The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Who doesn't love a good Splinter Nerve Poke???
"No no no no no... you have to hold your pinkie out..." "Uh, I don't really have a pinkie." 49 48.51%
What hit me? It was like Raph only bigger and meaner, angrier.. but not quite as ugly. 28 27.72%
Okay, who else is hoping for an ooze lamp for Christmas?? 10 9.90%
*head fireworks* I'm Freaking OUT!!!! 7 6.93%
It tastes like leather and sweat... 7 6.93%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #41
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

Like everyone else said. This was pretty brutal. Slash was so menacing and Corey Feldman did an awesome job voicing him. My brother thinks Slash is nightmare fuel.

Overall this was an excellent episode. Especially with Leo and the little girl's tea party scenes.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #42
Utromshredderhater
Hench Mutant

Most viscous Most Brutal most Violet most EPIC Version of Slash.. EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER
Utromshredderhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #43
JTH
"ME"

Well the point was to get Slash off as an uncontrollable monster.

...I'd say mission accomplished on that.

I guess I didn't take the episode title seriously enough, "Destroy" was a pretty accurate word to use.

My only complaint would be that the ending seemed a bit rushed.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #44
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

Feldman did a nice job and this episodes pacing and tone was some of the best i have seen out of this series. Loved every second of this episode.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #45
Slimer Joel
Random Punk

Awesome episode, probably my favorite so far.

As soon as Slash started beating up on Mikey (the first time) I honestly felt concerned. It was like "Holy crap! That's freakin' brutal!".

I'm so glad they didn't kill off Slash. Hoping he sticks around as a solo villain and doesn't join the Kraang or Shredder. If he does, he'll become both a repetitive and nonthreatening villain like Dogpound (before he became Rahzar).
Slimer Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #46
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Compare the battle damage of the Turtles here back to, "The Gauntlet" of Season 1.
They had the exact same battle damage due to reused renders..

The episode was pretty good. It felt a little like a filler episode, but still good nonetheless. Seeing the turtles without masks was cool, and the scenes with Leo and the little girl were really cute and funny. Definitely a better Raph episode than "Turtle Temper" was. Slash is cool...but I'll miss Spike. Too bad he's going to be a villain now, though. His friendship with Raph was really cool to see.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:36 AM   #47
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Did anyone notice that Slash beat the Turtles up worse than even Shredder did? Like wow, I never seen them that hurt and messed up.

And I'm pretty sure Raph will still call him Spike. Kinda like Shredder still calls the Xever and Chris.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #48
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Maybe it's because I wasn't really paying attention Why exactly did Raph take the Cannister of Mutagen to his room and how did it shatter?
Old 11-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #49
JTH
"ME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
Maybe it's because I wasn't really paying attention Why exactly did Raph take the Cannister of Mutagen to his room and how did it shatter?
He took the mutagen to keep Donnie from using it so he wouldn't blow the lair up, the canister fell after he slammed his door after Mikey told Raph they had to clean up the mess that Raph said was Donnie's fault, so therefore he should be the only one to do so.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #50
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth View Post
He took the mutagen to keep Donnie from using it so he wouldn't blow the lair up, the canister fell after he slammed his door after Mikey told Raph they had to clean up the mess that Raph said was Donnie's fault, so therefore he should be the only one to do so.
Ok thanks. Also, was I the only one who thought of Anakin Skywalker in Episode II When he started whining and poutting? He even at one point goes like "They're holding me back!"
Old 11-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

Is it just me or did the little girl look like something out of a Pixar movie?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #52
JTH
"ME"

This is interesting, Slash is the only villain that knows where the lair is.

So in theory, Slash could basically show up at anytime in the season to exact revenge. I wonder if that's what will happen.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #53
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:

So in theory, Slash could basically show up at anytime in the season to exact revenge. I wonder if that's what will happen.
Yeah but since Raph had attempted to save Spike in the end, that may have an effect on him and he may come back as an ally later.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #54
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:

I didn't realize that, its a good point. Hell this might be what Slash's second episode is about, coming back to the lair for a surprise attack.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #55
Rukitron
Stone Warrior

Theories for next episode with him:
- Slash feels like he has abandonment issues after he fell thinking Raph didn't care for him like he did for his family.
- Slash will go on all out revenge one more time before becoming an ally, but sacrifices himself (either go back to Spike or dimension x(?) or disappear) to go with all the hype of him being an ally
- he bakes everyone apology pizza
- Slash vs Leatherhead
- someone confuses Slash for one of the turtles
- Slash frames the hell out of everyone.
- none of these
I'm hoping next episode with Slash has closure Raph had to deal with a bit of a loss and maybe he feels guilty for Slash for turning out to be a more extreme and agressive version of himself.
Rukitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #56
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

uuuggghh that was hard to watch....it was a good episode....but when the turtles started getting beaten up.....oh man it was hard to watch T^T

first Donnie got taken in the dark!! and I was just screaming!! XD Slash be creepy!

then Mikey got beaten up so brutally in front of Raph.....that was hard to see.......

then Leo......Leo was having tea time with a little girl. (which I surprisingly have no complaints about) in fact I'm glad they put this part in cause it was getting a little too heavy.....

Raph and Spike.....omg.....

Slash how could you!!! that was so uncool T^T you will make a good creepy,violent villain
Old 11-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #57
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Yeah but since Raph had attempted to save Spike in the end, that may have an effect on him and he may come back as an ally later.
The only issue is, Slash probably didn't quite catch that (no pun intended) and accuse Raph of just letting him fall. He'll be super pissed in his return episode.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #58
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The only issue is, Slash probably didn't quite catch that (no pun intended) and accuse Raph of just letting him fall. He'll be super pissed in his return episode.
I don't wanna see a super pissed Slash.....I can barely take him when he's normally pissed......T^T
Old 11-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #59
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
I don't wanna see a super pissed Slash.....I can barely take him when he's normally pissed......T^T
Speaking of Slash, could I take a moment to say that there's a hint Ron Pearlman in his voice?
Old 11-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #60
JTH
"ME"

IGN Review is up:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...destroy-review

Spoiler:
A bit surprising, Max doesn't seem to be as high on it as others.

Tags
episode discussion, nick, slash