The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-29-2020, 03:52 PM   #341
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I'm just saying, there's no reason why she should look like that.

It's off-putting, and it's ... just heavily offensive.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:05 PM   #342
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I'm enjoying the anime Orange road. It is very well directed and... sweet.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:09 PM   #343
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
I'm just saying, there's no reason why she should look like that.

It's off-putting, and it's ... just heavily offensive.
Off-putting I can understand, but what is "heavily offensive" about that? And what does it mean "there is no reason why she should look like that"?

She should like how author wanted her to look, not how YOU want her to look, since you had not created this character. If it triggers you - it is your problem.

No-one owes you anything, when it comes to creative process and no-one should create only the stuff you like.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:17 PM   #344
Allio
Foot Elite

I know different people has different tolerance levels. But, yeah, that isn’t bad.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:28 AM   #345
Allio
Foot Elite

So Shaman King is coming back and seems to be getting a Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood treatMeant.
Old 06-29-2020, 05:20 AM   #346
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Any Fist of the north star fans here?
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:27 PM   #347
Allio
Foot Elite

Got it for my eonebook. Been loving it.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:40 AM   #348
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon1982 View Post
Any Fist of the north star fans here?
*raises hand*

Present!

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:06 PM   #349
Allio
Foot Elite

Anyone else try Time Paradox Ghostwriter? Pretty good so far.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:32 PM   #350
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Okay, now this is just disturbing ...

No, THIS is disturbing ...

Spoiler for Just, wow ...:

She looks like a child ...

Last edited by Papenbrook; 08-02-2020 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:41 PM   #351
Allio
Foot Elite

I?m beginning to think you don?t know what the meaning of ?disturbing? is.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:06 PM   #352
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Oh, I know what disturbing is.

The fact that they decided to place child-like attributes on an adult character ... is creepy.

It's basically infantilizing them. That's why it's disturbing.

Last edited by Papenbrook; 08-02-2020 at 10:57 PM.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:14 PM   #353
CyberCubed
Overlord

That happens in almost every anime out there.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 04:42 PM   #354
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Oh, I know what disturbing is.

The fact that they decided to put child-like attributes on an adult character ...

It's basically infantilizing them. That's why it's disturbing.
I?m sorry. I think I just had an aneurysm. Is this what you think about inbetween sonic movies?

On a high note. Classic manga Captain Tsubasa is getting an english release in time for the video game. Though it is eOneBook

Last edited by Allio; 08-02-2020 at 05:01 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:22 PM   #355
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That happens in almost every anime out there.

I know.

Almost every modern Japanese manga, anime, and video game hyper-sexualizes its female characters. Way too often, it renders them useless, needless objects that need to be obtained/saved by their male counterparts.

I know that there's progress, but still. It's ... just so prevalent, especially in places that I least expect (it).
Old 08-03-2020, 04:39 AM   #356
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
I know.

Almost every modern Japanese manga, anime, and video game hyper-sexualizes its female characters. Way too often, it renders them useless, needless objects that need to be obtained/saved by their male counterparts.

I know that there's progress, but still. It's ... just so prevalent, especially in places that I least expect (it).
Glad I like manga series like Kuroshitsuji, Black Jack, Detective Conan, Gegege no Kitaro, Fruits Basket, Hunter x Hunter, +Anima (Just like Fruits Basket, this is still an all time favorite I still go back and reread at times), Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, etc., where that really wouldn't be a theme, nor would you see characters exaggerated in such a way.

I don't really keep up with much junk now, and haven't for years, but I don't get why people complain when certain things are used in specific types of shows when it's obvious which audience it's being aimed at. Something aimed at a general audience, young audience, and family audience is going to be different from stuff aimed at a teen boy audience or an adult one. You'll rarely find characters like the ones you guys posted in something like say Sazae-san or Doraemon or Chibi Maruko-chan, etc. because these are general audience/family audience themed shows. Detective Conan is another. I prefer the earlier volumes, personally, because it was bloodier...but that got toned down over the years a lot.

So yeah, look at the ratings of the shows you're watching and look into who the target audience is. Remember, some of those types of shows even in Japan, wouldn't be aired early for younger audiences to see. Some of those types of shows would air very late or on special stations that wouldn't be a part of a normal cable package to my knowledge. Not sure if I mentioned that on the board before. Even Japan have limitations on what they show and when they show it, just like in all countries.

If you see a general audience/young audience show with anything involving nudity, it's normally dealing with those in the bath. Why? Because it's part of the culture. It's normal. It's no different from showing someone eating dinner. That's how normal, and non-sexualized it is. I worked with preschool kids. By that age, they already know about the differences between boys and girls because they change right in front of each other. By elementary school, though, they're separated. In Japan, families bathe together in some instances. So yeah, anything involving the bath is generally not supposed to be viewed in a sexualized manner...unless it's definitely set up to be, and if it is, it's more than likely one of those hentai or series based on fetishes or an adult show where the girls' boobs are as big as their heads, not something mainstream (I'm only saying that as someone who's lived in Japan who have come across those types of shows while there and had cable) or something aimed at a slightly older audience.

Last edited by ssjup81; 08-04-2020 at 02:25 PM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:08 PM   #357
Allio
Foot Elite

Well in actual depressing matters. Kissanime and Kissmanga has been shut down permanently. And it will suck if this continues for other websites (personally I dropped kissmanga long ago) as there are still titles that can't be officially watched or read over here because of either age or other reasons. Like I like to read a bunch of niche manga, currently reading Human Ranch, and it doesn't have a way for me to officially support it.
Old 08-15-2020, 09:35 PM   #358
CyberCubed
Overlord

Back in late 2018 and 2019 I binge watched about 50+ anime shows on those sites that I had never seen before. Looks like I did it just in time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:45 AM   #359
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Started Violet Evergarden yesterday.

Out of every Anime I've ever seen, this is probably the best looking one I've seen yet
Old 08-16-2020, 06:04 PM   #360
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I wasn't using KissAnime much....but I was about to use it to see if movie 23 of Detective Conan was there since I was stateside when that came out last year. I haven't kept up with the actual show since it was in the 600s...as I'd grown bored, but I still read it and I still semi-keep up with the movies and while living in Japan, I could just go to the theater to watch them. I'm more bummed out about KissManga as I prefer manga to anime. I was reading on a series called Black Jack, which is pretty old and started in the early 70s. I was also reading the LoZ manga series there...well mostly Twilight Princess. When it's fully completed, I was planning on buying the full series in general anyway.

Time to find another place to read online manga and I kinda prefer the more obscure titles that are difficult to find.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote