The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 08-23-2023, 03:23 PM   #81
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleManiac View Post
Chicago woman has been arrested after making death threats, threatening the lives of Donald Trump Sr and his youngest son Barron. Arrested by Secret Service.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-threat.html
Haha wow the SS be like Uncle Adolfs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
That's original. And mature. Enjoy your inflation and looming nuclear war!
I’m Canadian so I worry not lol. True we have our own issues up here but we’re sitting almost pretty compared to y’all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Why though? I mean his tweets weren’t that bad, were they?
No but his mindless nonsensical rants and speeches, plus his butt buddies in North Korea and Russia sure were lol. All I know is y’all won’t be better off if he’s elected again. Not saying the same about Biden either but ye lesser of two evils. I’ll be enjoying the Presidential elections as always cause it’s hilarious

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 03:25 PM   #82
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
I’m Canadian so I worry not lol. True we have our own issues up here but we’re sitting almost pretty compared to y’all
You guys don't even have free speech there. gtfoh!
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 03:32 PM   #83
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
What makes ya think that? We don’t have no nazi ss people censoring us

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 08-23-2023, 04:38 PM   #84
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
So...? I'm European myself. We're foreign nationals, not ostriches; inflation is global and nukes aren’t nearly as polite as Canadians. But feel free to continue living in your fantasy bubble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday's Serial View Post
Because a lot of people on the left are in groups that are being targeted and in one form or another losing their agency, humanity, or lives to policies or people supported by rightwing/conservative policies.

They wish to stop being harmed. They are mad, and yes lashing out. They're fighting for survival in a number of cases. When policies that harm you are put forward, it's a pretty natural, and historically proven reaction that you will wish harm or death on the people who implemented it.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 05:05 PM   #85
Wolfie65
Foot Soldier

Politics is show biz for the ugly
- Rush Limbaugh, ca. 1990-onwards
I'll add this: There is only 1 party, the rest is distraction theater for the masses.
Wolfie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 06:20 PM   #86
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
What makes ya think that? We don’t have no nazi ss people censoring us
how'd that trucker strike go for you? seemed pretty surpressed there.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 07:03 PM   #87
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Even people showing up to protest or were suspected of protesting had their bank accounts frozen. Pretty wild stuff.
Old 08-23-2023, 07:23 PM   #88
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Even people showing up to protest or were suspected of protesting had their bank accounts frozen. Pretty wild stuff.
Canada is this sort of beautiful, sprawling country with amazing land. All under a weird, veiled dictatorship. Canada is as weird as Austrailia in that it's like everyone waves at the camera like it's a free and awesome place, but it's all under an ideology gun that their leadership actually wields.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 09:02 PM   #89
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
So...? I'm European myself. We're foreign nationals, not ostriches; inflation is global and nukes aren’t nearly as polite as Canadians. But feel free to continue living in your fantasy bubble.
Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Only when they started acting like total morons. People seem to forget that fact. Nobody remembers that most of em were acting like total dickheads causing problems for local businesses and people. Y’all wanna protest sure go ahead. Bur don’t act like a$$holes and expect there not to be consequences. Sh*tting on peoples lawns, noise law violations and the list went on and on. They were far from peaceful. Now I ain’t sayin there weren’t some peaceful protests going on sure, but all it takes is a few d*cks to wreck things for the rest

Quote:
Most of that was proven bullsh*t later on. The ones who has their assets actually frozen were the ones who disrupted and otherwise made life miserable for the locals. Not everyone was “innocent”

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 08-23-2023, 09:03 PM   #90
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Canada is this sort of beautiful, sprawling country with amazing land. All under a weird, veiled dictatorship. Canada is as weird as Austrailia in that it's like everyone waves at the camera like it's a free and awesome place, but it's all under an ideology gun that their leadership actually wields.
Well most of that is true, unless you live here the majority of y’all don’t have any idea wtf you’re talkin about so ye. I’m not stupid I know what it’s like here and I don’t live in delusions that we don’t have issues as a country but again still not nearly as bad as anywhere else. I’d rather live in Canada then the so-called “Good Ole USA” or “Divided States”. Land of the free, home of the brave my big fat hairy backside

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 08-24-2023, 01:15 AM   #91
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I mean.... do we? You can literally lose your job over an edgy joke nowadays.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 01:21 AM   #92
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Well most of that is true, unless you live here the majority of y’all don’t have any idea wtf you’re talkin about so ye. I’m not stupid I know what it’s like here and I don’t live in delusions that we don’t have issues as a country but again still not nearly as bad as anywhere else. I’d rather live in Canada then the so-called “Good Ole USA” or “Divided States”. Land of the free, home of the brave my big fat hairy backside
You're good then. You're coo.
Old 08-24-2023, 07:01 AM   #93
ChosenOne
Banned

That guy's the very definition of "Ignorance is bliss".
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 09:04 AM   #94
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Well most of that is true, unless you live here the majority of y’all don’t have any idea wtf you’re talkin about so ye
Very interesting position on this given how often Trudeau's extremist "reign" makes the news. But you know - now that you took the "unless you live here" position you're basically going to be under permanent scrutiny about anything you have to say about the U.S.

But don't feel bad about your country - Australia is way worse. Hell, I always liked going to Canada - they used to print their G.I. Joe file cards with both English and French.
Old 08-24-2023, 11:08 AM   #95
Barkworm
Super Moderator

I think there would be a lot of actual progress and social reconciliation in the US if the 2 party system finally crumbled. The way it is, the fanboys always seem to stay with their team and the more rational rest holds their nose, closes their eyes and just votes whatever seems to disgust them less.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 11:10 AM   #96
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
I’d rather live in Canada then the so-called “Good Ole USA” or “Divided States”. Land of the free, home of the brave my big fat hairy backside
To each his own, eh? Some people prefer Canadian maple syrup, others prefer American apple pie. Either way, you still have to deal with commie weirdos that make everything about race, gender, and climate change.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 08-24-2023 at 11:23 AM.
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 01:42 PM   #97
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
I think there would be a lot of actual progress and social reconciliation in the US if the 2 party system finally crumbled. The way it is, the fanboys always seem to stay with their team and the more rational rest holds their nose, closes their eyes and just votes whatever seems to disgust them less.
You could say the same mostly here in the UK about Conservatives and Labour.
Old 08-24-2023, 03:16 PM   #98
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
Well you know - it wasn't always that way but memories are short, especially when inundated with polarization for several years. The truth is that I think (and I admit, this could easily be called more of the same) the left became so extreme and so vocal over nonsense once the "Everybody gets a trophy" generation came onto the scene, that it couldn't help but be galvanizing.

Because let's face it - that was the impetus generation for all of this. And the psychology runs deep. But I think the more reality sets in for these people - the more they are fired from jobs and the more life hits them and they don't get trophies for failure the more you'll see them forced to adapt and the less galvanizing things will be.

Honest to God - the last many years of Clown World are born of synergy between culminating events, but it truly takes a generational mindset to make these things nationwide movements. In this case, everybody got a trophy and couldn't handle opposition in adulthood when they didn't win even in loss.
Old 08-24-2023, 10:15 PM   #99
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Well you know - it wasn't always that way but memories are short, especially when inundated with polarization for several years.
Maybe but this has been going on for decades now. People in their 20s and even 30s do not remember it any other way. On the right, people tend to blame Obama for the polarization but the George W. years weren't that different and neither was the Clinton era.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 11:29 PM   #100
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

In retrospect, the piece with a focus on race and systemic racism definitely took off during Obama's second term, and by design. The participation trophy stuff was already well baked into the cake by that point.