The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #101
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wonder how the Turtles don't "accidentally" kill. As said Leo and Raph use blades, in a huge fight of a whole bunch of people attacking them at once there's no way their blades don't cut flesh even if they don't intend to. In the cartoons their blades are always blocked by swords or they miss (this is how the 4kids series did the Foot fights), but in any realistic scenario they're not going to be perfectly blocked.

Likewise, even a bo staff or a nunchuck to the face can cause you serious brain damage or knock you out. Do you know how much it hurts to get a huge piece of wood swung in your face at full force by a trained expert? Even if you don't die or get a concussion, that would literally knock out your front teeth and break your nose.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 05:52 PM   #102
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder how the Turtles don't "accidentally" kill. As said Leo and Raph use blades, in a huge fight of a whole bunch of people attacking them at once there's no way their blades don't cut flesh even if they don't intend to. In the cartoons their blades are always blocked by swords or they miss (this is how the 4kids series did the Foot fights), but in any realistic scenario they're not going to be perfectly blocked.

Likewise, even a bo staff or a nunchuck to the face can cause you serious brain damage or knock you out. Do you know how much it hurts to get a huge piece of wood swung in your face at full force by a trained expert? Even if you don't die or get a concussion, that would literally knock out your front teeth and break your nose.

Agreed. Though technically Raph's weapons are still blunt even though they are metal.

Utie, I second your analysis with a caveat that I think the first two would be reversed. I think Raph would be more likely to kill mainly because he is so brash and protective of the others he wouldn't really care if he did. He'd see it as one less enemy to come after them later. Leo would probably be more inclined to believe they might change or give up after a good beat-down, and would have Splinter's view that life is precious- even an enemy's. Mikey might kill, but only reluctantly and would feel awful about ut afterward. Donnie being a pacifist would only do it as a last resort or if he felt they were truly a threat to his family and friends.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 10:43 PM   #103
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
It's more of a Nickelodeon policy. If Nick let them, IDW would have them kill.
But didn't Splinter kill Shredder?
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #104
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I think Raph would be more likely to kill mainly because he is so brash and protective of the others he wouldn't really care if he did.
Gotta agree. And a good reason he doesn't use bladed weapons. If he did he may well go overboard and sooner or later eventually pay for it later, emotionally, if an innocent got in the way (or his reaction outweighed a minor baddie's offense) and his 'bull in a china shop' aggression couldn't put the breaks on well/soon enough.

In a way, his primary weapon is as much, if not more, himself and his own fists than his sai; with the sai acting as kind of a defensive aid.

(Not that you probably couldn't put the center rod of a sai through someone's gut if enough force was used.)

If all of the Turtles had access to a button that would destroy the world... I could never see Donnie or Mikey willing to hit it. Leo might, though through a very hard decision if it was down to sacrificing Earth to save the rest of the universe and it if seemed like the right thing. Raph... he's that guy who might just have a "f*** the whole world" kind of day and we're screwed.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #105
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Lots of people in this thread need to read some volume 4, regarding Michelangelo.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:17 PM   #106
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
But didn't Splinter kill Shredder?
as well as Darius Dunn.

I think so long as it's not the turtles themselves it's fine. Which I'm good with. For them, NInjutsu was taught them as a self defense, not as a killing skill.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:32 PM   #107
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Lots of people in this thread need to read some volume 4, regarding Michelangelo.
But don't a lot of people consider that arc OOC for him?

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 03:53 PM   #108
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Is it though? Dude's been through a lot at that point.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 04:06 PM   #109
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Is it though? Dude's been through a lot at that point.
Yeah, even calm cool and collected people can go through only so much before they reach they're limit.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 04:11 PM   #110
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Utie, I second your analysis with a caveat that I think the first two would be reversed. I think Raph would be more likely to kill mainly because he is so brash and protective of the others he wouldn't really care if he did. He'd see it as one less enemy to come after them later. Leo would probably be more inclined to believe they might change or give up after a good beat-down, and would have Splinter's view that life is precious- even an enemy's. Mikey might kill, but only reluctantly and would feel awful about ut afterward. Donnie being a pacifist would only do it as a last resort or if he felt they were truly a threat to his family and friends.
Yeah, that makes a little more sense in the order in which you were going. It was probably 3am when I made that post, so I didn't have everything lined up right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
as well as Darius Dunn.
Well, technically Jennika killed Dunn, but under Splinter's orders. So take that as you will.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:14 PM   #111
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Huh. Too me Raph is the biggest killer although Leo is close second. I just think Raph would have the higher kill count. Although his weapons seem to be much less deadly.

I would put Don third, because he can be calculatingly pragmatic. Maybe I'm just thinking of Mirage Don.

Then Mike. I may have totally forgotten something but I can't remember him ever killing a soul in old Mirage. Did he even kill anyone in Vol. 4 or just enjoy watching? (And I still think that was mega OOC). I guess Mirage Turtles are my head canon.

I read the most recent IDW issue and the "no kill" thing is getting really annoying. Every time Mikey and Hob interact Mikey reminds us all of the unfortunate no kill policy. The Turtles should be allowed to kill in self-defense. I feel like they have in the Nick show more than they have in IDW.

Last edited by Rooish; 05-14-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote