Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 02:55 PM   #4621
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I do wonder if the villains we've seen so far will have any real personality, a lot of the Nick monster mutants generally didn't talk and were just monsters to fight, I can see a lot of the mutants in this show being similar.
Meat Sweats from what we've seen so far, is totally a Gordon Ramsay parody.

Where's the lammmbbb saaaucceee!!??

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:58 PM   #4622
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Being the leader isn't a personality trait, it's a job description.
Yeah, you don't say, that's why I said
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
very related to his personality traits and skills
because his demeanor, skills, and talents make him good at the job.

Usually...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
Nobody is reserved or cautious (lol because kids these days are too ADD to appreciate a calm patient character), which is what a character ensemble typically needs for the sake of diversity. A group where everyone acts the same can get boring.

These are simply my predictions. I hope I'm wrong.
Concerns that have unfortunately also been brought up before, so you might not be far off the mark.

Donnie is lucky that he's got more going for him with his projects and whatnot, but even he's the self proclaimed "adrenaline enthusiast" now, presumably to make the laid back, somewhat reserved 'geek' more interesting too.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:02 PM   #4623
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Wtf, don't change the context of my words. It's certainly not the first time I've expressed concern about how they may go about it (given it's what people believe will happen) when a lot was already discussed before you joined in. I may not be overly fond of Raph, but I don't want to see any of the team effed over for the sake of this trend of always needing to twist things up now to "make it new."

And no, I think it's pretty damn stupid that for some reason Leo's role in the group, and very related to his personality traits and skills that even make him an asset and necessary to be there, is somehow regarded as something that should be up for grabs.

I mean, yay, his role now is to act like an annoying butthead and have a magic sword. Fantastic. Hopefully the sword will at least be an aid to the team and not just a special battle move.

You're upset but you just see leadership role as the only thing Leo could ever possibly be. And raphael is just "the angry guy."

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Old 07-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #4624
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Get to Know Leo

https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/1016789239579774977
Old 07-10-2018, 03:06 PM   #4625
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Stuff like this is why I'm glad I've shifted more towards the Transformative side of Fandom, because the Conservation side is just...so exhausting, with very little joy.
I'm excited to see what happens with a Leo that isn't automatically drafted to be babysitter to his brothers.

And if that doesn't work out, well then I'll go back to Mirage, where the most fun thing Leo did was sign Raph up for the Barry Manilow fanclub.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:08 PM   #4626
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
You're upset but you just see leadership role as the only thing Leo could ever possibly be. And raphael is just "the angry guy."
Well, I gotta say, trying to tell people what they personally think is a great way to help a thread crash and burn if that's what you're actually after.

Most people here aren't that simple. Esp not Raph or Leo fans that can admittedly get a bit passionate about it, be it this project or another.

Leadership also certainly isn't the only thing removed from him. I've already criticized it before for changing his personality entirely which sucks the most of any of it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-10-2018 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:20 PM   #4627
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I hope we get to see more of Donnie soon.

I think he's such a cutie.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #4628
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

A little while ago I thought about making a thread. A "contest" where people could create their own show outline,basic plot synopsis, character descriptions, even concept art. Their perfect TMNT show. And then we all vote on it. No prizes because I'm poor but at least we all can find fullfillment outside of whatever Rise is offering.

As a Sonic the Hedgehog fan, I've learned that people should use their frustration to fuel fan content.

Can this be a thing?

^^^^
Old 07-10-2018, 03:55 PM   #4629
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

I actually like this new Leo lol

For Raphael, at least for this show, I wouldn't care if they turned him into 80s Raph, or just full on got rid of his anger issues. It fits the tone of what they are going for. Comedy. I'm very much open to changes to a certain extent.

But something about being "dumb" as a character trait bothers me. And how they might use that so he'll step down as leader.

I'll still try to at-least remain excited.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #4630
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post

For Raphael, at least for this show, I wouldn't care if they turned him into 80s Raph, or just full on got rid of his anger issues. It fits the tone of what they are going for. Comedy. I'm very much open to changes to a certain extent.

But something about being "dumb" as a character trait bothers me. And how they might use that so he'll step down as leader.

An 80's-like Raph with anger issues (anger issues to be explored and actually mean something) could be something like Archie-Raph.

I'd totally be for this...

^^^^
Old 07-10-2018, 04:18 PM   #4631
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:

Yeah, the "dumb meathead" shtick is kinda lame and dull imo.

He (and the others) may not have Donnie's kind of smarts and maybe Raph's not the more thinking type like Donnie and Leo, but like Mikey he's more the instinctive type... Maybe he's not the good strategist that Leo is, but he has it in him to make good instinctive fast judgement when called for.

Like the guy who just instinctively made the right move that saved all of them when the total plan was about the collapse. Or saved the plan.

Though I kind of prefer the gruffer, grumpy kind of Raph, esp as he's a good foil for Leo, but reasons for why he is the way he is would be a plus.

Also, my mom was in here talking to me for few just now with my recnetly turned 2-year-old nephew on his good behavior looking around (as he normally isn't allowed in this room). Most of his attention was on some of my Turtle figures and a plastic Leo face mask (as a collectable - glasses kinda make actual use impossible for Halloween) I've got hanging up with one of those costume shirts from Halloween. Before leaving the room he waved bye-bye to the Leo mask. Kinda made my evening. He's I think just lately realizing that they're the "Turtles" and now actually trying to say it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-10-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:43 PM   #4632
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I think Rise!Leonardo is kinda similar to Sonic in a way.

They both like to crack whimsy jokes, wear blue apparel, and fight unbelievably fast.

I kind of like him like that.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:51 PM   #4633
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillCrites View Post
Except this show is for a new generation of Turtles fans, not people already acquainted with the franchise. And I've seen a lot of interest in this series within the animation community from people who aren't even fans of the franchise. I think that this show is going to surprise a lot of people.
Yeah. Just ask The Next Mutation how things went when they went for a new generation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I do wonder if the villains we've seen so far will have any real personality, a lot of the Nick monster mutants generally didn't talk and were just monsters to fight, I can see a lot of the mutants in this show being similar.
The feeling I'm getting is that the villains are going to be one more bland characters, at least in the development side. They might have their gimmicks but not much substance.

Which is fine, the show seems to be focused more on the interactions/comedy of the turtles and a lot of quick paced action scenes. This is why villains won't get much development, it'll be TMNT shenanigans, they meet the villain and dispose of him in a cool action scene.

Last edited by sdp; 07-10-2018 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:14 PM   #4634
Xiewin
Stone Warrior

The PD threads were horrible

though looking back it was kind of funny
Old 07-10-2018, 05:24 PM   #4635
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wow. Pretty outlandish claim. Moving on.

Quote:
The PD threads were horrible

though looking back it was kind of funny
It really is, at least now.

Mostly I hope the threads goes better for that next film. But on the other hand... the drama was pretty good entertainment.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:29 PM   #4636
sdp
-

I don't have much problems with most of the turtles besides Donatello, but maybe my opinion will change once I see more of him.

Leo: More than only a jokester I see him as a cocky person who is not ready to be a leader and he'll grow to be the leader he's set out to be. In many ways we've seen this story play out before in other incarnation when Leo wants to give up leadership. And leadership is definitely a trait. I love his design.

Raph: Yeah, he's dumb and a muscle head but so was 2k3 Raph and to a lesser extent 2012 Raph. I'm not a huge fan of it but that's already how he's been depicted before. He'll be the leader for a while since he's likely the oldest/strongest and when Leo matures he'll give it to him, ti'sTokka Raph is horrible but an interesting take that I don't mind.

Mikey:Mikey sounds younger and also more of a free spirit which works for him and I like what they could do with him. Not as different of a design but it works, he looks younger.

Donnie: Well we haven't seen his character profile video but from what we've seen he looks as generic donnie as they could get and his design is the worst, though I do like his full bandanna.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:54 PM   #4637
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm just glad the Turtles don't have nostrils. I was mentally traumatized back in 2014 by the Turtles noses/nostrils and even though it's now 4 years later I have yet to fully recover. I still get the heebie jeebies just thinking about them.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:16 PM   #4638
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

At this point, why anyone expects a Ninja Turtles cartoon to be anything other than toy sales, cheap gimmicks, jokes, and action is beyond me.

Which sounds fine to a lot of you, sure.

But it's no wonder some TMNT fans get heated when they realize that the target audience is too young to drink or drive, and that the best TMNT stories were written years ago. (IDW excepted.)
Old 07-10-2018, 06:18 PM   #4639
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

TMNT for netflix pls?

^^^^
Old 07-10-2018, 06:19 PM   #4640
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

CKD, was the lists I provided you a bit too much?

I typically avoid this thread because it is so massive its hard to keep up and too often politics come into play. I do ask though, is there a premire date for Rise of The Turtles?
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters