I guess I just take it kind of personally on behalf of science in general, and Mother Nature as a whole. (BTW, I'm also Wiccan, and actively try to promote respect and understanding of nature and the living world in all things. It's one of the reasons that thing bugged me so much. Just sayin'.)
Quote:
What is your deal? I posted a few logical and factual corrections to something, and suddenly I not only "don't get it" according to you, but now I'm being absurd, too? WHERE do you get off saying that?! If you can't tell the difference between being serious and sarcasm, then maybe you're the one with problems. I'm starting to see why others have had issues with how you reply to folks around here. It's guys like you that give the net a bad name. Calling someone names and PRESUMING you know what's going on in their head- and assuming you're RIGHT?! How much more immature and arrogant can you GET? No, really. I want to know. I've been here only a little more than a week, and already you're BASHING me?! Get a life. PLEASE. Way to make a gal feel welcome, BTW!!
Quote:
No, I'm taking his condescending attitude seriously. As a former Mod on another forum, I find that kind of thing rude and utterly unacceptable. I'm just calling him out on it. Some people really need to stop putting words in otehrs' "mouths" and acting judgemental and patronizing. If this was the Marvel boards, he'd have been banned by now. I've already seen him do the same thing to others on here even before I joined.

Having a huge post-count doesn't give anyone the right to treat new-comers like second-class members of a board community. Nor does it mean they are entitled to act like they know everything. I'm considering making a complaint on this. Nothing to do with the vid itself- just people's snide comments in reply to my earlier post in this thread. If someone didn't like what I posted, fine. But DON'T act like I'm some kind of clueless idiot just because I chose to post some corrections in response to that!
Quote:
I know perfectly well that others are entitled to their opinions (and I believe I said that SEVERAL times already), but no one is enttitled to act like theirs are "better" than anyone else's, or act as if they know what someone is like/thinks/knows just from a few posts(You don't know someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes, as they say). And of course, opinions are like a-h***s- we all have them (and I'm sure you know the rest...).

Also, I'm aware that this is not the Marvel boards- I was just pointing out that the comments he made would have resulted in some serious consequences on many other forums. I also frequent Candlekeep, a Forgotten Realms fan-site. The Mods there would have reprimanded him for that too. I've noticed this one seems a bit more lax in that regard. Not that a relaxed atmosphere is a bad thing, but one thing I learned as a Moderator was that some things should be nipped in the bud quickly. Condescension to other posters is one of those things. I speak from experience, folks.

Having been on the other side of the Mod screen, I can tell you it's a very thankless job, which is one reason why I gave it up after several years of dealing with such things. If nothing else, it has taught me to appreciate the reason they are there! (And that's something I really wish more people understood. Maybe if more posters knew what they had to deal with, they would be more respectful of others in general....)

Sorry if this has derailed the thread, BTW. Anyone who has a problem can feel free to PM me- which is really how this issue should have been handled to begin with, but.... *shrugs* Hindsight, and all that.
Best.Wrestling.Promo.Ever.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:32 AM   #42
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

i honestly don't read anything in Powder's post that would get him in any kind of trouble, and the humor in the video, at least for me is in the stupid inaccuracies.

Besides, there is no such thing as scientifically accurate bipedal Red Eared Sliders with the ability to human communication and is a martial arts master.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #43
Xav
Foot Elite

Now it seems the Parents Television Council has gotten upset over this.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,6278437.story
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #44
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

I don't get why everyone's jumping on MsMarvelDuckie's back over this. The "jokes" would have been funnier if they weren't flat out lies. "Scientifically Accurate Ninja Turtles" would be funnier if the jokes were actually scientifically accurate. That's kinda the whole point of the "Scientifically Accurate" series of videos to begin with. In my opinion, humor is better when there's some basis of truth behind it.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:40 AM   #45
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I just discovered this video independent of this thread, so I had to bump this... it's just so... WOW... rude, hilarious, it has everything

Very NSFW of course.

I laughed out loud twice >.<
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:21 PM   #46
Lou 500
Hench Mutant

I've really come to despise that toon for its "accuracy" (turtles are not deaf, dammit) and the juevenile crack about turtle dongs at the end.
Lou 500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
youtube