The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #21
Diorm
Hench Mutant

The only reason I didnt continue reading the tales TPB from IDW is because I don't want to get spoiled for the Volume 3 and 4 since I didnt read those. Why? Because i'm still waiting for TPB collection from IDW. I'm not the kind of guy who buy single issues. I like trades because it looks better on a shelf (Hell Hardcover is even better). And I'm okay with the conclusion Andrew gave us for the Volume 3.
Heck I didnt even read my Odyssey TPB because I didnt read Volume 4! And I just backed Origins!
If there is a collection that needs a real conclusion is the Aventure one. With Forever War.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:36 PM   #22
member_removed
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
There hasn't been any new ones since March 2016, not really sure why and there's no point in asking Bobby since it's not his department. My guess is that had to prioritise certain series to print and since by that point Adventures was like five or six trades away from completion while Tales was nine and needed new coloring with much higher quality paper, they just went with the cheaper option. Maybe they'll finish up Adventures and continue Tales then?
I would be ok if they choose to carry on without colour. It was originally in Black and White.

No, you take the ugly one!

I'll take the ugly one!

Which one's the ugly one?
member_removed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:45 PM   #23
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Since they stopped Tales too, now we're not getting *any* Mirage releases. We just keep getting issue #1 reprinted over and over.
That is sad. Would love to complete my trades collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
Image and volume 4 reprints have been ruled out? Nick doesnt have the rights to those? Whew, these trades come out at a glacial pace, wish they did bigger trades.
No one at IDW has said yet they won't get reprinted, it's just a case of waiting. At this point Volume 3 seems most likely.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:49 PM   #24
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
No one at IDW has said yet they won't get reprinted, it's just a case of waiting. At this point Volume 3 seems most likely.
It would be about time. We've been asking them for years now to reprints those and they never answered even to the simple question: if they had the rights to do it.
Just say no and we wont hope and wait for them...
Old 08-17-2017, 03:58 PM   #25
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by member_removed View Post
I would be ok if they choose to carry on without colour. It was originally in Black and White.
Sure? It's just going to look rather weird to continue it uncolored. They could in theory republish the 80's era Tales and Volume 2 as Ultimate Collection 7-9, but then you'd get more of the material they've already printed.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:39 PM   #26
CyberCubed
Overlord

IDW said the reason they color them in the first place is because of sales. Your average casual fan isn't going to pick up a black and white comic.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:27 PM   #27
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Well people who are used to manga can buy black and white comics.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:39 AM   #28
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
Well people who are used to manga can buy black and white comics.
Do they sell just as well though? Are we talking enough of an overlapping audience here?
Hahahaha!
Old 08-18-2017, 06:26 AM   #29
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Well Walking Dead is popular isnt it? And there was Sin City too when the movies came up. It goes with the flows. But yeah indy black and white comic isnt that popular. It needs to be something popular. Like TMNT.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:23 AM   #30
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
It would be about time. We've been asking them for years now to reprints those and they never answered even to the simple question: if they had the rights to do it.
Just say no and we wont hope and wait for them...
I get your frustration although they have been busy with reprinting Volume 1 and 2. It's possible Volume 3 might be in colour which is why there's the delay.

Quote:
Well Walking Dead is popular isnt it? And there was Sin City too when the movies came up. It goes with the flows. But yeah indy black and white comic isnt that popular. It needs to be something popular. Like TMNT.
Kind of agree with CyberCubed here, it's about maximising sales but very possible they'll do a Colour Classics and Ultimate Collection for Volume 3. I personally am quite excited to see how Volume 3 is brought into colour.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 10:32 AM   #31
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
I personally am quite excited to see how Volume 3 is brought into colour.
Even though I'd rather Vol. 3 be reprinted in its original/unaltered format, I'd be interested in seeing how they manage to color in those issues. There was a lot of plain white space and the inking sometimes left a lot to be desired, so it would be a bit of a challenge coloring it all in without changing too much.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:20 PM   #32
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Tales stuff's been stopped. Wasn't told why. Paul Harmon just found a bunch of his original art files and offered to hand them over and colour his own work, and I reached out to the guys in charge and was told the above. Sorry guys.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:41 PM   #33
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
Tales stuff's been stopped. Wasn't told why. Paul Harmon just found a bunch of his original art files and offered to hand them over and colour his own work, and I reached out to the guys in charge and was told the above. Sorry guys.
Not surprised. The writing seemed to be on the wall already...
Old 08-24-2017, 08:59 PM   #34
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

The big question I'd want to ask then, is this; how were sales on the tales trades doing? If they were selling high, I don't' see why they wouldn't continue, unless Nick actually did pull the plug on Mirage reprints.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #35
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Kind of lame to start doing collected books and then never finish. Who wants to collect only half of a collection?
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 09:30 PM   #36
Powder
So tired of this place

That's why I never bought into these. Knew it'd be cut short. Not exactly happy to be right, but yeah...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:35 AM   #37
neatoman
Emperor

Hahahaha!
Old 08-25-2017, 09:52 AM   #38
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Geez, that doesn't bode well.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 11:12 PM   #39
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Huh, from what Bobby was saying in another thread, I guess it's just poor sales that ended the trades.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:19 AM   #40
bjaxx87
Foot Soldier

Quote:
That's a real bummer... Harmon's work would have appeared in Volume 10 (or 11 if they went back to 4 issues per volume). Maybe that was too far in the future to have concrete plans considering they're still holding back volume 9? They just announced an omnibus collecting volumes 1-4 (current release date: May 15, 2018), so I have hopes that they will pick the series up again once the second omnibus was released (which will take a while...).