The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-29-2015, 06:02 PM   #61
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Kraken View Post
Maybe the project will try to focus on her school life.
Man I hope that solely isn't the case.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:20 PM   #62
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Maybe the project will try to focus on her school life.
Get ready, fans, maybe we'll finally see the debut of the "real" Irma.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:26 PM   #63
CyberCubed
Overlord

The O'Neil files makes me think of "X-Files" or "Scooby Doo."

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this is a mystery type series where April has to solve clues for a crime or something, likely leading to certain mutants terrorizing citizens or something.

A TMNT version of Scooby Doo perhaps?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:49 PM   #64
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Random prediction today: Shorts revolving around her journal writing.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:56 PM   #65
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I thought the same thing as well.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:09 PM   #66
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I wonder if the show takes place BEFORE she met the turtles. That would be interesting.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:39 PM   #67
Shark_Blade
Emperor

She's the center of the new box office hit movie, so it's not surprising she stars her own show.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:45 PM   #68
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
That's an idea. She obviously writes in one, so they could do shorts based around that. Get into her frame of mind on certain things and whatnot...like her true feelings on being indirectly experimented on. I'd be pretty cool with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The O'Neil files makes me think of "X-Files" or "Scooby Doo."

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this is a mystery type series where April has to solve clues for a crime or something, likely leading to certain mutants terrorizing citizens or something.

A TMNT version of Scooby Doo perhaps?
How about the Mystery Files of Shelby Woo?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:47 PM   #69
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
She's the center of the new box office hit movie, so it's not surprising she stars her own show.
Seriously Shark, enough with these types of comments already.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:02 PM   #70
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Quote:
Why in God's name do you say that like it's a good thing?
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:36 PM   #71
TurFlytle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
*facepalm* The only reason why it grossed lots of money was because old and new fans of the movies came to watch it. Just because the sales did well doesn't mean it's good. Look at other films Michael Bay worked on that done wells sales wise, but weren't good. Stop being oblivious that people hated it. Most of the awards and reviews were NEGATIVE ones, not positive. The only one that actually won was for Worst Supporting Actress. Nice picture to paint "the best movie ever".

Last edited by TurFlytle; 08-29-2015 at 09:43 PM.
TurFlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:03 AM   #72
jenna
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNinja1987 View Post
I have been noticing in the last half of season 3 an unusual lack of screen time for April. Currently, her character doesn't have much to do, so that could be why. But maybe the writers chose to particularly not give her character much to do in season 3, as a big complaint in season 2 was the large amount of focus on her. Even Donatello's crush on her has been majorly downplayed lately.
Seriously, what is the last major thing April has done for the plot? I may be forgetting something big, but I only recall her returning Splinter to sanity in Return to New York. Of the last ten or so episodes, she hasn't been in Attack of the MegaShredder (if I remember right, but that episode is rapidly fading from my memory), Tale of Yokai, Turtles in Time, Meet Mondo Gecko, Clash of the Mutanimals,
Casey Jones vs. the Underworld, Battle for New York 1 & 2 (?), and the majority of Vision Quest or the Pig and the Rhino.
Maybe her lack of screen time is due to complaints & partly they are trying to minimize her focus in the original show to validate her for a spin-off/special.
Really? Now that's interesting. I'm in the UK and don't have the Nick channel, so other than a couple of episodes I've managed to catch on YouTube, I've only seen what's available on iTunes, which currently stops at Battle for New York. From what you say, they may well be paving the way to shift April's focus to a separate show.

Is there are a market for a non-turtle-centric TMNT based show? That will be interesting to find out.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:06 AM   #73
Amaranthus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foombamaroom View Post
Why in God's name do you say that like it's a good thing?
Why in god's name are you still taking Shark_Blade seriously?
If I recall correctly you were the person that wrote that cringeworthy "Lynch them all" song. You need to stop getting so angry about stuff you don't like.
Amaranthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:19 AM   #74
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

You know I would almost not hate it if this is a side-series running concurrently with April having secretly became Nobody (Nightwatcher?) because she wanted to "do more" with her training or whatever. I doubt it will be this, at all, but that might be ok?

I imagine this is just Nick trying to get more out of the franchise they paid so much for and thus my bet will be "unrelated show aimed at girls to diversify the brand".

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:35 AM   #75
LeoRaph
Hench Mutant

After April O'neil: The Movie, I can't get on board with this at all

There are much more interesting supporting characters in the entire Turtle Universe, Karai for one or even Tiger Claw. Hell, I'd love a series that focused on only Oroku Saki and his slow rise to the top of underworld, maybe even Karai and him, Now that would be interesting! But yeah, Judging by the 'art' if that is actually it, it seems they want to appeal to more female 'kawaii type' audience yet they don't realise how many females actually like just the turtles. SMH...
LeoRaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:52 AM   #76
drgon78
Mad Scientist

April is one of my favorite characters so I would be fine seeing a spin off series of psychic investigations or at least a series that shows more about her. I just hope it has the same animation style otherwise I will look at as an alternate dimension.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 06:06 AM   #77
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
*glare*

The show already picked up the idea that they have mutagen in them now, despite Nick Turtles only coming into contact with it and not having been injected with it like the film. Maybe with your support Viacom, Nick and PD can ruin the whole concept. I guess as long as it pleases one person....
Old 08-30-2015, 08:14 AM   #78
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
Really? Now that's interesting. I'm in the UK and don't have the Nick channel, so other than a couple of episodes I've managed to catch on YouTube, I've only seen what's available on iTunes, which currently stops at Battle for New York. From what you say, they may well be paving the way to shift April's focus to a separate show.

Is there are a market for a non-turtle-centric TMNT based show? That will be interesting to find out.
It's not the first time in tmnt history that April had her own spin off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaph View Post
After April O'neil: The Movie, I can't get on board with this at all

There are much more interesting supporting characters in the entire Turtle Universe, Karai for one or even Tiger Claw. Hell, I'd love a series that focused on only Oroku Saki and his slow rise to the top of underworld, maybe even Karai and him, Now that would be interesting! But yeah, Judging by the 'art' if that is actually it, it seems they want to appeal to more female 'kawaii type' audience yet they don't realise how many females actually like just the turtles. SMH...
I honestly think that they're not really trying to go after the female audience who have already been invested in the the original show because they're the small minority of the target demographic. They're going after the girls who don't watch the original show and try to appeal to them with things that are believed that all girls (I assuming age 9-11) will undoubtedly loved.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 08-30-2015 at 08:40 AM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:35 AM   #79
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
I wonder if the show takes place BEFORE she met the turtles. That would be interesting.
How would that be interesting? That sounds like a really boring show to me.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:39 AM   #80
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Alternately Nick could just mutate her slightly and give her sparkly fairy wings. TMNT/Winx Club cross over for the girls.
Recalled saying that two days ago... suddenly remembers her voice actor also does Tinkerbell. Ok, lil' too close to home. lol Don't you dare, Nick.

Tags
april o'neil, cybercubedthinksdeep, spin-off