The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-23-2017, 07:30 AM   #121
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I did enjoy it, it had some good moments but it didn't feel like a final for me.

My Concerns

All 4 turtles should be there from the start to finish. I didn’t like the fact that they were separated for a number of years.

They should have mentioned of what happened to April, Casey, Karai, Shinigami, The Mutanimals ect. - Did they die/how they died, did they mutate or double mutate.

There should have been longer flashbacks - Explain who had this mutagen bomb and what happened to New York, the world, the moon, the lair. I also would have liked to see how Donnie got seriously injured and transform his mind into Metalhead. I would of liked to see how Mikey ended up in the middle of the wasteland.

I wasn’t keen on the turtles new looks, but I did like Donnie’s robot design.

So due to these concerns, i’ve decided that this story is non canon and the crossover arc is the final for me.

Things I liked

The fight scenes and vehicle chase scenes were great
Robot Donnie, he was awesome, I laughed when he was charging up.
Ice Cream Kitty is still alive and using a gun to take down enemies.
Chompy, he gotten big.
I started get teary eyed when Raph recognised Leo and trying to get Leo to remember him and when they all hugged each other.
Like it or not, its canon, there was never any mention of this being from an alternate universe, and no mention about time travel or Renet intervening to fix the timeline.

However in a BTS Video, a character designer only said. "In this reality" but nothing more, so we dont know what he actually meant.

Logan took place in a farther future, and they don't mention that movie taking place in an alternate universe.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:49 AM   #122
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

well, that was interesting. glad they had one girl mutant in the entire wasteland. i also liked the quick nod to tromaville. with this being the end of this generation, at least we'll always have fanfiction.

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:10 AM   #123
evan2000
Stone Warrior

Just finish watching this in decent quality, thanks to Redworld96's blog

The amount of world-building is impressive for just a 3-episode run! New character models, new terrains, new sky, new building/structures, new vehicles, new weapons... you name it! Hardly anything was reused other than the Shellraiser and those sentimental stuffs inside it, but even those have been heavily modified or aged. Okay, one exception, Ice Cream Kitty

The whole setting is so different from the show we're used to, it felt like a totally different show to me. I was only reminded that it's still the same show when, as Raph pointed out, Meera felt a lot like April - both her voice and spirit.

Mikey's appearance was fortunately not as rush as Leo's, giving the audience a little breathing room after all the intense action in the first ep. It was one of the more relaxed moment in the otherwise bitter-for-the-most-part trilogy, when we see the 3 brothers unite and chill out in Mikey's pizza parlour. I actually laughed when Donnie said he wanna throw up despite not having a stomach

Donnie certainly did not leave out his humorous side while transferring his conscience to Metalhead Mk2! I can imagine that when the explosion happened, Donnie had to be carrying a neuro-transmission machine on his back (like PD Donnie did all the time, and my sig) in order to wirelessly transmit his brain data to Metalhead back home - in case his real body got destroyed in a dangerous mission. The whole process seems to have been fully automated by Donnie beforehand, so he didn't need another scientist to initiate the transfer. Imagine the instant he died - and instantly resurrected at home as a robot.

Finally, Leo's reveal wasn't a surprise at all (as most have pointed out). I can't really complain his very limited screen time as there wasn't much else to show anyway. I honestly wouldn't wish to see him as a villain any longer than what was already shown. If anything, they should only lengthen his screen time during/after his recovery process. At this point it was too rushed and too easy... it would be more convincing if one of his brothers found a weak spot behind his head and hit it, forcing him to vomit out some residual mutagen or something which would help him restore his conscience (and hopefully a more regular-sized body )... I guess that will make more sense than the out-of-the-blue "now I'm back" for no reason

Honestly, while this final arc had turned really dark and sorrowful to watch, my eyes didn't really get watery as they did in some past eps (Vengeance is Mine, The Invasion, Tale of the Yokai, Requiem to name a few). The parts that hit me a little was Raph's flashback of baby Chompy, and the moment Raph realized the enemy was Leo after hitting off his helmet. The final end scene with the younger turtles taking a photo with Splinter felt really bittersweet to me too. The final sketch is also a really nice touch.

Well, that's a wrap! The best TMNT cartoon (in my opinion) has finally concluded. I'm really going to miss this show that Ciro and co have put together for the past 5 years! I will certainly collect all the DVDs - and Blurays if they ever get released... they will certainly be a fine collection in TMNT history!
Old 09-23-2017, 08:13 AM   #124
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

I did have a moment of "wow... they got pretty dark there..." when the little meerkat said something along the lines of "All I've known is dust and death my whole life" in such a broken hearted voice.

I still think Donnie was my favorite part of the whole arc. I really dug his design and I agree we could have used a few more flash backs to piece together what happened to him as well as the other characters. Drawing your own conclusion from a flashback would have been a bit more fulfilling then just no mention of them whatsoever... I mean... if they're gonna show Casey's skull retrofitted into a bomb and Raph yelling "Goongala!" when it's blown to bits, I think a flash back of the mutanimals and April, etc would have passed the censors just fine.

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:17 AM   #125
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I can't find it, I went to the Nickelodeon section, and there's no Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles listed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
In my Tivo, it has the Xfinity On Demand App, I go into the Kids Category, then Nickelodeon, and it doesnt show Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles nor Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles listed.

The Xfinity On Demand website doesn't show the latest episode either, the web site only shows the most recent episode, which was Lone Rat and Cub.
https://tv.xfinity.com/entity/7943100609741265112
I see. My streaming app on my phone doesn't have it, but my cable box/tv setup does. Weird.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:32 AM   #126
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

From what I've read I'm not gonna bother to watch this. Why end the show on such a sad ending?
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:35 AM   #127
`NightWatcher
Random Punk

The mutagen bomb that caused the apocalypse had a Kraang logo on it (Image below). This tells us two possible things.

1. The Kraang made their return and ultimately got their revenge.

OR

2. This is an alternate timeline where the Kraang never perished in Annihilation Earth!

Spoiler:
`NightWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:58 AM   #128
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by `NightWatcher View Post
The mutagen bomb that caused the apocalypse had a Kraang logo on it (Image below). This tells us two possible things.

1. The Kraang made their return and ultimately got their revenge.

OR

2. This is an alternate timeline where the Kraang never perished in Annihilation Earth!

Maybe it's something we could ask Ciro or Brandon about?
Cyndaquilfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:22 AM   #129
asfaloth12
Thug

Nightwatcher,
I agree with #2. I guess it would also have to be a timeline in which Renet and the other Time Masters don't exist. But, #2 could work nicely indeed.

I appreciate what Ciro and Brandon have done with this show. It's been awesome ride.
However.....I don't care if they come out of the clouds riding fiery chariots to tell me that these episodes are canon-- I still see them as an alternate timeline; and they may actually work nicely that way. They don't fit with canon. It will add a little something extra to all of those Kraang battles when we remember how things could have gone if the Kraang had not been completely defeated.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:37 AM   #130
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Shouldn't those rocks breaking apart from Moon start to orbit the Moon or Earth?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:43 AM   #131
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

I was talking with someone in twitter who worked for the show inside the writing team and that person tried to clarify the situation with the Future Arc and its importance in the show:

Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 09:49 AM   #132
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redworld96 View Post
I was talking with someone in twitter who worked for the show inside the writing team and that person tried to clarify the situation with the Future Arc and its importance in the show:

https://i.imgur.com/1tA4E46.png
This is getting weirder and weirder. Creating side stories is not excuse for messing up with the continuity.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:57 AM   #133
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Maybe someone could ask what the last part meant when they were all together as teenagers. Is it assumed they all eventually died and were reunited with Splinter? I didn't think much of it but if that is the case, that's really sad. I mean I know they would eventually die but I'd rather not see it or have any indication that they would.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:02 AM   #134
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

We could ask to every worker of the show, but only Ciro or Brandon can give us the decisive point of this last arc. After all, writers only can give their point of view of Ciro's work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Maybe someone could ask what the last part meant when they were all together as teenagers. Is it assumed they all eventually died and were reunited with Splinter? I didn't think much of it but if that is the case, that's really sad. I mean I know they would eventually die but I'd rather not see it or have any indication that they would.
I think it was just a flashback of the family taking a picture together.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:05 AM   #135
Overlord

Quote:
Maybe someone could ask what the last part meant when they were all together as teenagers.
Probably just a memory flashback.

Spoiler:
I liked Leonardo holding the sign "For Kevin and Peter" at the end
Old 09-23-2017, 10:07 AM   #136
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Just seen it and wondered the same about them with splinter, it looked that way, left me a bit emotional.

Okay having seen that, Raph was awesome, he really had his day and was not like Old man Logan as some speculated (seen as he was in good shape and could still fight)
I wish Leo had more than only coming in at the end even though it went with the Story, and speaking of Leo, poor Leo, seeing him like that made me sad Mikey was not quite as frail as we thought from that image, good to see he is still happy and himself... and it was funny that they made him wear human underpants. Donnie was still much Donnie in character, minus the body sadly.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:10 AM   #137
biganimefan
Foot Soldier

If someone doesn't want the Mutant Apocalypse episodes to be the finale that's fine. But, seriously, why would anyone consider the crossover episodes to be the true finale?! It makes no sense in a narrative standpoint. Also, are you seriously telling me that the last scene of this series is in the FW dimension with Bebop and Rocksteady having the final word? The only finale for this series that makes sense as one is either the end of the Kavaxas arc or the Mutant Apocalypse(to me anyway).
biganimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:11 AM   #138
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I think it was just a flashback of the family taking a picture together.
That makes me feel a little better but I may have to watch it again to see how it reads. I know I've had my fair share of gripes about this show mainly because of Raph but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still attached to this version of these little guys.

Last edited by Sabacooza; 09-23-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:22 AM   #139
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by biganimefan View Post
If someone doesn't want the Mutant Apocalypse episodes to be the finale that's fine.
Probably because of the 30th anniversary.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:44 AM   #140
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:

https://i.imgur.com/1tA4E46.png
Cool that does make me feel a bit better that the Kavaxas arc is the true ending.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote