The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-08-2017, 09:50 PM   #481
sdp
-

I liked BvS despite the flaws but it seems that they're doubling down on "OMG PEOPLE DIDN'T LIKE IT LET'S CHANGE EVERYTHING WE HAD PLANNED" which isn't a good idea.

It's sad they're selling Cyborg as an Iron Man like character except he is no Tony Stark even if they try to mimic his abilities. Flash looks pretty good as does Aquaman, I have liked Affleck's Batman so more of that is fine and so is Superman. Wonder Woman seems off but oh well.

Darkseid in the first movie alongside the Return of Superman in that same movie is such a bad decision but so was having the The Dark Knight Returns & The Death of Superman in one.

This movie did hype me up a little bit more but it's nowhere near my hype for BvS. I'm still unsure if I even want to watch it in theaters.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:55 PM   #482
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Barry is acting like a fool, not unlike tmnt Michelangelo. otherwise nice trailer.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:56 PM   #483
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
Barry is acting like a fool, not unlike tmnt Michelangelo. otherwise nice trailer.
I love the Flash geeking all out.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:01 AM   #484
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

As with the Star Wars 8 trailer, this one did nothing for me.
I still think it’s too late for this cinematic universe. Nothing they do will be able to redeem it.
Also of note, this is the 5th film in the DCCU and most of the main cast haven’t done anything in any other film apart from being introduced. So apart from introducing the villains, carrying out the plot, and setting up future films, this film has to provide some backstory to each of those characters and give them some characterization.
Yeeeeah, I dont it’ll be able to do all that.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:09 PM   #485
Vegita-San
Emperor

Saw the news about Affleck coming out today.

And one of the things I thought of was all those articles coming out confirming he's still associated with batman. i would hope that changes rather quickly.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #486
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I still think it’s too late for this cinematic universe. Nothing they do will be able to redeem it.
Also of note, this is the 5th film in the DCCU and most of the main cast haven’t done anything in any other film apart from being introduced. So apart from introducing the villains, carrying out the plot, and setting up future films, this film has to provide some backstory to each of those characters and give them some characterization.
Yeeeeah, I dont it’ll be able to do all that.
Yeah, this seems to be the biggest problem with the DCCU to me too.

Only Wonder Woman and Superman have truly had their own films to have their characters explored and fleshed out. Everyone else, especially secondary characters are more like archetypes or in some cases cardboard cut-outs, mere stand-ins giving the appearance of fully-developed characters.

One of the reasons The Avengers worked so well was because pretty much all of the characters had been given ample screentime beforehand to be introduced to the audience, explored, developed, evolved. The DCCU has none of that. I don't see how they can fix it while still trying to keep the whole thing moving forward, it's like trying to repair a train that's hurtling down the tracks. Oh well, glad I'm not a studio exec at Warner Bros
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:49 PM   #487
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post

And one of the things I thought of was all those articles coming out confirming he's still associated with batman. i would hope that changes rather quickly.
Ben Affleck as Batman is perfect fine. Matt Reeves should do an excellent job directing him in the Batman movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:52 PM   #488
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post

Only Wonder Woman and Superman have truly had their own films to have their characters explored and fleshed out. Everyone else, especially secondary characters are more like archetypes or in some cases cardboard cut-outs, mere stand-ins giving the appearance of fully-developed characters.
With solo films coming out after JL, they seem to be doing the Marvel strategy in reverse.

I'd imagine that the Flashpoint film (if it even still happens) is going to be a soft reboot of sorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:56 PM   #489
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post

One of the reasons The Avengers worked so well was because pretty much all of the characters had been given ample screentime beforehand to be introduced to the audience, explored, developed, evolved. The DCCU has none of that. I don't see how they can fix it while still trying to keep the whole thing moving forward, it's like trying to repair a train that's hurtling down the tracks. Oh well, glad I'm not a studio exec at Warner Bros
Batman got plenty of development in BvS, AND everybody already knows who the hell Batman is.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #490
CyberCubed
Overlord

I expect the Matt Reeves Batman solo film to be excellent. I love most of Matt Reeves recent movies.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:55 PM   #491
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

First, Joss Whedon's adultery was brought to light. Now, Ben Affleck's past sexual misconduct is coming to light.

WARNING: Viewer discretion is advised. Proceed with caution.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 10-11-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:41 PM   #492
Shark_Blade
Emperor

My take: His past behaviour was wrong, but looking at the present time now:
- he condemned that kind of act
- he apologised for his past behaviour

He's man enough to admit he was wrong. Some people do change through time. It's none of our business now, it's between him and that woman to settle this.

It doesn't deter my interest for the film nor of Ben Affleck. Justice League hype!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:59 AM   #493
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Oh my God ...

WARNING: The following contains sensitive material. Viewer discretion is advised. Proceed with caution.

This is just disgusting.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #494
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Who cares he was commenting on the show he was working on Game Of Thrones which probably had some rape scenes in the show do to the fictional time period . Christ Women like Pappenbrook get triggered about every little thing.

Also like Affleck He Apologized

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 10-14-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:03 PM   #495
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Who cares he was commenting on the show he was working on Game Of Thrones which probably had some rape scenes in the show do to the fictional time period . Christ Women get triggered about every little thing.

Also like Affleck He Apologized
Well, one thing's for sure. I'm never going to watch the Justice League movie.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:18 PM   #496
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Well, one thing's for sure. I'm never going to watch the Justice League movie.
Okay, Hannah. You do that... or don't, as the case may be.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:28 PM   #497
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

It's not so much that I won't watch it as I just can't/don't want to watch it.

I would just feel uncomfortable viewing it, knowing that some of the people behind the scenes/film are hypocritical and vile people. I would be feeling immense guilt, as I feel that I would be supporting said people and/or their actions. I would feel as though I were/was encouraging/condoning/excusing their past transgressions.

In other words, if I were to view the film, I just wouldn't feel like myself. I'm sorry.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 01-05-2021 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:08 AM   #498
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
It's not that I won't watch it as I just can't/don't want to watch it.

I would just feel uncomfortable viewing it, knowing that some of the people behind the scenes/film are hypocritical and vile people. Not to mention it would just make me feel guilty, as I would feel like that I support said people. I would feel like I encourage/condone/excuse their past transgressions.

In other words, if I were to view the film, I just wouldn't feel like myself. I'm sorry.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 10-14-2017 at 01:19 AM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:14 AM   #499
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
It's not that I won't watch it as I just can't/don't want to watch it.

I would just feel uncomfortable viewing it, knowing that some of the people behind the scenes/film are hypocritical and vile people. Not to mention it would just make me feel guilty, as I would feel like that I support said people. I would feel like I encourage/condone/excuse their past transgressions.

Sounds like you're being so overly sensitive. Are you, Papenbrook, menstruating right now?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:44 AM   #500
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
What about the "good" people who have put in countless hours over the last few years making this movie? They don't deserve to have their work seen?
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote