The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-19-2017, 09:36 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Starts the road to #100? I thought #51 did!?
Uh, why can't it be both? It's pretty obvious every issue from 51 onward is building toward the 100 climax. Issue 75 is just the midpoint, like issue 25 was back when we were headed to issue 50.

If this Krang arc comes to a neat conclusion with not much loose ends, I imagine we'll head back to Bishop or Pantheon story arcs on the road to 100. There really isn't much room to add any other big story, and they still have Null to focus on whenever they remember she exists.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:47 PM   #22
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So...is anyone else wondering why they're still holding the trial if there's an invasion going on at the same time? Shouldn't they put things on a pause and deal with that?
Old 07-19-2017, 09:52 PM   #23
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Uh, why can't it be both? It's pretty obvious every issue from 51 onward is building toward the 100 climax. Issue 75 is just the midpoint, like issue 25 was back when we were headed to issue 50.

If this Krang arc comes to a neat conclusion with not much loose ends, I imagine we'll head back to Bishop or Pantheon story arcs on the road to 100. There really isn't much room to add any other big story, and they still have Null to focus on whenever they remember she exists.
Well, in its defense, a Triceraton invasion (as well as Null's mutant agenda) could overlap nicely with the Bishop plot that already encompasses the Mutanimals and Stockman... I don't see how it could tie in, however, with the Pantheon plot and/or whatever role Splinter and the Foot still have to play.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 12:46 AM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well after #75, there's only 25 issues to the big 100. Bishop still needs another big arc about his backstory or the Burnow Island issue.

And of course we now have a lot of new Pantheon members who all need their own arcs too, like Jagwar, Manmoth, etc. So that could be a couple issues for each. Other than that they could cover Null in Universe so she doesn't interfere with the main story.

And other than that there's not much else, besides all the usual recurring characters like Old Hob/Mutanimals, Leatherhead, etc. all being mixed in with everyone. I think we'll see Fugitoid and the Neutrinos closed off after this arc for the time being.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #25
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Well after #75, there's only 25 issues to the big 100. Bishop still needs another big arc about his backstory or the Burnow Island issue.

And of course we now have a lot of new Pantheon members who all need their own arcs too, like Jagwar, Manmoth, etc. So that could be a couple issues for each. Other than that they could cover Null in Universe so she doesn't interfere with the main story.

And other than that there's not much else, besides all the usual recurring characters like Old Hob/Mutanimals, Leatherhead, etc. all being mixed in with everyone. I think we'll see Fugitoid and the Neutrinos closed off after this arc for the time being.
Jagwar and Manmoth do not need their own arcs. They're simply there to round off the Pantheon.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #26
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

And two years and a month is plenty of time for a variety of story arcs, some long ones even. That's 5 TPBs.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:06 AM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Jagwar and Manmoth do not need their own arcs. They're simply there to round off the Pantheon.
So you don't want to see them do anything? I'd imagine each Pantheon member would get some time in the spotlight or focus, not just be there. We already had Rat King, Kitstune, Chi-you, and Aka have their focus. I imagine Jagwar is almost definitely going to be the next major Pantheon member with an arc, then the other two.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #28
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
So you don't want to see them do anything? I'd imagine each Pantheon member would get some time in the spotlight or focus, not just be there. We already had Rat King, Kitstune, Chi-you, and Aka have their focus. I imagine Jagwar is almost definitely going to be the next major Pantheon member with an arc, then the other two.
I really don't care about these characters, and I feel like we're getting really close to the Pantheon story being finished. I hope Rat King to stick around beyond the finale, but at this point in the plot, I'm expecting to see the Pantheon working as factions, not individuals anymore.

So no, I don't really want to see an individual story for Jagwar, or Manmoth, or Gothano. Seeing them function as parts of a whole will be sufficient for me.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:18 AM   #29
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

I have to believe we will see the Pantheon pop up in universe right before we get to #100 dealing with the resurrection of Shredder...I also wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't Universe, that if we get a 5 week back to back series again it could revolve around them
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:45 AM   #30
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Chi-You and Aka were both basically just guest stars in mini-series. I appreciated the characterization, it was a good amount of pagetime. I don't think every single

Quote:
I really don't care about these characters, and I feel like we're getting really close to the Pantheon story being finished. I hope Rat King to stick around beyond the finale, but at this point in the plot, I'm expecting to see the Pantheon working as factions, not individuals anymore.

So no, I don't really want to see an individual story for Jagwar, or Manmoth, or Gothano. Seeing them function as parts of a whole will be sufficient for me.
Yeah I think they will get enough time to shine in stories that focus on the Pantheon as a whole, we don't need story arcs like "Jagwar's Jungle Journey" or "Manmoth Moves Mountains" I want to see more of them, but it would probably better serve the story to see them as a group and detail more of their family dynamic
Old 07-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #31
ChosenOne
Banned

My take on this? If Jagwar, Manmoth and Gothano were meant to get any significant (keyword here being "significant") character development on their own, then they wouldn't have been introduced all at once. They're meant to work as part of the Pantheon, and we will definitely get more paneltime with them, but there's no need to slow down the narrative just for that at this point.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:43 PM   #32
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Gothano is probably going to be important down the line, being the "secret keeper" and will probably have quite a lot to share should he somehow spill some of what he knows.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:03 PM   #33
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing. If Chi-You is freed in TMNT/Ghostbuster II then we might have Kitsune,Rat King, and Chi-You vs Aka, Jagwar, Mammoth, Toad Baron with Gothano in the middle with a key role. I might be wrong on Toad Baron as he could go either way going by the way he has presented himself. I do hope that of them all Rat King finds a way to stay around. What if he is cursed to become mortal and takes refuse in the sewers?
Old 07-20-2017, 05:06 PM   #34
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. If Chi-You is freed in TMNT/Ghostbuster II then we might have Kitsune,Rat King, and Chi-You vs Aka, Jagwar, Mammoth, Toad Baron with Gothano in the middle with a key role. I might be wrong on Toad Baron as he could go either way going by the way he has presented himself. I do hope that of them all Rat King finds a way to stay around. What if he is cursed to become mortal and takes refuse in the sewers?
Chi-You is NOT going to work with Kitsune. Don't you remember what she did to him?

That bull holds grudges...
Old 07-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #35
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, he's going to rat her out for working with Krang for her Big Plans
Old 07-20-2017, 05:14 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's pretty obvious Jagwar is going to get an arc down the line, as she's a popular Archie Mutanimal character. The fact that she's also a warrior also helps because she'll be involved in some combat situations likely with the main cast.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #37
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Chi-You is NOT going to work with Kitsune. Don't you remember what she did to him?

That bull holds grudges...
Evil may not work together because of their desires and self glorification,but there are truces if mutually beneficial.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:17 PM   #38
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
What if he is cursed to become mortal and takes refuse in the sewers?
I believe you mean "refuge". Plenty of refuse in the sewers already, no need to take more
Old 07-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #39
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I believe you mean "refuge". Plenty of refuse in the sewers already, no need to take more
Auto correct is a beast that needs to be slayed with technology upgrades.

As for any of the Pantheon having a prominent role it would be likely be prominent but brief to resolve something like Aka did in #60 or be a villain for an arc as we have seen with three already. Rat King does deserve more than the bore of Casey & April.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #40
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Okay I could have sworn somebody posted the wraparound cover to #75... does anybody else remember seeing it?