The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-01-2018, 05:42 PM   #861
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Kept off and on hearing a sound I had a feeling was a mouse. I figured maybe there was one somewhere in the little hallway at the top of the attic steps near where I'm sitting. Eventually heard movement behind me and turned around... Darn thing, a rather young one, just sitting there behind me like it's no big deal. Too young and stupid to remain hidden.

Cute little thing. Trying to make me feel bad setting those traps in the attic, but this nonsense needs to stop.

This one was lucky it was simply caught (and didn't take too long) and turned loose outside by a brush pile. I hope far enough that it won't come back, but god only knows...
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:29 PM   #862
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Had some spooky goings on last night, oddly enough. Kept seeing something small and dark passing next to me between the coffee table and couch out of the cornee of my eye, when both cats were nowhere nearby. Every time I looked, I saw nothing, but it would appear again a few minutes later. We've had little shadows in the apartment before, and then tonight my small plastic Jack-O-lantern kept lighting up on its own, when neither of us had switched it on. Must be because it's that time of year....

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:33 AM   #863
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I just can not take this use of "NPC" in the real world seriously. People seem to think this is a good insult, but come on... it's just laughable. Imagine trying to use some very Turtles-specific thing as an insult toward part of the general public, expecting people outside the fanbase to agree to be insulted by it. They'd be correct in laughing at us, and even more-so at those on "our side" that join in on using the term but have no clue what it actually means.

Although given that I'm seeing it used by some of the more hateful, politically-motivated trollish types elsewhere online, I'm not minding being freely handed a reason to laugh at them and maybe knock them down a peg.

It's great and all that society has embraced "geek culture" to a point, but come on, there is a limit... lol
Old 11-05-2018, 06:01 PM   #864
Vegita-San
Emperor

debated about bringing this one up, but something rather odd i noticed....
was listening to a rob interview recently somewhere. one line came across rather odd.

The comment was basically 'the original series is pure capitalism, I get that. and some would even argue it went on way longer than it should have'

I've never heard him talk about the original show like that before. But, he was there to promote the NEW series. one no one was really asking for, right after a rather well received reboot finished. to me, it sounded like marketing suggestion talk...and being at a higher level of director, it also means a new way to having to promote things at the corporate level. He had to mention the ethnicity of the voice actors in another interview, and he didn't sound too happy about having to point out something so pointless either.

just rang kind of odd to me.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:43 PM   #865
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Kind of love this card. Only one of my stores had it (BJ's which I can't shop at), and just one. Glad someone bought it, but I'm sorta sad it's gone.

Ah well, too pricey for me anyhow. Still that cloud face though... lol

Spoiler:
Inside message: "Sorry things suck right now."
Old 11-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #866
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

It's here ...

The future is upon us ...
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:19 PM   #867
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Oh good, so it will no longer just be those of us with small jobs that people like to threaten with being replaced someday by robots.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:07 PM   #868
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

Whoever that thought it would be a great idea to start playing Christmas music on a local radio station ..within the first week of November.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:00 AM   #869
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's basically everywhere by this point. My brother works at Starbucks and says it's started up.

Last week I applied for a job and found Christmas music playing.

The plus side of applying for a job at Bath and Body Works is I'll go into the Nutcracker at Montreal looking like I killed the Sugar Plum Fairy in the amount of glow dust scrub would have coated myself in. If I get the job. (With the help of someone I know who works there...probably)
Old 11-12-2018, 03:12 PM   #870
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I looked up what kind of voting machines my state/area uses. Found a pdf "poster" with six simple steps on using it. This is the final step:

Quote:
After pressing the green VOTE button, part the
curtain with your hand and walk through the
curtain and out of the voting machine.
Number six is literally instructions on how to leave. I mean, thank god, someone might have gotten trapped behind that curtain forever!

Maybe they were trying to be funny including that? lol
Old 11-12-2018, 04:46 PM   #871
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I looked up what kind of voting machines my state/area uses. Found a pdf "poster" with six simple steps on using it. This is the final step:

Number six is literally instructions on how to leave. I mean, thank god, someone might have gotten trapped behind that curtain forever!

Maybe they were trying to be funny including that? lol
Most people I see on my FB feed proudly proclaiming "I Voted!" are the types who'd spend all day trying to eat their soup with a fork and knife.

"Better safe than sorry", most likely.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:06 PM   #872
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Why must those blind 'bag' Harry Potter wands at Walmart be almost $14? I'd love to get two or three as fun gifts for people, but for the love of god, it's a plastic stick, how is it worth that price? And at Walmart of all places.

No blind bag things ever seem to be cheap, but when it's random stuff they want you to take chances on to try to collect multiples of them... come on now. It ruins the fun by making buying even just a few unattractive.

11/21 -- Just me, or are the kids pictured on this knock off Connect Four game box (as seen on eBay) really not the right age group?

Choking hazards, too young to understand the game, and lack of dexterity to put those small disks in the slot... Sure, why not, perfect match.

Spoiler:

Oh gosh, another winner. Not box art, but what are they thinking... Just slapping images together now.
Spoiler:

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-21-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #873
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

MST3K is back up and it's about fekkin time they're tearing into Mac and Me!
Old 11-30-2018, 01:30 PM   #874
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

So there was a thing that happened last night- I was playing one of my app games on my phone, (RuneScape, for those curious) and walked into an odd convo on the global chat. Apparently there was a flat-earther in there, who was also a full-tilt conspiracy theorist, and also a "Jew-Supremacist?!" I was not even aware that was a THING!! So I decided to join in, and basically this guy (18, so he said, which explains SOOO much...) was a complete loon, but it was entertaining as heck, and I stuck.around for about an hour and a half to chat with the bunch he was preaching to. Hilarious stuff. Like 9-11 was perpetrated by India and paid for by the US as an excuse to blame Afganistan and Iraq to have an excuse to build oil pipelines?? At least that was the gist. And all kinds of "math" falacies regarding why there is no curve to the earth, including that no one is allowed to go to Antartica because it's where the edge is- never mind that there are whole science teams that live there and record video year-round. And how Jews are superior to everyone else (he was spouting about how they "last longer" during sex because of circumcision...) and how they own the US govmnt and media and could take down every Islamic country at once. It was amusing listening to the guy rant and spin his bs. I think I had more fun with the discussion than I did playing! (This was all done over a fishing skill spot, so basically we were all sitting there catching fish while arguing with the loon.)

Old 11-30-2018, 02:55 PM   #875
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
This was all done over a fishing skill spot, so basically we were all sitting there catching fish while arguing with the loon.
I swear, the best stuff in MMOs always happen when you aren't really even playing.

What a crazy kid. Dropped on his head, very badly home schooled, or just really into the drugs...?
Old 11-30-2018, 03:06 PM   #876
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

He claimed to live in Isreal, which I find even funnier, given his supremacist views. Claiming their military could wipe the floor with all their surrounding neighbors? I mean, their country is constantly under fire, and wouldn't even exist as a nation if not for the US having helped found/build it. But the flat earth stuff combined with those views was just frigging loony-bin hilarity material. I mean, pretty sure he was trolling, but gotta give credit for creativity! Especially being on a US server.....

And OH! The irony.....

Old 11-30-2018, 07:29 PM   #877
Leo656
The Franchise

My wife got into it with a flat-Earther a few months ago. Can't remember specifics, but I remember it was the hardest I'd laughed in a while.

While they may not be the largest, the Israeli military is notoriously bad-ass. They're some of the most dangerous people in the world. The guy was obviously going full-tilt on the hyperbole, but they've absolutely got their sh*t together. I mean, we really ought to have THEIR security people advise us on OUR airport security, for example, because those people simply don't f*ck around. I've seen/read many people who hail from Israel politely label our airport security as, "a complete joke", but we're too prideful to look for outside help. Ah well.

Having never NOT been circumcised (not Jewish, but a lot of Catholics do it too), I can't offer any comparison, but I've definitely, definitely heard a lot of people say that you can last longer because there's a little bit less sensitivity. Who knows if that's true, I kinda think it is, but even then... it's probably a very negligible difference.

See, people like that guy are why I simply CAN'T let people retire use of the word "retarded". We clearly still need it, even just for extreme situations.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:09 AM   #878
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well, the D&D game finally took a weird turn.

We've been playing Waterdeep: Dragonheist

Spoiler:
Where chapter one ended with my character (a halfling wizard who was created by a Beholder) eventually brought out her "secret weapon" of a father for the first time because a mindflayer almost killed them at the end of their rescue mission, and she was freaking out.

It ended disappointingly with Beholder Dad just being like "'kay, sweetie" and disintegrating the Mindflayer. Which is why Tami only decided to call for his help in real emergencies.

And what do we get for trudging through a sewer, going up against Gazers, a bunch of goblins, a dark dwarf and a bandit, the slime they were trying to block out, and a mindflayer and his half-orc, all in order to save one guy? A run-down manor haunted by its previous owner. Which my halfling had to pay out of her pocket because she was absolutely loaded. Thanks Volo.

It's interesting trying to keep Tami out of Mary Sue territory, but I think she is to some degree.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:05 PM   #879
Vegita-San
Emperor

when you see certain threads pop up constantly...

when certain people on here trash you for being old and 40, and then lament they are turning 30...or younger...and wondering how people 'handle' it.

having some little snot say your are out dated on the net for one thing :/..

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #880
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I don't recall anyone saying anyone was old or outdated- unless you mean Cubed bemoaning getting older again. But that's his schtick. He's obsessed with his age, for some weird reason. Probably because he spent his life growing up "on the net" instead of living it.